· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

1Jo 3:8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

From the beginning, the devil has worked to corrupt God's creation. Paul says this of one he met along his way as he preached the gospel...

Act 13:10 and said, "O full of all deceit and all fraud, [you] son of the devil, [you] enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?

What is the work of the devil?

Jer 15:16 Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts.

2011/5/24 6:55Profile
rookie

Re: For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works o

As I begin this thread...here is another thought to meditate on...

1Jo 3:8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

John writes..."For this purpose the Son of God was manifested,"

The revelation of the Son of God destroys the works of the devil.

How have we come to understand this precept in our own lives?

Jer 15:16 Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts.

2011/5/24 12:18Profile

Re:

Hi rookie,

I am actually dealing with this in the PTL (Possess the Land).

The works of the Devil are to "kill, steal and destroy".

He is active today (roaring lion seeking to devour) and an enemy of the Church of Jesus Christ.

He is a liar and the father of lies. He deceives and tries to get us to fall into his many traps where he will use the world and the flesh (temptations). He tries to get us to adhere to his doctrines (believe a lie).

Rev 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

Peter writes to Christians, to be sober and vigilant because the enemy is seeking to devour them.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

It would be great I guess, if there was no battle and no fight that we needed to be engaged in, but that is not reality, is it?

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

We are called and commanded to OVERCOME. Overcome what? The World, the Flesh and the Devil.

Only through faith and walking with Jesus Christ, who is our Deliverer will we overcome. We DO have an enemy.

1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

All rule and all authority and power are not "put down" yet.

1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor ANGELS, nor PRINCIPALITIES, nor POWERS, nor things present, nor things to come,

Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Some quick things I thought of.

A777

2011/5/24 12:39

Re:

Dear Brother Jeff, Looking forward to more of your own thoughts on this topic.
In Christ.
Thank you

2011/5/24 12:58
rookie

Re:

Quote:
It would be great I guess, if there was no battle and no fight that we needed to be engaged in, but that is not reality, is it?

As I see it there are three parts to the battle. The first is the battle being waged by Satan for all the lost. The second part is the work to deceive those who have repented and are born of God. The third part is that once we understand Satan's ways we are enabled to fight for the lost souls and for our brothers and sisters.

John writes...

1Jo 2:12 I write to you, little children, Because your sins are forgiven you for His name's sake.

1Jo 2:14 I have written to you, fathers, Because you have known Him [who is] from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, And you have overcome the wicked one.

This is an example of those who grow in knoledge and understanding of the word of God.

Notice, the quality of the young man...

"I have written to you, young men, Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, And you have overcome the wicked one."

And we know this according to the Scriptures...

Hbr 5:13 For everyone who partakes [only] of milk [is] unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.

Hbr 5:14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, [that is], those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

The things I plan on covering may cause offense to those who have not by "reason of use" had "their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." Therefore I hope that the Scriptures that I post will be a sufficient commentary of themselves. I trust in the word of God only.

2011/5/24 15:03Profile

Re:

*The third part is that once we understand Satan's ways we are enabled to fight for the lost souls and for our brothers and sisters.*

Bless GOD! Looking forward to this.

2011/5/24 16:37
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Satans works are; take away all that is of God coming down from the Father of light, all that is good, is the deceivers work to destroy and bring into his work, which is against all that God is, especially the children of God in Christ Jesus.

John 8:42-45 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. ((((((Ye are of your father the devil,))))) and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Only Christ can set us free. John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Satan work is to deceive and take away by lying, the freedom God the Father has birthed in us by His Son.

In Christ, free indeed: Phillip

2011/5/24 17:03Profile

Re:

1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

So far, the folks here have been taught that Born-Again Christian Missionaries can have DEMON'S VOICES SPEAK THROUGH THEM and others suffer under "curses" of all types ..... so I am Really looking forward to hearing what Brother Jeff has to say.

Each man has had their chance to refute the Demon-talking-missionaries with curses theory, but they didn't say a word against it --- so I feel that it's only fair to give Brother Jeff a chance to share what he sees from GOD'S WORD first.
His last post was a good one. Praying he takes his time and delivers what The LORD wants him to share. Besides, he's been here since 2003 - he has some seniority. :)
GOD Bless!

eta: clarified: "voices"

2011/5/24 17:18
rookie

Re:

Quote:
Besides, he's been here since 2003 - he has some seniority. :)

I can only share, what and where I have been in Scripture. In terms of seniority I am almost 15 years old in the Lord. That is why my name is rookie. Please do not put your trust in me but only search the Scriptures.

The question before all of us is, do we choose to hear? I have experienced heavy burdens and struggles in my spirit when I have chosen not to believe the word of God. The only way to find relief is to believe. And often times I also am then blessed by submitting to the truth. That is when one comes to understand: that in one's flesh their is nothing to boast about. For it all comes from God through the Holy Spirit which impart Christ's life unto us.

This is going to be slow with many small points along the way. And I am sure and look forward in hope to see "iron sharpening iron" and see the fruit that is promised to those who by reason of use, have their senses sharpened, to discern what is evil and what is good.

Eph 4:13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

For the Scriptures warn...

Pro 1:22 "How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity? For scorners delight in their scorning, And fools hate knowledge.

Pro 1:23 Turn at my rebuke; Surely I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.

Eph 4:14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,

2011/5/24 18:40Profile
rookie

Re: For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works o

Quote:
For this purpose the Son of God was manifested...

Jesus said this of Himself...

Jhn 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

Jesus had just told the woman to "sin no more." He then reveals the only way in which man may fulfill this demand upon his life.

Jesus declares that man may live in two realms. The first realm is to walk in darkness. The second realm is to walk in the direction of light. If one chooses to follow the light one will not walk in darkness but instead discover the light of life.

2011/5/25 7:27Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy