SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bible Atlas?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
riki

Sweden

Bible Atlas?

Can anyone recommend a good Bible Atlas? I know there are tons of them out there (well, almost), but which are the good ones? It should be reliable, extensive enough, practical (to handle), pedagogical, and not too expensive. Are there atlases like that? I'm mainly interested in the maps. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Rikard

2004/12/4 6:57Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Bible Atlas?

Riki
I'm not dure whether or not this will meet your needs but the Logos Bible Atlas programme is an interesting piece of software.

One of the interesting things is that you can create just about any kind of atlas you want. The topographical views create a 3D image of the piece of land you are interested and the Bible History has some very graphic sketch maps of key events.

Can I hitch a ride on your thread? I would love to be able to walk through Gethsemene and enter the land as Abraham or Joshua did from the East. Does anyone know of a virtual Holy Land programme or website where this can be done? The ilumina software makes a start but it is bit Disneyish. What I would like is a virtual topographic experience. I want to know what you can see from Nebo, and pause at Shechem in the valley of decision. Surely someone must have done it?

2004/12/4 11:56Profile
riki

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
Riki
I'm not dure whether or not this will meet your needs but the Logos Bible Atlas programme is an interesting piece of software.

Actually, I think I would prefer it in paper format. Or both. I don't want to have to turn on the computer every time I read the Word... Of course it can be very helpful at times, but other times I feel it is a distraction. Thanks for the tip, though.
Quote:
Can I hitch a ride on your thread?

Sure, anytime.

Quote:
I would love to be able to walk through Gethsemene and enter the land as Abraham or Joshua did from the East. Does anyone know of a virtual Holy Land programme or website where this can be done? The ilumina software makes a start but it is bit Disneyish. What I would like is a virtual topographic experience.

:-D Ha, ha, that would be nice... I've never thought of the idea, but it sure sounds cool. Would probably have to buy a new computer first, though...

2004/12/5 7:18Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy