SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : C.H. Spurgeon on House Churches?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

KingJimmy wrote:

Quote:
Practical things have to be done in the work of the kingdom. But, he surely didn't waste any valuable paper and ink to do such.

I respect your sentiments brother though I would disagree regarding the importance of discussing this issue. I'm sure you would agree that there has been much discord between many in house churches and many in traditional churches. One of the main contentions has to do with whether or not it is Scriptural to invest funds in expensive church buildings, or whether or not it is Scriptural to focus on meeting in buildings as opposed to homes and vice versa.

For me, I think prayerful consideration of the Scriptures regarding these things may help bring some unity between both sides. I want to be able to reason from Scripture with both sides, with gentleness and respect. But I understand that the Lord does not lead all of us in the same way as far as the topics we study :)

2011/6/5 0:06Profile

Re:

Please forgive me for my 2 cents worth but is the issue really church buildings vs private homes? Is not the issue that Christ is dwelling in ones heart (Eph.3:17)? Are the people of faith not the church (Eph.2:21-22,Mat.18;20)? Did not the Lord say he did not dwell in buildings made by human hands (Acts 7:49-50)? I would simply offer that Jesus is dwelling in our hearts and we are the church irregardlrss of the external venue we meet in.

2011/6/5 14:42
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Personally I like a small Church. Would love the church that was mentioned here. But the bottom line is we just need to stay close to the Lord in Word and in prayer. As we ask He will lead us.

In America & Canada we have mostly Church buildings with lots of activities. Now if we look to other nations they have home Church due to persecutions etc. In some of the farm lands of China they are having revival and with no buildings a lot of times - just a sheet over head for protection.

It is important to not have pride. Pride when in a large Church with lots of activities or pride because we worship with a guitar, pray & in the Word in home Church.

We need to go with the flow of the Spirit and be open to wherever the Lord would have us. He knows our needs, our desires and He knows the future.

Personally I would love a home Church. Had a taste of a home group from a large Church. Really, really nice. We got to know each other. We were being the Church in that little home group.

But I look back and even right now - I just long for fellowship with believers who are surrendered, eyes upon Him and not in legalism, and not desiring to be someone,be in the world but not of the world, heart for the lost a passion for Jesus ready to give up anything and everything when He calls for it.

It is being done all over the world today. In fact, people are losing everything including family members and their own lives for Jesus.

Praise God when He brings believers together no matter the roof type or walls or lack of and we can flow in unity in the Holy Spirit for His Name sake giving Him all the glory.

2011/6/5 16:28Profile

Re: Joyul Heart

Amen, my sister, amen.

2011/6/5 17:29
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Amen Joyful and martyr. Both sides need to get to the point where they do not make a huge issue of external settings but focus more on the heart and passion for the Lord, worshipping Him in spirit and in truth. Both sides are guilty of majoring on structure more than on what matters most; loving Jesus, loving the brethren, and loving the lost.

2011/6/5 20:40Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy