SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Weary in well doing, and striving to get a hunger and thirst after the Lord

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Weary in well doing, and striving to get a hunger and thirst after the Lord

Matthew 5:6 KJV
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled

Psalm 24:4 KJV
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

Matthew 5:8 KJV
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God

With the advent of disaster after disaster and a spiraling christian community with Heresy after Heresy arriving in different forms. With so many countries going through persecution from China to the UNited States and other countries.

It almost seems an overload of perversity, disasters, persecution and things predicted in scripture.
I sometimes feel overloaded almost as if praying for one disaster and then trying to stay pure in this world with the flood of filth that spews at us daily from all sides including the church, then the advent of my own sin which is almost a disaster as Japan or say an earthquake!

Hit by disaster gives you apathy towards disasters and towards prayer, I mean how do you pray when there are so many people in need and what is on Gods heart. What is the chance that the disaster is coming to a town or city near you. With each disaster it has been almost weakening my prayer life or shattered visions or desires. As seeing souls saved from the pit of Hell or even small things such as filling application forms for jobs become a grossly hard task with the advent of mega-disasters plaguing are daily lives.

I have been looking at my own life and been wishing to spend more time with the Lord as Leonard Ravenhill to love the God of the bible more!
Smashed dreams end up stifling the prayer life and needing to know God love in this world which is falling apart and having to hope in the world here after.
Seemly strawn betweeen two world of setting up a family and job as to honour the scriptures in that way yet and saving souls or god saving souls. Smashed job hopes and relationships.

As one in which was called out of the prayer room to evangelise on the street not imagining an eternal holocaust without water or food and in constant torment for my friends or family or the person walking along the street

In reading people like John Owen and J C Ryle and other mighty men of prayer which makes my prayer life seem small wanting so much for my prayer life. Feeling so hit by the worlds disaster want to spend time with the lord feel so cold. It always shocks me to read people who prayed all night for every day of there life and the mighty men of prayer and looking at my own life and it looks more like a mighty mess of a prayer life! or someone like James the Just or E M bounds who ground groves into the floor or praying hyde! I have always wondered what God can do with one whos life is a mighty mess. Can God save an icy cold prayer life?

In the last days is says that because iniquity shall abound that peoples love shall wax cold, am I waxing cold because of the megaplex of disasters in the world and the church and sin!

Matthew 24:12 KJV
And because iniquity shall abound , the love of many shall wax cold

Revelation 3:16 KJV
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth

2011/5/21 17:57Profile
HeartSong

Re: Weary in well doing, and striving to get a hunger and thirst after the Lord

Brother, I too am feeling the pressure and the apparent contradiction. We must pray for one another - we surly must.

2011/5/21 18:11Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Dom, dear brother, I remember being in Greenock together in prayer meeting when God was pouring our His Spirit upon us. God has not changed. He is still on the throne. You wrote, "As one in which was called out of the prayer room to evangelise on the street not imagining an eternal holocaust without water or food and in constant torment for my friends or family or the person walking along the street." (end of quote) God's expectation of us is that we are faithful with the talent we have. We are not called to take upon our shoulders God's grief, we are too small for that. We are called to be faithful with what He has given us. Everything is a means to that end.

I find it amazing to read about a God who said, "I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed." (Matt 25) The unfaithful steward buried his talent. Perhaps he got overwhelmed or out-of-balance in his life. What the old timers call, 'going to seed' on a thing. Christ calls us close to Him for fellowship that He might send us out to share His life. He brings us in for loving communion and in the process gives us the oil we need to be that one talent solid gold lamp (if you will) that shines in this darkened world. We have to constantly remind ourselves that it is not our job to get weighed down by circumstances. I cannot change one single solitary person, much less the 6+ billion people in this world. But I can be faithful with the means of grace that He has placed in my hands.

I think this is the key. I hear your burden dear brother. There are lost and dying people all over the place. We must find our place and get into it. We have to keep our wits about us. Our time in prayer and study prepares us to go out and give life. That is the point. You ask, "can God save an icy cold prayer life." I answer, no. God puts our temperature in our hands. Why? Because God is always reaching out to us. It's our move on any given day. To the lukewarm He says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." The fire falls when the altar is full dear brother. We need the Fire of God and it comes when we shake off the besetting sins and weights (whatsoever they may be) and give ourselves afresh to God- with a view to getting back out and being faithful with our talent(s). Your in my prayers.

2011/5/21 18:51Profile
HeartSong

Re:

God bless you RobertW.

2011/5/21 19:13Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Thanyou for your wisdom RObert and Heartsong!

2011/5/21 20:01Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

No problem friends. God is still on the throne.

2011/5/21 20:13Profile
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Perhaps you are letting the world get to you, brother. I suggest a "fasting" from the media which can play havoc with our emotions if we let it. It can also distort the truth as not everything is reported acurately.

Return to the Lord with simplicity, like a little child. It sounds to me like you are trying to live your Christian life in your own strength and it is wearing you out. Why not put away all the other books for a while and forget about performance. Study a topic in the Bible, like finding our Sabbath rest in Jesus. Be blessed.

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

2011/5/21 21:45Profile
Firetime

Re:

Christ in you, the HOPE of GLORY
The Lord quickened this verse to my spirit yesterday during a time of worship with a group of intercessors in East Anglia.
Its not you that seeks the presence, the Glory, of God, its Christ in you that does it. This is true humility and it glorifies God
Shalom, Jonathan

2011/5/27 12:02Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy