SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Shipping Container

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

A Shipping Container

What do you think of when you see a shipping container made of metal? The other day I was going to the store and saw a large shipping container. Not so uncommon. But then think of that shipping container packed with over 200 people in temperatures in over 90 plus degrees or under 40 degrees. Think if you would of those people being in those containers for over 2 years and having no toilets or ventilation. Think if you would of crowding around a little hole to breath in what little fresh air you can. Think about begging for the privilage of taking out the bucket of human waste just to get a breath of fresh air. Think about extended separation from loved ones. Think about the constant temptation of release from the foul conditions of you would but renounce your faith in Christ. The next time you see a shipping container think about 3000 of our brothers and sisters imprisoned and tortured in Eritrea.

2011/5/24 10:25
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: A Shipping Container

What exactly is your point?

Thanks.

2011/5/24 10:29Profile

Re:

My point is to call attention to the persecuted church in Eritrea. When you saw the post I was trying to edit it. The edited post should be more clear.

2011/5/24 10:51

Re:

Thank you Brother Blaine for carrying this burden for the 'people' of Eritrea and sharing their horrors with us, so that we can care and pray. GOD help them and raise up a voice in Government to do something about this atrocity.
LORD raise up many voices to cry out against this.
Why isn't our government stepping in? Don't they know about this?
What will it take to make them know?
GOD have mercy!

2011/5/24 13:05
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Why isn't our government stepping in? Don't they know about this?

Ok, I am running the risk of opening the proverbial can of worms so here goes: I do not see that is is something our gov should get involved in. By the time they get around to doing something, the probability is that these people could all be dead!

Does God not see this? Methinks it would be a lot better to trust Him for a resolution to this problem then the USA military.

Since political issues are discouraged on this forum I will leave it at that..

2011/5/24 14:03Profile

Re: Jesus is God.

Dear sister I hear your heart cry for the persecuted. As far as I know the government is aware of the persecution of believers in Eritrea. We have an embassy in Asmara the Eritrean capital. I have been told that the U S has very little influence over the Erotrean govt. Sanctions do very little to bring them in line. Add to that our state dept has a different agenda. Let's just say that the persecuted church is not on the Obama radar. The best thing we can do is raise our cry and prayers for the Eritreans. Let your church know. Write your congressmen and let them know abput Eritrea. Voice of the Martyrs and Open Doors also have ways to raise concern.for the persecuted particularly the Eritrean Christians.

2011/5/24 14:07

Re: Ginnyrise

My sister you are right on that we must trust in God for a solution. There are some things we may do to call attention to Eritrea. But ultimately prayer is our greatest weapon as ultimately this is a spiritual battle we are in. Paul reminds us that our weapons are not of this wotld but divonely powerful. Prayer is powerful. Brother Andrew has said prayer is not preparation for the battle. But prayer is the battle.

2011/5/24 14:24
ManofGod0000

Re:

the persecuted church in under no ones radar but the enemies of God.

So many things we have to leave n trust to God

2011/5/24 15:13Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
But prayer is the battle.

Martyr, the older I get the more convinced I am of the reality of this truth. It is not people we are battling but the powers of darkness who uses people in his battle to destroy us. If the devil can keep us from praying he has won...but praise the LORD, we can always repent! and start over! :-)

2011/5/24 15:27Profile

Re: Ginnyrose

Amen my sister. I believe Edmond Burke said on order for evil to triumph is for a few good men and women to do nothing. If we stop praying be it for the persecuted or against any evil the devil wins. All it takes is one saint and preferably more to pray and move heaven to thwart.the evil one. Unfortunately we are distracted from that reality. May God awaken us to pray particularly for the saints in Eritrea. I know that I cannot look at another shipping container without praying for the believers in Eritrea.

2011/5/24 15:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy