SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Nearly half of Britons never heard of Auschwitz

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Nearly half of Britons never heard of Auschwitz

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

LONDON (AFP) - Nearly half of Britons have never heard of the Nazi concentration camp of Auschwitz in southern Poland, according to a BBC television poll that was conducted just ahead of the 60th anniversary of the camp's liberation.

Forty-five percent of the 4,000 people questioned for the survey by BBC Two said they had never heard of the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp, the television channel said Thursday.

The BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) is due to broadcast several documentaries on the "Final Solution", the Nazi's plan to obliterate European Jewry, including on Auschwitz, for the 60th anniversary of the concentration camp's liberation on January 27, 2005.

2004/12/3 9:40Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Nearly half of Britons never heard of Auschwitz

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/december/18181.jpg[/img]

[i]A pile of human bones and skulls are left at a Nazi concentration camp in Poland. A BBC television poll found that 45 percent of those questioned have never heard of the Auschwitz concentration camp in southern Poland.(AFP/File[/i]

What a sombering picture :-o

2004/12/3 9:42Profile

Bro Greg

google up and find one from Cambodia, I've seen similiar from there, as well as that awful picture from the church in Rwanda.

I hate the devil.

2004/12/3 10:30
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Nearly half of Britons never heard of Auschwitz

It's a generation thing. Folks under 30 will be far less aware. They don't know the dates of many basic historical events. There is almost constant cable coverage of the nazi era so it obviously just doesn't interest them. They may not have heard of Auschwitz but most will have seen Schindler's List.

2004/12/3 10:38Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy