SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Satan's Workshop - Influence of the Media

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mama27

Satan's Workshop - Influence of the Media

This is a powerful 3-minute video from www.gracegems.org

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUhIIAbjtyI&feature=youtu.be

2011/6/6 8:15Profile

Re: Satan's Workshop - Influence of the Media

It's amazing that this was written in 1848.

I think most believers understand all of this, but the fact remains that most believers love sin and are extremely worldly... and basically have no fear of God.

It could be argued Biblically that they are not "believers" after all. Just church goers.

Krispy

2011/6/6 8:22
browny

Re:

Thank you mama27 for posting!
So shocking but also.... reality.
In Shalom,
browny

2011/6/6 11:18Profile

mama, you know i love you in the LORD, but does not Judgement start in the House of the Lord?

not ONE word, not one rebuke, of the hideous hypocritical circus that is known as "televangelism".

i realize that the original letter was penned in 1848, but the images edited over the reading of this letter, contained not one visual reference to this haunt of denoms and those who lust after wealth, and yet "proclaim the gospel".

them that configure such televised programming are infinitely worse than the secular media, because they know the Economy of God and yet persist in their wickedness and tomfoolery, working overtime to bring reproach and shame upon the the Body of Christ.

what really CAN we expect from the secular media? to expect anything more than mindless, soulless, Godless programming from secular media, would be the same as expecting milk from a wild Tom Turkey, or to look at a box of detergent, and expect the manufacturer to print Scriptural verses on the box, so we can be edified while doing laundry.

But to rail in 1848, against the printed media, newspapers for example, is pharisaical in its bent, as newspapers in those days...local newspapers, contained much needed community information, much of it, where this Church will meet, or where a Christian farmwife could obtain flour.

furthermore newspapers in those days were crucial in rallying dear saints, who labored at the pain of death to fight against one of our more vile national sins, and that was slavery. Newspapers, at least in the free states would contain info about when such and such an "anti-slavery society would be meeting at such and such a Church, because to a great extent, the anti-slavery societies came out of the Church, most of the abolitionists, and "conductors" of the underground railroad were on fire Christians who recognized the demonic nature of "man theives", and labored with the Strength of Christ, to help liberate these dear souls from their "pharaoh's", these men and women were giants!

finally, while watching this video, something struck me, how much it resembles some of the islamic video's i've watched, its almost like matching bookends. in my studies of islamic jihadism, i've watched many "sermons" and "teachings" from all over the caliphinate, and these men are very serious about constructing islamic theocracies with sharia law from morroco to mindinao in the Phillipines.

and in sharia law, they dont play games, get caught not wearing your "hajib", veiled covering, you'll be lucky to just get a public lashing, and woe to any woman accused by a man of adultery, for she will get a public stoning, thieves, off with their hand. oh, how these muslim clerics bay and bark, truly disheartening.

but i say this; if there are those in this nation, who are desirous of a "christian theocracy", keep your ears wide open, because you will hear a creaking sound, the creaking of the gates of hell opening.

Ancient Israel had to learn that lesson the hard way, when they begged for a "king"...they got Saul.

2011/6/6 11:42
mama27

Re:

Natan4Jesus,

You are much more eloquent than I....I have not the emotional strength nor desire to debate you. You make some very good points, but because I know MANY Christians, or professing Christians who view all this stuff, and who mindlessly "absorb" it even unintentionally, I thought it was an excellent exhortation. That is all I meant by posting it.

And yes, I know you love me in the Lord.....likewise....

2011/6/6 12:08Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

mama27 thank you so much for sharing the link to that website. There are so many "gems" there.

2011/6/6 14:52Profile
mama27

Re:

Quote:
thank you so much for sharing the link to that website. There are so many "gems" there.

You are welcome. I have always been impressed deep into my heart by the writings of the Christians from earlier centuries. They have a way of saying things that we have lost in our culture. Unfortunately, oftentimes it comes across as legalistic to modernday readers. Of course we are to be discerning, but I think we have lost what it means to be holy to a large degree. You don't throw out holiness just because some call it legalistic. Maybe that in itself would just be another form of legalism. God is unchanging so how can holiness change? All I know is that the older writers spur me on in my own life to desire to be more like Christ. I'm glad you found some "gems" :)

2011/6/6 15:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy