Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why Homosexuality is a Sin

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Why Homosexuality is a Sin

Studying the other night in the book of Ephesians, i came across this passage:

5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

It seemed to say to me that God didn't create marriage simply for our benefit (although that is part of the reason. Gen.2:18) but that marriage speaks of the great wedding to come between Christ and the Church. Marriage itself is simply a shadow (much likt the OT sacrifices that pointed to Christ) that points to the Day of Redemption. That is why homosexuality is a sin (and all pre-marital relations). Not because God hates it when people physically express their love, but because any relationship outside of a marriage (between a man and woman) makes a mockery of what marriage really is: The prototype (if i may use that term) of our coming marriage to the Bridegroom.

Perhaps my interprtationof the scripture was wrong. What does anyone else think?

2004/12/5 16:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Why Homosexuality is a Sin

Quote:
Marriage itself is simply a shadow (much likt the OT sacrifices that pointed to Christ) that points to the Day of Redemption.

Yes Absolutely brother thats very true! Jesus said that we will be like angels in Heaven not being given in marriage for we will be fully dedicated to Christ in heaven.

Quote:
That is why homosexuality is a sin (and all pre-marital relations). Not because God hates it when people physically express their love, but because any relationship outside of a marriage (between a man and woman) makes a mockery of what marriage really is: The prototype (if i may use that term) of our coming marriage to the Bridegroom.

Sodomy (Homosexuality) is a grave sin even worse then fornacation (sex outside of marriage). Verses throughout the bible are very clear showing its an abomindable practice and is something that is sinful and has consquences.

[b]Jude 1:7 KJV[/b] - Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

[b]2 Peter 2:6 KJV[/b] - And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

[b]1 Corinthians 6:9 KJV[/b] - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

There is very very clear scriptures that the practice of Sodomy is something that deserves wrath. Read Romans chapter 2 to see how Sodomy began.

2004/12/5 16:38Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Yes, Romans 2 states clearly that homosexualtiy is a sin. Its sad that some would twist Scripture the way they do and make the truth of God into a lie.

EDIT> Romans 1

2004/12/5 22:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy