Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Hundreds Slaughtered in Nigeria

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
StarofG0D

United States

Hundreds Slaughtered in Nigeria

ICC Note

“Nigerian government authorities were in such a hurry to hide the extent of the massacre that they organized mass burials of the victims almost immediately after the attacks. As a result, the exact death toll remains unknown.”

05/16/2011 Nigeria (ANS) –While many in Nigeria were still celebrating the victory of Christian presidential candidate Goodluck Jonathan, Christians in northern Nigeria were grieving over the mass graves that would be the final resting place of their loved ones.

International Christian Concern (ICC) is reporting that in the Muslim north, Muslim mobs reacted to the news of Goodluck’s election on April 18th by launching massive simultaneous attacks against Christians in almost every northern state.

The mobs massacred hundreds of Christians, torched more than 300 churches, and destroyed countless Christian homes.

“Nigerian government authorities were in such a hurry to hide the extent of the massacre that they organized mass burials of the victims almost immediately after the attacks. As a result, the exact death toll remains unknown,” a spokesperson for ICC told the ASSIST News Service (www.assistnews.net).

ICC went on to say that in Kaduna state, where Christians suffered the greatest losses, their sources estimate that at least 300 people were slaughtered in the towns of Zonkwa and Kafanchan, alone.

Today, close to a thousand families are displaced and living in camps set up by the government. More than 200 families lost their homes, and hundreds more have fled their homes in fear of continued attacks.

http://www.persecution.org/2011/05/18/hundreds-slaughtered-in-nigeria/

2011/5/22 7:32Profile
docs

Re: Where is the media?

Like in where is the media? I haven't heard a peep regarding this from the major networks.

2011/5/22 22:00Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Where is the media?

Quote:
The mobs massacred hundreds of Christians, torched more than 300 churches, and destroyed countless Christian homes.

This is terrible, we must pray.

2011/5/22 22:59Profile

Re: Hundreds Slaughtered in Nigeria

Thank you for posting this Sister Star.

Have been wondering and praying for our fellow member ChildofGrace since this post ...

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38554&forum=48&12

It is very serious there and I thank you again for bringing this back up.

GOD Bless you.

2011/5/23 23:01
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
Have been wondering and praying for our fellow member ChildofGrace since this post ...

Oh my, Thanks for letting me know. I will be too.

2011/5/23 23:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy