SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : N.J., have bowed to the demands of the ACLU

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

N.J., have bowed to the demands of the ACLU

School officials in Neptune Township, N.J., have bowed to the demands of the ACLU and will cover decades-old religious signs posted in the historic Great Auditorium to allow a 70-year tradition of high school graduations to continue.

Instead of the sign, "Holiness to the Lord," a banner will be posted over it saying, "Neptune Township School District ... A Community of Learners." In addition, a banner with the words "So Be Ye Holy" will be covered with another banner saying, “Neptune High School: A School of Excellence and No Excuses."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/26/new-jersey-high-school-aclu-compromise-grnew-jersey-school-aclu-compromise/#ixzz1NUJDC6BZ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And folks wonder where our God is. Hmmmm maybe He is going because we are denying Him the right to be God in our Country. Where some places around the globe are embracing Him and being tortured, heads cut off & put in prison before they would deny Him. God help our lukewarmness.

2011/5/26 15:47Profile

Re: N.J., have bowed to the demands of the ACLU

Yes, i read all about this on Fox News tonight. The way they wrote it up made it sound like Fox News supports the compromise made by the town and church. Shameful. The Methodist denomination has made compromise a habit on a lot of things, including their pulpits, so i guess i shouldn't be too surprised but still...shameful!!!

2011/5/27 5:50
EverestoSama

Re: N.J., have bowed to the demands of the ACLU

Quote:
Instead of the sign, "Holiness to the Lord," a banner will be posted over it saying, "Neptune Township School District ... A Community of Learners."

OK, so if I'm getting this correctly, it appears that they're swapping the name of one God for the name of another? Why not be at least a little consistent and change the name of the entire township, lest anyone is offended by the name of the Roman god Neptune. I think just calling it "Township" would at least be a little more fair and consistent, if that's what they're going for (which it obviously isn't).

Unfortunately the number one enemy of the Atheists and PC-ers alike seems to be consistency...

Besides sad, does anyone else find this humorously/asininely ironic?

2011/5/27 6:07Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Good to know their a school of learners...seems rather redundant.

2011/5/27 6:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy