SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : hopelessness...no way, in JESUS there is HOPE!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

hopelessness...no way, in JESUS there is HOPE!!!

This morning I was reading through some of the news headlines and it was so discouraging. I just felt this heavy weight come upon me and I began to just talk with the LORD. There is so much ugliness in the world, so much hate, and I just prayed that FATHER would show me some good, some love so I could get past this feeling of heavy hopelessness. Then after I was praying I remembered I had received two emails from some brothers and sisters in Christ and I went to open them.

As I read through this portion of the email, it just made me smile- ""Such works of love (for so it is) puts a mark upon us, in the eyes of some. 'Look,' they say, 'how they love one another' (for they themselves hate one another), 'and how they are ready to die for each other' (for they themselves will be readier to kill each other). Yes, their indignation at us for using among ourselves the name of 'brothers' must really, I take it, come from nothing but the fact that among them every name of kinship so far as affection goes is false and feigned...But how much more fittingly are both called brothers and treated as brothers who have come to know one Father God, who have drunk of one Spirit of holiness, who from one womb of common ignorance have come with wonder to the one light of truth." (Tertullian, AD 197)

I smiled because there was my answered prayer, there is hope in HIM. There are those of us who call each other brother/sister and together no matter how ugly, hate filled, or discouraging this "worlds news" is, WE HAVE HOPE IN CHRIST JESUS!!!!

Christ JESUS lives and reigns...today is a joyous day!!

God Bless
maryjane

2011/6/7 9:58Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re: hopelessness...no way, in JESUS there is HOPE!!!

Amen sister. There is always hope. For He came to save the hopeless, the weary, the lamed, and the blind, the sinner, the sick, the Pharisee, the self-righteous, He came to save ALL! :)

How deep is His love, we don't even know it.

2011/6/7 10:20Profile
mamaluk

Re:

... always laboring FERVENTLY for you in prayers, that you may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

Seeing you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that you love one another with a pure heart FERVENTLY...

Without fervent love among brethren; even for the redeemed, hopelessness can set in.

Smile on, MaryJane!

mz

Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another.(Col.3:13)

2011/6/7 10:32Profile

Re: hopelessness...no way, in JESUS there is HOPE!!!

A wonderful post Mary Jane. Truly inspiring.

2011/6/9 2:55

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy