SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : All you 'good, decent Americans,' prepare to be called 'bigots'

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 All you 'good, decent Americans,' prepare to be called 'bigots'

Now that the Minnesota legislature has said "yes" to putting a constitutional amendment declaring marriage the union of one man and one woman on the November 2012 ballot, some of its leading supporters are warning the normally nice folks in the Midwestern state to get ready for an ugly battle.

"There's going to be an incredible effort to paint good, decent and honorable Americans who believe marriage is the union of husband and wife, as if Minnesotans who believe that are hateful bigots," claims National Organization for Marriage Board Chairman Maggie Gallagher. "No matter how sincerely and thoughtfully and reasonably we talk about our concerns, we get treated as though we are the biggest haters."

Minnesota House Bill 1613, aimed at preventing Minnesota's marriage statute from being overturned in the courts, passed by a narrow 70-62 vote. Even though his action is merely symbolic and can't stop ...

read more: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=304169

2011/5/29 14:15Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: All you 'good, decent Americans,' prepare to be called 'bigots

I can't bare to take any news from wnd. I can agree with the bigot part though that will be coming. I have seen some propaganda coming down the pipe in reference to homosexuals and how it is ok. Already saw one commercial for it and then I saw a brief commercial with Hillary Duff with the statement about if someone were to say that something 'is so gay' becareful how you word it because it has consequences. So, what we are going to have is a culture war of redefining words. It has already happened with homophobic. Now you will be chastised if you are to saying 'that is so gay' as a figure of speech. Funny, because gay used to be mean happy at a point in time.

2011/5/29 14:51Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I agree it is not the best place at all for news. But the title rang true in my spirit. This time is coming very soon where all true Bible believing Christians will be called "bigots" Oh to count the cost now. To preach Christ now.

Time is running out.

2011/5/29 15:12Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Amen! It is hard to hear negative things all the time but we must not be ignorant either. We must be prepared. The good news is! Jesus wins! So lets keep our faith, be strong and of good courage. Encourage one another. We have an Eternity waiting that cannot be compared to anything this world brings us. Time to watch and pray and see the Lord high and lifted up. Glory to His Name.

2011/5/29 15:56Profile

Re: All you 'good, decent Americans,' prepare to be called 'bigots

whenever i read the words "Good decent people", i get a check in the Spirit, so intense, it rocks me to my core..

what did Jesus say when confronted by the "good and decent people" of His day, the pharisees? He said they are very adept at cleaning the outside of the cup and whitewashing their tombs......but whats inside?

what did Paul say about such "self Justification" in Romans?

furthermore, when i see this old saw, about "protecting"
marriage, two things come to mind, the divorce rate of the churched, side by side with the secular.

and i also reflect on the sad, hypocritical "ministry" of Ted Haggard, who once one of the leading church voices against gay marriage, as head of the NAE, was exposed by God as a meth snorting, adulterous homosexual male whore monger.

do you ever think that this wicked hypocrisy has been forgotten by the supporters of same sex marriage?

Ted Haggard, if the devil hasnt already got him in his grasp, should fearfully consider the Words of Jesus when He detailed what would happen to those who stumble Jesus little children. The words "millstone" and "deepest part of the ocean", come to heart.

as far as homosexuals desiring marriage, leave them to their own devices, its all right out of the Book of Judges: "every man did as he saw fit". Pray God they learn their peril and folly, but to mix the Holy, Jesus, with the earthly and profane, politics is equal folly.

Politicians have one guiding precept, power and money, and if you bind yourselves to them, watch out, you may be subsumed with such demonic temptations, as they have wedded themselves too.

as the LORD leds, to monofocus on what is really a sin of the flesh, we give short shrift to the inumerable sin issues clouding this world, one sticks out as i write; no rebuke of those who so lusted after the golden calf, that they would fool the vast majority of our fellow citizens, by crafting mortgages granted to folks who could ill afford as such, and are in deep trouble, homeless, bereft of resource, marriages strained, whilst these greedy fleshlings continue to feast off the misery of others.

this is just one of many sins stalking the land, there are many others, but space and time dictate my brevity.

God sees all, including the depravity in what we think is secret from Him. The only thing "good and decent" within me, is because of the Grace and Mercy of the Lamb of God, nothing else.

Avoid religious arrogance, that road leds to ruin.
Avoid the ugly wedding of faith with politics, that road leds to hell, as history has tragically shown us.

Leave those "who do as they see fit" to their own devices, praying that God will bless you and them by plucking a few from the fire.

Legislation will not accomplish that, prayer will.

2011/5/30 1:57

"bigots"

personally, it doesnt even phase me, matter to me, what they, or even you "call" me.

i'm still going to love them, i hope you REALLY do too.

All i care about is that God calls me "neily", and i call Him, Jesus.,,,and that we are in intimate relationship, face to face, as one would talk to a Friend, just as Moses did.

everything else is white noise; straw and stubble destined to burned in the Fire.

2011/5/30 2:08
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re:

Amen Greg.

It will not be long before anyone that professes Christ will become an enemy of the state. There is lot of hatred or intolerance toward Jesus, more than I have ever seen.

The other day a judge ordered a Christian preacher in one of the 50 states here in America, (I don't remember which state) not to mention the name of Jesus, in his memorial day speech.

If I was that preacher I would have told the judge to get a Muslim to do the service and walk out. No compromise.

2011/5/31 2:23Profile

Re:

Quote:
Time is running out.

Yes, i feel it too. I lay in bed at night with the sense that a storm is about to break and yet i couldnt tell you why (and i dont mean a rainstorm). Our culture is embracing total depravity, day by day. I think we are heading back to barbarianism.

2011/5/31 3:04

Re:

Quote:
If I was that preacher I would have told the judge to get a Muslim to do the service and walk out. No compromise.

Amen to that!

2011/5/31 3:10

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy