SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Man of Courage

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A Man of Courage

As I prayed through the Barnabas Fund guide for the persecuted I was reminded of a noble man who was martyred a few months ago. The man's name was Shabbaz Bhatti of Pakistan. He was a Christian and held the rank of Minister of Minorites. Very rare in an Islamic country. Shabbaz championed the rights of minority groups in Pakistan which included Christians and off sects of Islam. He opposed the infamous blasphemy law in Pakistan and called for its repeal. He also called for the release Aasia Bibi, a Christian mother of five who has been imprisoned for over a year for her stand for Jesus. I might add this sister is sentenced to be executed by hanging. Obviously Shabbaz taking a stand for these things in Pakistan drew the attention of the extremist. He recieved multiple death threats. Like Jesus he knew he was marked for execution. Yet this brother was willing to die for his beliefs. On Mar.3td this noble saint went onto the welcome embrace of his Lord. Let us remember the sacrifice of ths courageous saint and pray his death will not be in vain. Through his sacrifice may the blasphemy laws be repealed in Pakistan, may the church there grow stronger, and may many be brought to Christ.

2011/6/6 22:55

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy