SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : MARK 11: 24 On Prayer (anyone know?)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: MARK 11: 24 On Prayer (anyone know?)

Try Zac Poonen.

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/verse_by_verse.php?book=vbv_mark

I haven't listened to this particular one but he gives detailed messages in his other "Verse by Verse" studies.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/5/23 21:21Profile
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Amen brother. May the LORD reward you exceedingly in heaven for using you in saying "Faith OF", the Lord revived me today with that statement. As I have no faith of my own, but the faith of Christ in me. I cannot love without Christ in me, for Christ is love. I cannot believe without Christ in me, for Christ is my faith/believe. It's all of grace, who is Christ Jesus Himself. I cannot do the will of the Father, without Christ in me, as Christ is known in the Gospels to know nothing except do the will of the Father. "I am crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith OF the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." Christ IS, Christ IS, He IS, He IS, oh brother no wonder God calls Himself "I AM" (Exodus 3:14) I pray that if the Lord wills, I'm going to write pages of commentary just on that one verse Gal. 2:20. That verse has so much foundations of the Christian faith, IT'S AMAZING!!!

- Michael Liao

2011/5/23 21:23Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Michael my heart jumped within me when I read your post.
Like John jumped in his mothers womb when Mary with Jesus in her womb came close. Jesus is our all in all and it is so sad that the most of the Body of Christ don't see this Truth. Christ in you the hope of Glory, what a statement by Paul from the direct teaching of Jesus Himself, and the Holy Spirit giving Pauls mind the Great Grace that is come, Jesus in a person, God Himself living in His children. Keep preaching my brother.

Christ in you and Christ in me, making us the glorious promise from before the foundation of the world. Ephesians 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

Brothers and sisters in Christ by our Father taught us by the Holy Spirit.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/5/24 1:10Profile

Re:

Sonsigns,

Yes, i know the "mountain" is symbolic for "difficulties". However, I also believe it can be taken literally; some things are both symbolic AND literal and i think this is one of them.

As for the request being dependent on "the will of God", of course. But then, how can we ever know what is God's will in any matter? And if not, then how can we have the faith "that we already have what we have asked for" (as the verse states)?? It's impossible.

2011/5/24 10:07

Thankyou everyone for your impute. I have received a lot of sermon suggestions (some were emailed to me) and feel a bit overwhelmed with trying to get to them all. Unfortunately, none of them are from preachers or speakers i have ever heard of or am familiar with. I will try to listen to some of them when i am able though...

2011/5/24 10:10
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Quote:
As for the request being dependent on "the will of God", of course. But then, how can we ever know what is God's will in any matter?

Well to know God's will, you need to continually offer yourself as a living sacrifice to God (Romans 12:1) day by day:

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." -Romans 12:1-2

You see within the context of Romans 12, if you can live out verse 1, you can live out everything else within Romans 12 by the grace of God. Once you surrender yourself to the LORD, you will know His will (Romans 12:2) and you'll be able to pray according to His will and to LIVE OUT His will, as it will be no longer you who live but Christ who lives in you (Gal. 2:20), and Christ knows nothing except the will of the Father. So offer yourself up as a living sacrifice and the Spirit will lead you greatly, as the Spirit applies the work of Christ in you. That has been my experience when by the grace of God, I offered myself as a living sacrifice to Him and Him alone.

I will tell you however, this did earn me a lot of persecution for the past few weeks as the Spirit separates me from this world, in order that I be separated UNTO God. It has been pretty painful and traumatizing for me. So you will know the will of God and be able to live and pray according to His will, but I tell you dear friend it comes with a cost. "It Will Cost You Everything", as Steve Lawson puts it.

In Christ,

- Michael Liao

2011/5/24 20:09Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The living sacrifice is the sacrificed, resurrected Christ living in us. This is the only way we can live a merciful life in Him. Now by the Christ in me, I can live by the faith of the Son of God that lives in me and gave Himself of us.

Amen Michael, In Christ: Phillip

2011/5/27 17:25Profile

Re: John 15:7

Jesus did say if you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given you. But then is he not the living word living in us? Kind of blows your mind but also expands your heart.

2011/5/30 21:19
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

And all the above plus. Wonderful

2011/5/31 20:27Profile
Enochh

Indianapolis

David Platt has an excellent video sermon on prayer that answers a lot of these issues. Don't know if its on SI. But I watched it on Youtube SI channel...either titled Desire Him or Desire God. Very Good teaching on prayer

2011/5/31 20:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy