SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : New wine

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

New wine

Due to a recent post, God directed me into studying the new wine in scripture, at first my understanding was blind as to why God wanted me to study this area, also i couldnt see how it related to the topic that troubled me so much. The point that the holy spirit has kept me to chew on was why the skins burst when new wine is put into it. and although my study is not complete in understanding yet for me, this is how and what he showed me so far

a client of mine worked in a winery and he said that the old wine containers contained bacteria so if you put a new batch of wine in them the bacteria reacts with the wine while it is fermenting therefor the container bursts. .

When making wine today the same containers are used but they are completley sterilized of this bacteria before adding new wine.

ephesians 4:21... says it as the following

if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

In my past as a christian there where some bacteria (sin) of my life i ignored and justified it by saying "its ok it's not that bad of a sin" or "it's not hurting anyone" or "jesus will take it out of my life later" eventually i would fall about 6 months later into greater sins. This was my christian walk for 20 years. alot of pain depression regrets and basically i lost my house, friends, dignity, jobs, fellowship, wife and my mind.

durring this time i looked everywhere for awnsers in the christian world and would find something that looked good and felt good but never set me free of this pattern. such as; preachers that tickle the ears, hundreds of so called christian help books i even at one stage looked into the toronto blessing but God allowed me to see what was heppening and i seperated from this very quickly.

The problem was and always has been that there were some area's in my life that still had bacteria which i wasnt getting rid off. I believe that five weeks ago for the first time when i knelt down at the cross and gave "all" of my sinfull thoughts to him and trusted Jesus that he will protect me and shelter me from the enemy instead of me trying to do it in my own strength, it was then that God heard my cry and broke this pattern in my life. and i am now a new person in Christ filled with the Holy spirit.

The enemy has been persistant in his attacks on my mind but he has not prevailed at all because of christs covering over me. Some of the fruit from this is a fellow worker was in tears the other night as the power of the holy spirit convicted her of her sins and she has been praying to the Lord since asking him to wash away her sins. My wife and i have started a new life together with love, tenderness and support for each other. As these things have increased so have the attacks on me but this is a good thing as they are the marks of Jesus christ and not because of my sinful nature. anyway just wanted to share where i am at.

If my terminology is wrong i apologise, i find it very hard to qualify some things in such a small amount of space. for instance my biblical study on the new wine is about 15 pages long and growing. oh and my study on the the tabinacle of God well i leave it at that.:)

I now what it is to live a life as a slave to sin and the sting that comes with it but i testify today that i know know what it is like to be a new creature in Christ.

2011/5/28 0:40Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: New wine

Awesome testimony dear brother, I did some studying on wine a while back and the Lord revealed or helped me understand something in the way he naturally does.

It started with the question, I sat and read Mathew 9:17 "Nor do people put new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the wineskins burst, and the wine pours out and the wineskins are ruined; but they put new wine into fresh wineskins, and both are preserved.”

This got me to thinking What in the world does this even mean? I asked the Lord to teach me and that is just what He did. As I read this passage over and over again meditating on it, the Lord prompted in my mind the times either I or my wife forgot to put some fruit juice up, it would sometimes get hot and the plastic container would bloat up filled with Gas. You could open the Lid and let that gas out.

I did some research and found to properly ferment wine you need it to be placed in a tightly closed container, in the times of Jesus it would be a Wineskin. The Lord showed to me that had someone put New Wine into Old Wineskin, "New Wine" being unferment or to the least not fully fermented it would go through the process of Fermination, fill the Old wine skin with gases and eventually burst it. Why? because it had already been streched by they process of Fermentation. No it is much wiser to put New Wine into New Wineskin to allow for the streching need to keep the Wine and the Wineskin intact.

Jesus is addressing the Pharisees here and is essentially saying Your ideas and religion will no longer be able to handle the Teaching of the Father because IF you did take it on in your Old thinking, your perverbial bubble would literally burst. The Pharisees needed a serious renewal of mind however many of them refused and when they heard Jesus' teachings they burst with anger and hatred.

This was the interpretation the Lord gave me on this scripture I hope it blesses you as your testimony has blessed me.

God Bless,
Matthew

2011/5/28 2:08Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Amen to that brother, your study has highlighted my understanding to another part which the Lord has told me to go to. thankyou i found that each part that God shows me their is a deeper understanding. It definatley shows me that even in a hundred life times of studying every day i still would only and even if that, a small glimpse of the glory of Jesus christ.

My client who told me about the wine proces (non-christian) was explaining to me some off the more decpetive ways that people change wines to make it look like expensive wines. but that will be another study session.

2011/5/28 3:44Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, a great article to help your study is 'are we settled on our lees'awiderness voice on your computer.jimp

2011/5/28 5:11Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi Jimp

I read this article and it opened another area for me to look at thanks for the suggestion.

2011/5/29 19:07Profile
browny

Re: New wine

Thanks for sharing your testimony crusader !! (and Matthew)
Praying for you.
browny.

2011/5/30 2:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy