SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Harold Camping says May 21, 2011 was ‘invisible judgment day,’ world will end October 21, 2011

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Harold Camping says May 21, 2011 was ‘invisible judgment day,’ world will end October 21, 2011

Judgment Day on May 21 did come, an unapologetic doomsday preacher Harold Camping said Monday.

"On May 21, this last weekend, this is where the spiritual aspect of it really comes through. God again brought judgment on the world. We didn’t see any difference but God brought Judgment Day to bear upon the whole world. The whole world is under Judgment Day and it will continue right up until Oct. 21, 2011 and by that time the whole world will be destroyed," he proclaimed.

May 21 was a spiritual coming, he insisted. ...

read more: http://bit.ly/k2930y

2011/5/24 8:29Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Harold Camping says May 21, 2011 was ‘invisible judgment day,’ world will end Oct

He says Judgment Day will continue until 21st October.

That's not a day it's 5 months.

He's too old to be such a fool.

God help him.

2011/5/24 8:48Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
That's not a day it's 5 months.

To the Harold, a day is like 5 months. I think you can find something like that in the Bible or somewhere.

2011/5/24 8:55Profile

Re: Harold Camping says May 21, 2011 was ‘invisible judgment day,’ world will end Oct

How does this guy escape the psych ward?

2011/5/24 9:55

Crazy like a fox; and rich.....with a lot of power.

"How does this guy escape the psych ward?" CyAn

I don't suppose it is technically insane to deceive people...you know; crazy like a fox?

The thing I think about that astounds me, are his followers that take these convoluted excuses and extravaganza's as the gospel. Who is really the crazier? The one who proclaims this dribble, or the one who believes it?

Add to that, In 1994 he proclaimed the same exact thing...and his followers stood publicly with open bible awaiting the great fly-away. Then this, and then his comeback yesterday......OCTOBER 2011 is the Rapture.

He's earned a 25 million dollar personal fortune, along with tens and tens of millions more in the network he runs. He holds absolute power, evidently, over tens and tens of thousands of souls.

Crazy? He loves power and money, and as they say; Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Sad that this happens, but the Lord allows these things to test those who really love him, and those who do not.

"He who saves his life SHALL lose it, and He who loses his life, for my sake, shall find it."....Jesus

2011/5/24 12:17

Re: Crazy like a fox; and rich.....with a lot of power.

Well, he has taken in millions of $$$ and has to say something to give his buyers their money's worth. Sadly, many of them that emptied out their bank accounts, will be taken in by his new "revelation", too.

I just wonder why he was not totally forthcoming at the outset? (Not really).

A777

2011/5/24 13:29
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Crazy like a fox; and rich.....with a lot of power.

Quote:
Sad that this happens, but the Lord allows these things to test those who really love him, and those who do not.

Tom, ya reckon the word 'expose' could replace the word 'test'? at least this is the way I understand it...

2011/5/24 13:36Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
(2 Thessalonians 2:1-5)

2011/5/24 17:01Profile

The test soon coming upon us all...sooner than we think, I fear.

"Sad that this happens, but the Lord allows these things to test those who really love him, and those who do not." Brothertom....

Ginnyrose replied;
"Tom, ya reckon the word 'expose' could replace the word 'test'? at least this is the way I understand it"........................................

The Word about the Harvest, which is the end of the Age, is surely about "Exposing". The Wheat look-alike Tares are exposed to be but poison weeds....not the holy fruit of God.

This separation, or exposing, is the thrust of the entire end-times, culminating in the Lord Jesus returning to claim His Wheat into the "Barn" [ Heaven ], and to cast the poison tares [ that were exposed] into the eternal fire.

INVOLVED in the separation, are decisions that we make, primarily about who we love, trust in, and Worship; Either our own lives and the devil, or God, and His Holy Christ; Jesus! This is a TEST, that involves Endurance, Faith, and Patience as we walk in ever increasing attack and temptations to lay our faith aside, and SAVE our lives.

Revelation 3:9-11 (New King James Version)

9 Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.

10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world,

TO TEST THOSE WHO DWELL UPON THE EARTH...!!

11 Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown!"

Many, as Judas, King Saul, Esau, Diotrophese....and much more...will fail to deny themselves; die to themselves and their various selfish ambitions and lusts, and exalt themselves to save their lives instead of honoring Christ Jesus, and His blood at Calvary. Their crown was stolen, or given away.

This is really what the great Tribulation is all about...It is the test as to how much you trust and worship King Jesus, to what degree, and believe in His Promises and Holy Word.

Multitudes will sign the contract of their love of Jesus alone as their Lord with their own blood...martyrdom. This will be their final test. Others will bow the knee to a lessor god, saving their lives only to lose them forever and ever.

This test is the most serious ever to come upon mankind, and it is written,

Revelation 13:6-8 (New King James Version)
6. Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.

7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.

8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

This test will be who will you worship?,.. and how much do you really believe Jesus is Lord, and the loving Savior He says He is? Are you willing to trust Him for an immediate resurrection?..as the blade removes your head from your body?...or see your children suffer, or hunger and thirst, as the Hebrews 11 saints did?...or the reformation martyrs?

"Others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection.

36 Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment.

37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented—

38 of whom the world was not worthy.

They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth.

39 And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise,

40 God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.

They were tested, as we shall be. The sign of the end-times is not revival, but a barrage of Deception.....just like our friend Camping here...

2011/5/24 18:49
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re: The test soon coming upon us all...sooner than we think, I fear.

As long as this man can keep reissuing dates, the only thing he will have to do is outlive his followers.

2011/5/24 19:56Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy