SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pray-ers needed for Joplin MO, victims

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Pray-ers needed for Joplin MO, victims

Face book and other social networking sites like twitter are actually aiding in helping others find missing family members, friends and pets. Here is a link to CBS news report.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20066445-501465.html

Seeing pictures of missing people in the Joplin Missouri area really breaks my heart. Right now my wife is looking through the Joplin lost and found crying and praying for these unfortunate people and their families.

I know many here on sermonindex are praying for Joplin survivors that live in other States and Nations of the world.
I am asking that you seek the Lord, then go to this link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joplin-Mo-Tornado-Survivors/212837822082340

So you can see the faces of the people and family members that you will be praying for.

Prayer: Father, I come before you in Jesus name, and I pray that you quicken the hearts of your hidden servants to stand in the gap for the many missing loved one's and their families in Joplin Missouri and not only Joplin, but also the other eleven states that destructive tornado's have destroyed homes and taken many lives.

I pray Father, that you will comfort the families that have suffered loss. I pray for those that are now fatherless, motherless, those that have lost children because of this catastrophe tornado that has taken so much from so many.

In Jesus name, I pray, Amen.

2011/5/27 0:22Profile

Re: Pray-ers needed for Joplin MO, victims

Will be praying.

2011/5/27 0:38
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

We will continue in prayer too.

2011/5/27 0:50Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

April 27th produced deadly tornadoes in Alabama and several other States. And prior to that there was that massive earthquake and tsunami in Japan and the ensuing meltdown of 4 nuclear reactors which is an on going disaster.

Shouldn't they be included in our prayers. It doesn't feel right to forget them so quickly. They have not even had a chance to rebuild.

I fear we will develop disaster overload and the impact of them will no longer shock us. It may result from self preservation impulses but I feel we should do what we can to prevent ourselves from being desensitized to such raw tragedy.

There is also the attacks on Christians in the Mid East. So many for which to pray I can not figure where to start. Is anyone else feeling this?

white stone

2011/5/28 0:21Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Is anyone else feeling this?

bump

2011/5/29 16:23Profile
mama27

Re: Is anyone else feeling this?

Quote:
Is anyone else feeling this?

I had posted on this several days ago and then deleted it.... There is so much need EVERYWHERE it seems.....have we even heard about Japan recently?? I can hardly bear it even to pray.....Let alone enormous hurting in many families even WITHOUT a tornado. My children were asking why so many tornados? Am I a dooms-dayer to think that maybe God is trying to get our attention? Well, I pray, but my prayers seem so feeble in the face of such devastation. THANK YOU to anyone who is able to physically go there and help!

2011/5/29 17:32Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear mama27,

Thank you for your reply to my post. It is good to know this feeling is shared. I see nothing wrong in believing God is getting out attention, that is what I believe. Explaining this to your children must be a challenge.

Kind regards,
white stone

2011/5/30 0:17Profile

Janice

i havent stopped praying for ALL in Joplin.

forgive the assumption, but i feel you have little regard for me, even to point of casting me as "suspect", but please hear me on several counts:

the heart so canted to Jesus, will never develop "disaster overload", such heart is His Heart, therefore it is full of Hope, Faith and Charity.

Oh yes, sister...times are dark and turbulent, and by the signs, promising to get, even more so, yet what have we to fear?

i, totally and absolutely rebuke the spirit of fear in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. Simply because we are dead already, yet alive to Christ.

It's much like Paul's musings in the Epistle to Philippi, am i to be with Christ, which is better by far, or do i stay here with you, for our mutual benefit.

Furthermore, Christ released us from the chains of death, that cruel bondage, the biting cords of the FEAR of death. Once God the Holy Ghost ministered to me, that fear slipped from my clay jar, and i fear nothing but God, and know nothing, But Christ and Him Crucified, Resuurected, sitting at the Right Hand of Yahweh, readying Himself to come from the Clouds....back.

That is our Faith, which you and i rest in.

in Jesus' love, neil

2011/5/30 0:40
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Pray-ers needed for Joplin MO, victims

I really appreciate all of you that are praying for the victims in Joplin MO. and all of you that have at least read the posting.

Joplin has been a burden of mine since this tragic event had had happened.

And for those that feel that they shouldn't pray because there is just to much going on in the world, only join with me in prayer if the Lord places this burden on your heart. If he places more of a burden on your heart for Japan or any other area pray for them because that is where the Lord wants your focus.

We should all be praying for the harvest as instructed by Jesus to his disciple in Matthew 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but
the laborers are few;
9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth
laborers into his harvest.

I believe that when we pray this prayer daily that we will soon see revival in all area's of the world.

Also, I have been in prayer about getting together with some of the local churches in my area and using my pick up truck and trailer to help haul supplies to Joplin. When I go, I will probably spend a few days out there helping where I can and doing some street preaching or one on one soul winning.

2011/5/31 2:09Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy