SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bondage Breaker by neil T. Anderson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Bondage Breaker by neil T. Anderson

I think I have asked about him before, but I just recently started reading his book for a little more help in my issue with negative thoughts and demonic spirits. I have been very encouraged by what I have read so far and I am using a discerning spirit as I read it. Is their anyone here who has been blessed by his book or ministry? It deals a lot of who we are in Christ and being set free by the truths found in scripture.

2011/5/23 2:23Profile

Re: Bondage Breaker by neil T. Anderson

Yes it is a good book brother, and there are many great books on the subject of being delivered from demonic spirits. I have suffered from afflicting demonic spirits for the past 34 years. Another great book is The Handbook for Spiritual Warefare by Ed Murphy. Another book is Deliverance from Evil Spirits by Francis McNutt. And the classic War on the Saints by Jessie Penn-Lewis is also very good. Do a google search on Lake Hamilton Bible Camp in Hot Springs, AR. They have tons of material on deliverance, and that is their main focus.

As far as finding a good deliverance ministry, some are better than others. And some are very effective, but the secret to deliverance is staying delivered and not going back into the sin or attitude which was the open door to begin with.

I'll talk more about this with you if you like.

2011/5/26 18:15
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I think I have asked about him before, but I just recently started reading his book for a little more help in my issue with negative thoughts and demonic spirits. I have been very encouraged by what I have read so far and I am using a discerning spirit as I read it. Is their anyone here who has been blessed by his book or ministry? It deals a lot of who we are in Christ and being set free by the truths found in scripture.

The only danger from books like this is that you can start to look for denomic activity or see it behind everything. I found the book very useful as a young Christian, especially the Steps To Freedom chapter!

2011/5/26 18:23Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

How can a demonic spirit co-exist with the Spirit of Christ? It cannot.

How can a demonic spirit co-exist with the Holy Spirit which is in our soul? It cannot. The only way any demonic activity can exist is if we give it a mind outside of the mind of Christ. We must give the power to give any outside influence to anything that is not of Christ and The Holy Spirit.

We are being lied to if we believe that demonic possession can overpower the Spirit of Christ we are born again with.

Ro 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Ro 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

If we believe the lie, The Holy Spirit has been given a back seat to our soul/minds and what we believe is the deception of the demonic activity.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

So we have the Spirit of Christ in us, the Holy Spirit of God who raised up Jesus Christ from the dead in us. The soul, spirit and body are preserved unto perfection until the coming of Jesus Christ for His Body the Church, His Bride.

Where is the only place a lie can be believed? In the mind and that is the only place we can fall to demonic activity. No matter what outside influence may come. We are free and free indeed in Christ Jesus.

Satan cannot possess a born again believer. Because of the Spirit of Christ and the Holy Spirit that dwell in us.

1 Thessalonians 4:8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us His holy Spirit.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Believing a lie that demon activity can have influence over a bonifide child of God unless God allows it as with Job was, and believing a lie as Adam did.

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

WE are not in bondage; Acts 7:7 And the nation to whom they shall be in bondage will I judge, said God: and after that shall they come forth, and serve me in this place.

Satan and His nation, an all his angles have already been judged.

In Christ, by His power over me: Phillip

2011/5/26 20:12Profile

I am very familiar with this man's books and they do offer some good stuff but also some bad. They are mostly DEMON CENTERED. Satan-centered. Not Christ-centered.

While they do have some truth in them (just as the devil always weaves truth into his lies) I came to the conclusion that Anderson is a fraud, or at least a sensationalist. In one of his books he claims he was in the bathroom one morning and a demon came and bit him in the hand! Oh please! Anyone know of any Holy Ghost filled Believer in the New Testament, paving the way for Christianity in the world and really shaking things up who was ever physically attacked by a demon itself? As if Mr. Anderson is so all-important, even more important than the 12 apostles, that Hell would begin using direct physical assaults on Christians instead of using men to do the dirty work. If demons are biting him it could only be due to some direct occult involvement. I don't know if he is overtly lying about that encounter or just deluded. (If i recall correctly, he also said something was written in the bathroom mirror, but my memory is less certain on this). I did not receive any benefit from his books. Instead they kept me focused on the powers of darkness.

2011/5/26 21:10
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

From what i have read which I read with discernment of course, I have not found at all that he said any christian can be possesssed, but if we our not in the word and taking every thought captive to the obedience in Christ that we can give the enemy ground in our thoughts like if you begin to be fearful about a situation and you do not realize it is from the enemy that is trying to make you fear because the scripture says in timothy that the spirit of the Lord is not of fear, and say you start agreeing with your fear and the consequences that might happen your giving into the lie of the enemy, then you will begin to worry and become afraid and it will torture you instead of taking hold of the word of God and trusting the Lord's word. That is just a part of his teaching, I have noticed that many christians deny the spiritual realm, this man is not saying like some deliverance ministers that their is a demon in everything, but that some believers are not walking in victory for various reasons because they believed the lie from the enemy. Like Greg said the parts on who we are in Christ and also knowing the word so that when the lies come you can discern from God's word and the lie of the enemy or the voice of the spirit or the voice of the enemy. Look at Paul he was attacked by a messenger of satan that buffeted his flesh which was to keep him relying on Christ and humble, look at the corinthian church, yes they were falling into sin but the enemy was tempting them away to do these things to destroy the church. Now i can believe that I get fearful at times yah my flesh very well can, but when your getting attacks to continue to fear and disbelieve Christ and his word and faithfulness you better believe it satan does not want you to walk in victory and he knows a christian walking in victory can do much for the kingdom of God. One thing I do disagree with his book, but doesn't take away the good things from it is that is the assumption that everyone is saved that he counsels then teaches them the steps to freedom, but the good things is from it he teaches them self denial and denying yourself and surrendering to the Lord in repentance which is a good thing.

2011/5/27 14:19Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: bible4life

Quote:
That is just a part of his teaching, I have noticed that many christians deny the spiritual realm, this man is not saying like some deliverance ministers that their is a demon in everything, but that some believers are not walking in victory for various reasons because they believed the lie from the enemy.

Praise God brother! We each believe what we believe but your explanation is precisely why we should read for ourselves (along side the Bible) and form our own opinion before just accepting other people's well-meaning opinions.

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/5/27 17:16Profile
linda7

West Sussex, England

From one who has been afflicted, received many "deliverance" sessions from very well-meaning Christian leaders and "experts", I am well knowledgeable to tell you that after years of it, and in a pretty desperate state, the Lord one day spoke to me these words:

"They can't get past the Gate".

As a fairly new Christian I had to look that up in the Bible. I learned that of course the Gate was Jesus and I was safe. Then I learned that the soul can be afflicted but the Spirit not.

After this, my own progress and deliverance came about gradually, by being drawn into the Word, immersing myself in it, taking what it said and really believing it, even though I was not seeing evidence of deliverance at the time.

I was led into scriptures that built my faith tremendously, that told me that God meant me no harm. I was given songs of deliverance; I learned through very personal experience from Him that He loved me very much. I was sitting at His feet, learning of Him, and having the truth implanted into my very being so that it became part of me. Incredible faith became part of my life and fear left me.

I was told right from the beginning that because of my involvement in occult things over most of my adult life the spirits were loathe to give up, but that through this God was going to be drawing me close to Himself.

There was a lot of healing to be had in all this also. God knows our situation. Knowing what I now know,I would not go to any deliverance ministry or read any books on it. I would go to the One who is wanting to bring healing and who wants our heart.

I didn't know all this was going to come out in this writing, but I do hope that anyone who is afflicted will find their deliverance is in Him alone.

With much love to all of the Body of Christ who helped me through some very difficult years.

Linda

2011/5/27 17:40Profile

Re:

That is a great testimony of the Lord as Deliverer.

He alone is able.

The soul, indeed can be "afflicted" and in turn this will oppress your spirit. How could it not? The Lord desires us to be free.

Thank you for sharing,
A777

2011/5/27 17:50
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Great testimony , you our right the Lord is the only one who can deliver, I must focus on Him more then men.

2011/5/30 0:32Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy