SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Meaning of Pentecost by Hans R. Waldvogel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
StarofG0D

United States

The Meaning of Pentecost by Hans R. Waldvogel

Forgive me if you find any mistakes. I thought it was definately worth typing out! God bless.
----

The purpose God had in launching the Pentecostal movement was to make way for the presence of Jesus to be revealed, for Jesus Christ to be received by His people as King. When Jesus Christ manifests His presence, it means that a soul has broken through into a life of obedience--someone has really want Him. That's what brought the Pentecostal movement: People wanted Him
At first they knew nothing about powers, gifts, manifestations; but they knew about Him, that they lacked Him, and that they wanted Him. People would say, "O Jesus, we've been singing about You and hearing about You, but where are You? Where are You Yourself?" When Jesus Christ began to manifest Himself, He brough people into an experience, an inward experiencce, that transformed them; and there came a majesty even into their outward bearing. They came to know Him.
Jesus Christ said, "He that hath My commandments and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me and I will love him and will manifest Myself to him," John 14:21. The great secret today is to have Him and to know Him like that. But he will only manifest Himself to people who really want Him alone, who seek Him alone, who keep His commandments, who pray through, believe through, obey through, and love through until Jesus Christ Himself is revealed to them. We need to be very careful not to miss that great secret of the Lord.
To us there can be only one calll, that is to have Jesus Christ for ourselves. Once you have had a taste of His presence and of His indwelling, nothing else has an attraction for you. Himself along satisfies. There isn't anything in heaven or in the earth or under the earth that can satisfy the human heart but Jesus Christ Himself; and blessed are the people that are hungry for Him and want Him alone. Jesus, a jealous Bridegreem of the soul, takes His bride through all kinds of testings and all kinds of trials to see whether she will say, "Jesus," instead of "Self"; "Jesus," instead of "People"; "Jesus," instead of "Things." People like that are going to have Him.
There's something coming upon this earth that has not yet been fully manifested; it is Jesus Christ manifested in His own, Jesus coming to be glorifed in His saints. Today Jesus is manifesting Himself in powers, in gifts, and in all kinds of ministrations of the Holy Spirit; but after all He has taught us to pray, "Thy kingdom come to us. Even so come, Lord Jesus." Jesus Christ must find a people that are ready to receive Him, Himself, to be filled with Him, to be united to Him, a people who are not satisfied with anything short of waking in His likeness. And that's the thing we need to pay attention to.
Am I doing all in my power, am I doing all I know to know Jesus better? Is the cray of my heart, "O Jesus, to know Thee!" We get sluggish and indifferent to the call of the King. We say we're seeking Him; but when He comes to manifest Himself to us, we're not at home. Oh, how Jesus Christ longs to be revealed to be manifested!
Do you know anything sweeter, more powerful, or more wonderful upon this earth than a meeting, whether it be two or three, or two or three thousand, where Jesus Christ is evidently manifested, where He walks in the midst and every heart is drawn to Him, drawn into His presence, drawn into worship, everyone satisfied with Himself, everyone open to Him? While holding meetings in Germany people awoke to the wonder of the presence of Jesus! They said to me, "We have seen wonderful things, but there's nothing like the presence of Jesus to satisfy our hearts."
Even though He may not use you in a great way, you have a great Saviour, a great Bridgroom, a great and wonderful King. And when you have Him, you have everything. O Jesus, what a mistake we make when we want things beside Yourself, or we want anything at all, no matter how spiritual it seems, beside Yourself.
The Bible says, "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Oh, that's what I need to labor over, to have the Lord for myself, to have Jesus for myself. Never mind anything else. Let others boast of gifts and powers. My boast will be of the Lord: I will delight myself in the Lord. I have set the Lord always before me. He is at my right hand. I shall not be moved.
Jesus spoke like that of the Father. That was His cry. He was willing to empty Himself. Though He lived in the form of godliness, he counted it not robbery to be equal with God, but He emptied Himself. His only desire was to have the Father glorified in Him, even though it meant crucifixion. It was there Jesus Christ won the great fight over the selfishness and the flesh life of the human nature. He won the fight by emptying Himself, by humbling Himself.
Look at the contrast between Adam the first and Adam the last. The first Adam wanted to rise into a place of being like God, of knowing like God, and of being powerful like God. In doing so he became a slave to sin. The last Adam who was like God made Himself of no reputation and was found in the likeness of men. He humbled Himself, and what was the result? God highly exalted Him and gave Him a name that is above every name.
What do I do in order to meet Jesus, to win Christ? Paul points the way: "I count everything but refuse for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord."
We don't all have the same capacity not the same kind of ministry; we don't all have the same lights nor the same gifts, but all of us have this one call: To be for Christ, to possess Him, to be filled with Him. And nothing can withhold from me that knowledge of the Son of God if I love Him and keep His commands, if I run after Him with all my heart. All my labor ought to be over this one thing--O Jesus, that I mights know Thee and the power of Thy resurrection! Wonder of wonders, when Jesus Christ finds a heart that wants Him like that, He won't wait a long time before He'll begin to reveal Himself. Deep down in your soul there will be that still small, voice that wonderful anointing, that sweet presence of the Son of God; and it will be manifested wherever you go there will be the sweetness, that soft touch of His presence.
That's the thing that makes Holy Ghost meetings. It's because people have been accustomed to living in the presence of the Lord and because they are reaching out after Christ instead of after good meetings. That's the thing we need to know in these wonderful days. While there are many noises and many voices that clamor for our attention, there is one still small voice, the voice of Jesus, saying, "Lovest thou Me? Do you want Me?"
O Jesus, I know that I want You above everything else. Put power within me to run after Thee. Take away from my heart all idolatry, all desire for things, for people, for places; but, Son of God, I pray that I may learn to love Thee, to run after Thee, like Paul to do one thing, "forgetting the things that are behind," and reaching forth and pressing "toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus"
There is no greater call than this, and this call has certainly and definately come to our hearts. What are we doing with it? God and the devil are watching to see what you are doing over this one call, to have Jesus, to know Him. The enemy is working overtime to make people not know Jesus. If I grow careless over this one thing--knowing Jesus, darkness and confusion will enter my soul, and I will become enamored of other things.
God has called upon me to deny myself, to hate myself, to love Jesus, to want Him, to seek for Him with my whole heart. If God has put that cry into my soul, I ought to nurse it, I ought to make sure that it increases in me. As I seek Him He draws nigh to me; that seeking spirit become my portion, and I become desperately hungry for the Lord. Oh, there's the voice of the bride, "Where is He whom my soul loveth? O ye daughters of Jerusalem, I adjure you by the roes and by the hinds of the field that ye tell me where He is whome my soul loveth?" Your whole attention is riveted on Him. There is nothing else that satisfies you.
There must come a time in my soul and in your soul where Jesus Christ has become All and in all, when every other interest and every other affection has been wiped out, and there is only one interest--Jesus. No matter what He does with me, no matter whether He raises me into a place of power with Himself or not, the important thing is that I have Him for myself, that He satisfies the depths of my spirit. "This is eternal life, that they might know Thee the only true God and Jesus Christ whom Thou has sent."
What would we do if we were suddenly translated into Heaven? Would we comfortable to be forever with the Lord Jesus? Would we move in His presence if we had not learned to do that here?
What a wonderful call! Let us recall it to our own hearts. Let us ask God to restore the light in our own souls. Let us become simple. It may be God will keep you small and hidden. O wonderful, wonderful call; He says, "My love, let Me see thy countenance, thou that are in the secret place of the stairs." Let others make a great noise and clamor for attention. The bride of Christ is hiding away in Him with one desire, only place the Bridegroom.

From.... http://www.breadoflifemagazine.com/pdf/195112.pdf

Another Sermon along the same lines.

Pentecost is Loving Jesus by Hans R. Waldgovel
http://media.sermonindex.net/23/SID23035.mp3

2011/6/6 22:16Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: The Meaning of Pentecost by Hans R. Waldvogel

Thanks for your effort StarofG0D, that is lovely.

2011/6/8 10:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Tremendous sister! Thank you for this.

2011/6/8 10:33Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Bless you SOG.

It is so encouraging to see those old pictures of the tent meetings filled with people drawn to meet God and be in His presence.

2011/6/8 11:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy