SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Do you charge God foolishly?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rbanks

Do you charge God foolishly?

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (KJV) 3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

1 John 5:18-19 (KJV) 18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. 19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

1 Peter 5:8-9 (KJV) 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Ephesians 6:12 (KJV) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Luke 11:2 (KJV) And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

Those who believe that God is in total control and wills everything that happens on this earth by saying that he does everything. Can you please explain these few scriptures for me, because I don’t just charge God foolishly for everything that happens in the earth?

The bible clearly reveals that the god of this present evil age is the devil. As Christians we are to pray and enforce the rule of the true God in our present life on the earth but until the Lord comes back and sets up His kingdom Satan is still ruling over this present evil world.

God is in ultimate control and the devil is on a short lease and only has control over those still in darkness. I realized that God has allowed evil to exist until it runs its course but I will not charge God foolishly as though He is to be blamed for everything that happens on this present earth.

Blessings to all!

2011/6/2 23:03Profile

Re: Do you charge God foolishly?

Those 5 verses are regarding human beings. The first one is about unsaved people and the next four are addressing Saved people.

I'm not sure what your post is about. GOD has given humans "free will".
I sure don't believe that GOD causes people to sin - that's for sure.

- "Things that happen in this earth" seems to make me think that this post isn't just about humans, but maybe in regard to the tornado thread?

2011/6/3 4:29
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
I'm not sure what your post is about. GOD has given humans "free will". I sure don't believe that GOD causes people to sin - that's for sure.

Very good point sister! I am glad you still see it this way even though some sound as if they don't.

I also have enjoyed your writings and the wisdom God has given you.

We all need to be clear in that we do not make God responsible for sin even though he has allowed it for a season.

Blessings to you!

2011/6/3 5:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy