SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Joplin , MO, takes a big hit by a tornado

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

1Jn 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. (AV)

Contrary to what new versions say and maybe this is where people are getting some of their theology on this topic, the whole world lieth in wickedness and NOT the following:

"whole world is under the control of the evil one."

"the whole world lies in the power of the evil one."

"the whole world lies under the control of the evil one."

"the whole world is under the control of the evil one."

Our God is still in control of ALL things that pertain to us and others in this world. These previous 4 statements from various Bibles are not correct.

We know from the book of Job and many other scriptures that God is in control of everything and it is He that allows or commands anything to take place.

What is our position? Certainly not to be like Job's "Comforters", but rather to provide help and love and grace and comfort. Leave everything else to God. We know there is a reason for everything, and God reserves the right to not share with us the reason for everything that He allows or commands.

But, He is in control, not Satan.

A777

2011/5/23 13:12

Re:

For anyone interested, here is a Wesley sermon on earthquakes

http://www.theamericanview.com/index.php?id=501

"So, if we provoke him to lay waste our earth, and turn it upside down, and overthrow us, as he overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah; shall we not have procured this unto ourselves? Had we no reason to expect any such calamity; no previous notice; no trembling of the earth before it clave; no shock before it opened its mouth? Did he set no examples of so terrible a judgment before our eyes? Had we never heard of the destruction of Jamaica, or Catania, or that of Lima, which happened but yesterday? If we perish at last, we perish without excuse; for what could have been done more to save us?"

OJ

2011/5/23 13:18
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Joplin , MO, takes a big hit by a tornado

When I heard the news that Barak Obama wanted Israel to restore their pre 1967 borders, I said to my wife that I would be surprised if there weren't any disaster happening in America immediately thereafter. The tornado hit within a day after Nehtanyahu's departure. My heart goes out for those affected.

God makes no exemption when anybody touches the apple of His eye, history proves it.

2011/5/23 14:28Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Joplin , MO, takes a big hit by a tornado

Joplin, MO. took a huge hit by multiple tornado's. Hundreds are homeless, almost a hundred dead so far...

Our county of Miller here in central Missouri, was on the edge of the hot zone. Yesterday afternoon my family and I were finishing our meal at Outback, when the Lord told me to go out to the car. When I walk out the Lord told me that there is destruction in this storm and to take authority over it and then go home.

I did just that. I said to that storm "In Jesus name, I take authority over you storm! In Jesus name, I command your destructive force to cease and dissipated. No you will not cause any damage to my property or family or county, in Jesus Holy name".

We had the dark clouds and the wind, lightning and thunder. No rain, until this morning.

God is an awesome God!

I am praying for those whom are homeless, lost loved ones and for the first responders. I am praying for the Churches in the area. It is devastating what the devil has done in Joplin Mo.

My daughter was home this weekend she lives in Branson just 45 minutes from Joplin.

2011/5/23 15:01Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Hubs of penticostalism

Yes it is part of it. Springfield is where the Assemblies of God head Quarters is. Branson is the entertainment area. that is where my daughter lives while she is attending Collage of the Ozarks. It is a Christian working collage and she is in nursing school. Kristen is planning on going into the mission field when she is through with school.

2011/5/23 15:08Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Just learned...

A school friend of my wifes just posted on face book that one of his family members whom just had triplets and were in St. Johns hospital, lost there home in this tornado.

I ask everyone that reads this post to pray for this family and everyone that has been directly affected by this tragic devastation.

I do not believe that God is directing this storm. I do believe that the god of this world "the devil", is the director of it.

2011/5/23 15:19Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re:

You need to read your Bible, brother, because you are wrong.

2011/5/23 15:20Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

John 10:10

Quote:
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Judge it by the fruit.

Recall that God would have spared Sodom for the sake of just a few righteous. There are a great many devoted followers of Jesus Christ in Joplin.

2011/5/23 16:35Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
God makes no exemption when anybody touches the apple of His eye, history proves it.

Brother those born of God and in fellowship with Him are the apple of His eye.

Why would we want to blame God for destroying a place and people for something Obama did. Why would God destroy people who love His Son Jesus over the decision Obama made concerning Israel?

I have a hard time believing some peoples understanding of God. Some people blame God for everything and do not even consider that his people in His Son are not appointed to wrath.

The bible says that it is the goodness of God that causes men to repent not the wrath of God.

Blessings to all!

2011/5/23 18:05Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I do not believe for one second that the natural disasters that have happened right on the heals of our leaders mistreatment of Israel is a coincidince. There is a very strong case to believe that these natural disasters are directly linked to the stance of the U.S in oppostion to Israel.

How has the United States' treatment of Israel brought about many of its latest natural disasters?
by David Regan

I believe many of the blessings of the United States have been due to the fact that we have been a safe haven for the Jews. We are one of the only nations in the world that has not launched pogroms against them or persecutions, and also because we have been Israel's best friend ever since the state was reestablished in 1948.

But, the Bible says that in the end times ALL the nations of the world will turn against Israel over the issue of Jerusalem. Sadly, in the early 90's, the United States joined the rest of the world in their opposition to Israel. We did so primarily to ensure our access to Arab oil.

The turning point came in 1991 when the Soviet Union collapsed and the Jews of Russia began flooding into Israel at the rate of 2,000 to 3,000 a day for one year. Can you imagine that number — 2,000 to 3,000 a day for one year? Israel was literally overwhelmed. The Israeli government went to the World Bank and said since they couldn't handle the influx they needed five billion dollars. The World Bank responded that they would not give them a dime unless the United States underwrote the loan. And so, they went to the first Bush administration and asked if the United States would underwrite the loan. President Bush replied in the affirmative, but that there would be one condition. Israel must go to the negotiating table and start trading land for peace.

The United States is the ones who forced Israel into the suicidal policy of trading land for peace. We have been their chief arm twister ever since, forcing them to divide the land that God gave them. In doing so, we have been courting God's wrath in a very special way.

Look at these sobering verses in Joel 3:1-2, "I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat the valley of judgment, and then I will enter into judgment with them on behalf of my people and my inheritance Israel whom they have scattered among the nations and have divided up my land." God says in the end times He is going to bring special judgment against any nation involved in dividing up His land. We are now one of those nations involved in dividing up the land.

Connecting the Dots

In 2004, a White House correspondent named Bill Koenig wrote a book entitled Eye to Eye: Facing the Consequences of Dividing Israel. The book has a very prophetic cover on it, showing President Bush looking over his right shoulder eye to eye with a menacing hurricane. In the eye of the hurricane is the symbol of Israel — the Star of David.

In his book, Koenig attempted to show the relationship between U.S. mistreatment of Israel and subsequent natural disasters, economic setbacks and political crisis. Let me just share a few of the natural disasters with you.

It all began on November 1, 1991, when we forced Israel to the Madrid Conference. We forced them to sit down at the table and start negotiating away their land to the Palestinians. That conference began on November 1, 1991, and on that exact day the Perfect Storm formed in the Atlantic. That perfect storm produced waves of over 100 feet and almost completely destroyed President Bush's home in Kennebunkport, Maine. In fact, on November the 1st USA Today had twin headlines. On one side it said," Madrid Conference Convenes," the other side said, "Perfect Storm Forms."

Consider what happened in the summer of 1992 when Yitzhak Rabin was elected the new prime minister of Israel. The moment he was elected in June, we put pressure on him and said he must come to Washington, sit down with the PLO's Arafat, and negotiate and give land to Arafat. He came and sat down with Arafat. Their meeting began on August 24, 1992, and on that very day Andrew Hurricane slammed into Miami. It was the greatest hurricane in the history of the United States up to that point.

Consider the Camp David Summit in July of 2000, when Bill Clinton brought Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Barak and Yasser Arafat together. Clinton began to put pressure on Barak to trade away the heartland of Israel and also to give Arafat one half of Jerusalem. The day that conference began, fires broke out in the Western United States. Fifty fires consumed 500,000 acres of land before the end of the month.

Also, consider the White House celebration of Ramadan. It's the strangest thing why George W. Bush started this. I have no idea. This was Bush's response to 9/11 to schedule the first ever White House celebration of Ramadan. Someone once said scheduling a celebration of Ramadan after 9/11 was the equivalent to FDR scheduling a celebration of Shintoism after the attack on Pearl Harbor. It makes no sense whatsoever. It just doesn't make any sense! At this meeting, which was held in November of 2002, President Bush made this incredible statement. He said, "We have come to honor Allah, the God of Abraham." The very next day, a swarm of 88 tornadoes hit the central United States.

Consider what came next — the incredible Road Map Plan. The Road Map was put together by the Quartet. You talk about an ungodly quartet: Russia, the United Nations, the European Union and the United States. The plan's purpose was to force Israel to give away its heartland. This was delivered by Daniel Kurtzer, the ambassador to Ariel Sharon, on May 4, 2003. The next day Colin Powell went to the Middle East to implement the plan. The first thing he did was to meet with the terrorist leader Hafez Assad who's now dead. As soon as the meeting was over, he called a press conference and announced he had promised President Assad that the Golan Heights would be promised in the Road Map. He said we would force Israel to give up the Golan Heights. That very day, the greatest tornado swarm in the history of the United States occurred — 412 tornados broke out. The previous high was only 177!

In summary, in those years between 1991 and 2004, during those thirteen years that the United States had turned against Israel, here's what's happened:

9 of the 10 largest insurance events in U.S. history
9 of the 10 greatest natural disasters as ranked by FEMA relief costs
5 of the costliest hurricanes in U.S. history
3 of the 4 largest tornado swarms in U.S. history.
All of these disasters were linked in one way or another to our attempts to press Israel into dividing its land or surrendering all or part of Jerusalem.

The world would laugh at this and the world would say it's coincidence. I don't believe in coincidence, I believe in "God incidences."

In the next segment of this "God, Judgment and the Weather" series, we'll look at how one political event in particular relating to Israel resulted in Hurricane Katrina.

2011/5/23 18:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy