SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SermonIndex Desktop Wallpapers.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Yes Finney does have quite a look, He used to talk about the countence of an minister can bring conviction on the people around him. I have gotten that background up on my computer a few times and it did shock some people. I would repent just looking at him

Yes, I had the same thing happen many times when folk see the desktop. WHO is that? Lots of things come to mind. One is how different he looked when he was older than when he was young. Then again, sometime portriat paintings are not trustworthy because of the people who had them made would get made at the painter if they didn't like the look- even if it were accurate. I seriously doubt Finney would do that- but I know some painters did. Some painters actually 'doctored' the photos- especially ones of themselves.

In Lecture 13 Finney deals with a most disturbing subject; men who have sought revival and the people were stiffnecked until it killed the ministers. They literally died trying to see revival take place. I wonder if Finney's wild looks are not at least in part due to the stress and grief of dealing with cold professors and hardened sinners.

2005/5/3 14:20Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Just added:

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/wallpapers/backgrounds12_sm.gif[/img]
• C.H. Spurgeon

2005/6/15 19:33Profile
PGP

Re:

I would love to have an image of John Wesley. Have you got anything? I can add a quote to the image myself. But I love the style of these images. Anything you have of Wesley in this theme would be great.

2005/6/26 21:34Profile
PGP

Re:

FYI Still watching for a reply on the John Wesley image.

2005/6/29 17:57Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Out of town

Hi PGP,

Greg is in the Ukraine right now ministering to street kids. I am sure if he has something available he would be more than glad to put it up on site. Stay tuned brother.

2005/6/29 23:11Profile
PGP

Re: Out of town

Thanks, crsschk. I also have friends in the Ukraine as we speak. Interesting.

We start a new message series this week at our church and I'd love to have the image for this series. Of course, nothing is a must! Thanks, I'll stay tuned and hold out as long as possible. :-)

2005/7/7 16:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Just added:

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/wallpapers/backgrounds13_sm.gif[/img]
• John Wesley

;-)

2005/7/8 17:20Profile
PGP

Re:

AWESOME!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Just in time, too. And it looks great.

2005/7/9 21:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I just recieved an email request to locate any wallpapers on the website. I am going to try and redo alot of them and add more and pin it in the forums section so they are more accesible.

2006/3/18 19:17Profile
Willo

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re:

Looks good mate!

2006/3/22 1:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy