Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christianity in Africa

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
StarofG0D

United States

Christianity in Africa

I have been thinking about Christianity in Africa lately. Can anyone point me to some perhaps "famous" Christians that are African NATIVE? I know many that have been missionaries in Africa. But very rarely do you hear of Africans that have done great things for God. I do know of Mbewe. I am mostly looking for women too, however, any is helpful.

Thanks for any input! Any websites would be helpful too.

2011/5/26 19:20Profile

Re: Christianity in Africa

I would try a search of sermonaudio.com. If that doesn't lead you to any good ones then i would try Heartcry Missionary Society. They MAY have some fieldworkers over there in Africa might know of some native ones. Even if they don't, they might know some names for you.

2011/5/26 22:28
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

There are many encouraging signs in Africa but also very sad things due to the North American Gospel that has come to them:

The Prosperity Gospel (documentary)
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=1821

But there is a great remnant of churches and believers in Africa that has withstood all the American false teachings that have come to them.

2011/5/26 22:33Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Thank you sister! Heartcry may be a good one.

In the search I have found some good ones from China!

Dora Yu and Shi Miyu both during the Boxer Rebellion times.

2011/5/26 22:33Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Thank you Greg. Very much appreciated.

Quote:
But there is a great remnant of churches and believers in Africa that has withstood all the American false teachings that have come to them.

This is what I am looking for! Thanks

2011/5/26 22:35Profile

Re:

Hey, there were maybe some famous African American Christians here in America. It is suggested that George Washington Carver (born in your homestate of Missouri) may have been a Christian. I don't know if that is true or not. I only read that he prayed, believed in God and was also taken in by Christians at one point, after being orphaned. He came out of slavery, him and his mother having been kidnapped by the KKK once. Not sure what he did for the Lord.

2011/5/26 22:53
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Thanks Cyan. I am not sure. Perhaps I will look him up. I was more or less focusing on Africa for now. That may be for another time! :P

There was an african american that wrote some hymns that I believe was also a freed slave. Quite interesting. I forget her name though.

2011/5/26 23:11Profile

Are you only looking for African missionaries in times past or modern ones?

2011/5/27 0:23

Star, i found a link at Heartcry Missionary Society for current native African missionaries. Here it is:

http://donors.heartcrymissionary.com/africa-mainmenu-26

Along the right hand side you will find a list of names and some have given their testimonies.

2011/5/27 2:27
PQ

Europe

http://www.pastorchrisonline.org/channel/watch/cha9e83/?videoID=vid17dff38

GOD is using this his servant to preach the Truth in Africa and around the world.

pq*

2011/5/27 7:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy