SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Leonard Ravenhill / Mack Tomlinson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EdwardHyslop

CURRENTLY IN IRELAND. Normally Lake Alfred, Florida in Winter and Michigan in summer.

Leonard Ravenhill / Mack Tomlinson

I am a close family friend of dear brother Mack Tomlinson in Texas. Mack grew up as a young man with my late brother-in-law, Kent McElroy. (Clarendon, Texas), and as I write this, this warm summers evening, I sit here in my small apartment, located right in the City Centre of Sheffield, England, which MUST only be minutes away from the location where Leonard will have pastored. I have just emailed Mack to try find out where Leonard Ravenhills interim pastorate was here in Sheffield, England. I am of course only a few minutes on the interstate, (M1 motorway here in England) from Leeds, where Leonard also spent some of his life. I will be fascinated to have any input from anyone who has any knowledge of the location of Leonards Church, here in Sheffield.
Trusting that someone will have a little more information, so that I can go compile some photographic information, both of here in Sheffield and in Leeds.
God Bless
Edward

2011/6/1 17:53Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Leonard Ravenhill / Mack Tomlinson

Someone might know a LOT more than I because I found this on the internet...

"The wedding was in Leeds in September of 1939 while Leonard was pastoring in Oldham. Their lives were linked together for the next fifty-five years. The Calvary Holiness magazine announced the wedding in its news section...

Ravenhill sons soon began to arrive. Their first son Paul was born in 1940 while living in Sheffield. A second son, David, arrived in Burnley two years later and finally Philip was born in Bath in 1945. During these years Leonard was interim minister for churches in Bath, Burnley, Oldham, Salford, and Sheffield."
(From the new book about Ranvenhill found at http://www.womenofchristianity.com/?p=2045)
--------------

Did he interim at all Calvary Holiness churches or any church is the question!! I for one do not know. I hope you find out!!

God bless you in your search,
Lisa

2011/6/2 6:58Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
which MUST only be minutes away from the location where Leonard will have pastored. I have just emailed Mack to try find out where Leonard Ravenhills interim pastorate was here in Sheffield, England

What a blessing to be living so close to that area. Sadly it is forgotten Church history. May God see other young Ravenhill's in our day trust Him by faith and preach the everlasting Gospel on the streets in England.

2011/6/2 21:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy