SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Goodbye Oprah! -- The Untold Story

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ManofGod0000

Re:

I am glad that she is leaving, of course nothing ugly towards her, but I have never cared for her controversy.

Again, no ugly thoughts or negative remarks for Miss Winfrey, just not a fan.

2011/5/29 22:02Profile

Re: Unbiblical new Age evil

I have seen her impart a demon from Tolle, the New age guru/wizard she studies under, to hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people at once.. She denies, and mocks Jesus as the only way to God as "impossible" and ridiculous.

There are hundreds of videos out there proving this, but below is one given from a black Pastor's perspective, and seems to be sound. Oprah has drank heartily from the wells of anti-Christ. Though she is quite brilliant and has an attractiveness to her positive attitude...remember...so does the Devil.

http://youtu.be/8zQ8Z2yY1PA

2011/5/30 1:14
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Goodbye Oprah! -- The Untold Story

Brother Jimmy,

You are aware she now has her own channel right?

2011/5/30 1:50Profile

Yes, I agree with you Jimmy. I am relieved the Oprah show has gone too. She is a New Ager and hates true Christianity/true Christian doctrine. I recall the episode when a Christian woman rebuked her for her false doctrine and Oprah became enraged in front of the entire audience; Oprah likes to mention the name of "Jesus" from time to time but don't you ever tell anyone that He is God and the ONLY way to Heaven.
Her "Jesus" is not the Jesus of the Holy Bible.

I just worry where Oprah is going to pop up next...

Quote:
I have seen her impart a demon from Tolle, the New age guru/wizard she studies under, to hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people at once.. She denies, and mocks Jesus as the only way to God as "impossible"

Oh! Creeeeeepy!! I only just read this AFTER my above post. ICK!!

2011/6/1 7:32
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Oprah is also a well known for her adulterous relationships, so why does she appeal to 'Christian' women? May I suggest it is her charm? It has an appeal all of its own. Couple that with an New Age philosophy you have an ideal situation to perpetuate false doctrine.

2011/6/1 10:31Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: adulterous relationships

Quote:
by ginnyrose
Oprah is also a well known for her adulterous relationships...

Not that I am taking Oprah's side AT ALL but what "well known adulterous relationships" are you speaking of? Not that I stay in the entertainment news but I've only heard of Oprah ever dating one man (all these years) and his name is Stedman.

I'm only asking this because if we, as Christians, perpetrate even seemingly unimportant falsities... are we any better than her?

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/6/1 11:44Profile

yawn.

2011/6/1 11:47
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Dating? Stedman lives with her...and he was not her first one...

And this is not important?

I do not care how correct ones' theology is, how correct the doctrine is they promote, if they are living in sin, it discredits it all.

EDIT:
1 Corinthians 5:9-12:
9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:

10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

2011/6/1 14:28Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

I looked it up and she has been dating Stedman for "22 years," that is a far cry from proclaiming incorrectly, "Oprah is also a well known for her ADULTEROUS RELATIONSHIPS." (edit: relationship'S' implies many) Who is she well known to for this? Not the world, they know she's been with one man for 22 years.

All I'm trying to say is that we should be careful accusing people (especially when worldly people know it's not true), it's just makes us look like religious idiots and then after that they hold nothing that we say of any value.

This is my final say on this, just please consider what I am saying is all.

God bless you,
Lisa

(edit: shacking up with one man for 22 years is inherently different than what you originally posted, insinuating many men in and out of her life. And I was not talking about the "sin" of living together; I believe we all agree on that.)

2011/6/1 16:01Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Lysa,

Shacking is sin, regardless who does it. Whether it be your son or mine or Oprah.

We do ourselves serious harm by questioning the realities of moral living. We can come across as justifying it and thus you will open the door to the devil to come in and make himself at home.

Lysa, the internet will also tell you Oprah and Stedman are not married. The Scriptures calls this sin: fornicators, adulterers will not enter the kingdom of heaven. This idea is not original with me. If this makes me a religious idiot, so be it.

ginnyrose

2011/6/1 16:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy