SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Your God Given Potential

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

Your God Given Potential

God has placed great potiential on the inside of each one of us. I don't think we fully understand the potential that God has placed on the inside of us to speak things into our lives and the lives of others. And the best place to start is the first chapter of the Bible where we see all through that chapter the phrases "And God said" and then "And it was so". Now this is interesting because it says the earth was without form, void, and dark and then we see God speaking and the things He spoke are the things He saw. Then in verse 26 God said "Let us make man in our likeness" so the question is like God how. You can speak and see what you say. Notice in verse 3 God said "Let there be light", He already gave it a name and a purpose so He wasn't just speaking He was releasing what was on the inside of him. Hebrews 11:3 says " Throug faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so the things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

Now it says through his faith and words the worlds were framed and faith and words come from the inside, your heart(spirit). Matthew 15:18 says "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man." And Romans 10:10 says "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousnes". So it's not just a natter of speaking, but it's a matter of you releasing something that's in you for you to see it on the outside. And just like God released what was in him He says the same about you "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith." It's what you release from the inside that will show up on the outside.

God shows that principle all through the Bible, Joshua 1;8 "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate on it day and night, that thou mayest observe to do all that it written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success." Notice how he was going to make his way prosperous by what he released from the inside. Notice what Psalm 19:14 says "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight", why did he say that. In Psalm 141:3 he said "Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth, keep the door of my lips." Notice he said set a watch or guard before my mouth and keep the door of my lips, what is a door it's an entrance way so your mouth is a entrance way into your life. That's why he said set a guard before my mouth because when you have something in your heart and you open your mouth and speak it that thing is coming good or bad.

Jesus said in Matthew 12:34.35 that either good or bad things come from a man's heart by the words he speaks. And when those words come out they will not stop until they bring to pass what you spoke. In Joshua 6:26 Joshua pronounced a curse on whoever rebuilt the city of Jericho and in the process of time he died and after at least a hundred years in 1Kings 16:34 that curse came to pass just as he spoke. The man was dead and gone, but he released something before he died and those words continued to work until they were accomplished. He was dead, but his words were still alive and working. Well doesn't Proverbs 18:21 say " Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." That's why you not only have to be careful what you speak, but what you allow people to speak over you. I hope you take this in, God Bless.

2011/6/5 17:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Your God Given Potential

In me there dwells no good thing. Even my own righteousness is as filthy rags before our Holy God. There is no one that does good no not one!

Romans 3:10-18

10As it is written, None is righteous, just and truthful and upright and conscientious, no, not one.(C)

11No one understands [no one intelligently discerns or comprehends]; no one seeks out God.(D)

12All have turned aside; together they have gone wrong and have become unprofitable and worthless; no one does right, not even one!

13Their throat is a yawning grave; they use their tongues to deceive (to mislead and to deal treacherously). The venom of asps is beneath their lips.(E)

14Their mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.(F)

15Their feet are swift to shed blood.

16Destruction [as it dashes them to pieces] and misery mark their ways.

17And they have no experience of the way of peace [they know nothing about peace, for a peaceful way they do not even recognize].(G)

18There is no [reverential] fear of God before their eyes.(H)

Only in Christ and by His virtue in us can we speak a word of life to anyone.

2011/6/5 21:43Profile

Re: Your God Given Potential

Some good stuff in here Franklin. Just wondering, at points, where the line is between Name It and Claim It heresy, Prosperity Gospel heresy and sound doctrine. Can someone help me in this? (i'm really asking)

2011/6/5 22:51

Re:

I suppose it goes along with this other topic.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37474&forum=34&9

2011/6/5 23:51
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Good point, Greg.

In one of my favorite messages contained on SermonIndex, David Wilkerson preaches about what it means to be standing on "Holy Ground."

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=336&commentView=itemComments

He covers certain things...like a loss of reputation, freedom from materialism, and getting rid of "hidden leprosy." I highlighted a key point (in reference to what Greg said) with a series of asterisks.

Quote:

Moses was truly a man touched by God. He was supernaturally called and was full of revelation about who God was. He was permitted to know guidance as few other men have known. He was humble, pious, and burdened for the honor of God. He loved God and grieved over the sins of the people.

In spite of all this, Moses did not know of the leprosy in his own bosom:

"And the Lord said unto him, Put now thine hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom; and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow..." (Exodus 4:6).
What terror - to reach into your own bosom and touch leprosy! What an object lesson on the utter depravity of the flesh. There is nothing but disease and death in the old man. How can Moses stretch forth a leprous hand to bring about deliverance? Impossible!

Was God indulging in a little magic with Moses? No! He has no time for tricks and pranks. This was a powerful lesson the man of God must learn. It was God's way of saying to His man,

"When self is in control, you end up hurting people, bringing reproach on My work. When you attempt to do My work in spectacular, fleshly ways - you minister death, and not life.
"I cannot use that old nature from Egypt - it can't be transformed - it will always be leprous. There must be a new man, one caught up in the glory and power of the 'I AM'!"

Moses was commanded to put his leprous hand back into his bosom. "And he put his hand into his bosom again; and plucked it out of his bosom, and, behold, it was turned again as his other flesh..." (Exodus 4:7).

He would do it again in the sight of all Israel. God's people would see with their own eyes not only the miraculous anointing on the Lord's servant, but also his potential for horrible evil. They were not to get their eyes on Moses, but rather on the great "I AM." Did any in Israel that day dare to put their hand in their bosom - fearing the leprosy that lay hidden in themselves? The flesh was exposed that day, in all its ugliness and corruption.

Stretching forth the hand represents ministry. By it the seas opened, fire fell, and miracles were performed. Who among us today dares to stretch forth a leprous hand? Who will attempt to do God's work with a bosom filled with unexposed leprosy?

It will always be there, latent in the old man - the sin nature. And God wants it exposed to our spiritual eyes.

Not only is there "no good thing" in us - there is a leprous thing in us! It is that horrible thing that lusts against the Spirit, that deadly thing that one must die to, at the Cross.

What a grief it must be to the heart of God to reject so many works done in His name, because they have leprosy in them. The leprosy of ego. The leprosy of human success - competition - self motivation.

The leprosy of a worker permeates everything he touches. One may create a great, even spectacular, work for God. All may praise its bigness, its grandeur. But the truth will come out. If it has in it the seed of leprosy, it will spread until it finally kills.

What is leprosy, but sin? Hidden, unexposed, unforsaken sin! What happens when a man of God gets on holy ground? His inner soul is exposed! His deepest, hidden sins are brought to light. You can't lie with a leprous hand staring you in the face. No longer are you telling people what you've done for God - you are not glorying in your service to Him. You are too humbled by the exposure of what is in your flesh. Never again will you take lightly the potential for evil, latent in the flesh.

This revelation was a major turning point for David Wilkerson. After he preached this message, he stepped away from public ministry for about a year. At the time, Wilkerson was one of the most famous ministers in America. Yet, he shut himself away with God because he realized the gravity of his position and he became desperate for God's guidance and what God had to say.

Shortly after that year-long Sabbatical, Wilkerson felt the leading of the Holy Spirit to shut down his traveling "crusades" and moved back to New York City to start Times Square Church.

2011/6/6 0:06Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

CyAn, I too am confused. Is it that the heart speaks out of the abundance of the mouth or does the mouth speak out of the abundance of the heart. Shall I stop praying or should I just speak with this awesome power? I do not see how one could come to this teaching apart from a desire to return to Eden with a do over so as to once again eat the apple and obtain divine impartations. Speak into your billfold. Since this Word of faith teaching keeps resurfacing with zeal it seems that the little god syndrome is alive and well outside the garden just as it was within. The deception is no different. The appeal to be like gods does seem to have it's draw but how does our All powerful God feel about such robbery? Apart from Him (Christ) nothing that was made was made but wait, then He made little gods who could do as He did. Even speaking things from nothing into existence. I see where this goes and it is a great offense to God. It is robbery. Has He not said, "My ways are not your ways"? Franklin you have excitement and zeal and that is a wonderful thing if it is to His glory but this robs Him of that glory. On top of that it isn't even viable. It is not given of us to have this power. It is Gods and His alone. He may tell one to go speak to a rock but this is nothing like what the WOF is promoting. Please turn from this and show strength that will honor God and make all who see you do so give God the glory for it. It may be difficult but He will reward you spiritually in ways you cannot imagine. You will have a wonderful testimony to share with others who have been deceived by this teaching. God can use you as a means to bring the real truth (His Truth) to others of the WOF or any other group that would seek to follow such man centered teaching. What a wonderful way to participate in what was intended for evil that God can now use for good.

2011/6/6 0:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
CyAn, I too am confused.

Quote:
I see where this goes and it is a great offense to God. It is robbery. Has He not said, "My ways are not your ways"? Franklin you have excitement and zeal and that is a wonderful thing if it is to His glory but this robs

lylewise,

I don't blame Franklin. He has quoted the scriptures and i have often been confused by some of the very ones he quotes, such as Mark 11: 24 (also in Matthew). This verse says that we will have whatever we ask for as long as we believe we have it. Obviously that is NOT the case. I mean, if i ask God for a home of my own and believe He will give it to me exactly as i describe, does that mean i am going to receive it? Obviously not. Countless Christians have asked for healing in this life and not received it. So the verses are very confusing.

2011/6/6 0:38
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

I do not mean to sound unloving to Franklin. It's just that I know where this teaching leads. I have family members in it and it is just another tool of the deceiver using mammon worshipers who fleece the flock with words that will appeal to the lusts of men. It worked in Eden and it works today. What is new?

It was close to 100 degrees today where I live. If I said this heat is killing me I would be signing my own death warrant. This is how absurd this abhorrent teaching gets. A new meaning for the two edged sword is it not? It is good to condemn a bad foundation, for if not, men will build upon it the most deplorable structures.

2011/6/6 1:12Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Franklin, I too used to believe the word of faith teachings. However, the Lord used men like Hank Hanegraaff and John MacArthur to open my eyes to the deceptive and false nature of those teachings when compared to the whole counsel of God's Word. I would encourage you to read this article from Hank when you get a chance:

http://www.equip.org/articles/what-s-wrong-with-the-word-faith-movement-part-two-

2011/6/6 1:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy