SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A Consideration to Some Popular “End Times ” Teachings.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

A Consideration to Some Popular “End Times ” Teachings.

A Consideration to Some Popular “End Times ” Teachings.
Due to the high rate of so much end time teachings which in my view is more of a distraction, and more of a temptation to be careless and negligence of the present need to submit to the authority of Christ to manifest HIS nature and judge and destroy all that is not of HIM within, I felt a burden to speak a little according to the measure of Light I have received that all of us might see the urgency of the present hour.
Let us not allow the enemy to deceive us that tomorrow is more dangerous than today, so that we will become careless in a false liberty without daily submitting to the spirit of holiness to separate from every work of darkness HE reveals in us, today and now. I belief the enemy Cheats us badly when we refuse to face the challenges of today through the might working of Christ in us, hoping to settle all our wrong during some dangerous days ahead. May be what is needed in most of these end time teachings is a balance and without the teachings of the Holy Spirit we will always go to the extreme. Christ plainly told us in the scripture “sufficient for the day is the evil thereof”.
In the lifestyle of many professing Christians the need to heed and daily submit to the spirit of holiness is not taken seriously. Should they be convince that the “tribulation”
They fear so much will happen the next few minutes; they will hurry to repent and amend every wrong thing they know. Is this not a plain willful rebellion, against the spirit of holiness? Why not now? Even the reality of the possibilities of losing there lives is not real to them? So they fear a tribulation to come than the present one they are called to face ,which is the only foundation of there eternal salvation if they keep submitting to the spirit of Christ within, to the end (Matthew 24v13)

Though Christ plainly admonish us in the scripture not to fear the one that can only kill the body but the one that can destroy both soul and body in hell yet the reaction and the attitude of many professing Christian see it the opposite. We fear a wild “anti-Christ” to come, who will destroy the body of all that oppose him more than the present anti-Christ within who will destroy the soul of all that obey HIM within as they walk in the flesh, producing fruits of self. Even if the taught of a future anti-Christ to come is true our greatest enemy is the present antichrist within who can take us to hell any second before the future anti-Christ we so much fear appear. Now who should we fear more, the present or the futuristic ?
THE SEVEN YEAR’S -TRIBULATION.
The seven years of the tribulation might not be a literal seven years period. Seven symbolically is a number of perfection and completion. I belief It happens individually and also every Church age or generation has it own seven years of tribulation it faces corporately depending on the challenges and the strategy or the weapons the enemy use to fight against the church. Sometimes it varies by geographical location even though in the same generation. For example what the enemy will use against the corporate church in America, might not be the same he will use on the corporate church in china. The individual “seven years tribulation” still varies from person to person.
True we should expect a greater attack from the enemy in the days ahead against the Church of our generation yet when we submit to go through our individual “seven years of tribulations” through submitting to the spirit of Christ in us, we are sure to be eternally secure for ever. He uses different method against the church in different generation, yet if we allow Christ to walk within us individually, we will not be carried away with all the means, the enemy uses to fight against the corporate body. I do not know which generation will face the climax of the ultimate and final “seven years of tribulation” for the end to come yet we will always be safe in Christ because there is nothing the enemy can do against us when we submit without reservation for Christ to walk in us; this is the only hope for world wide transformation. The worst thing God might allow him to do to us can be a loss of earthly possession or the destruction of our body, never the soul.

“And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.” (Revelation 7v 13-17).
In the scripture above John saw the full picture of the inheritance we gain in Christ as we go through our individual tribulations. No one can be a disciple of Christ, who is not willing to forsake all, and go though his/her individual tribulations. By a disciple of Christ we mean hearing from Christ teachings, and receiving HIS guidance through the spirit of holiness. A disciple of Christ is known by the fruits, which is the nature of Christ within. When we stop carrying our cross or refusing to go through the tribulation the LORD permits us to go through we will cease producing the fruits of a disciple. It is clearly stated in the scripture, that we must through great tribulations enter the Kingdom.
“And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and [to] Iconium, and Antioch, Confirming the souls of the disciples, [and] exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. (Act14v21-22). ”. The kingdom is within, and we are called to enter to it now, on this earth by a total daily submission to the spirit of Christ in us without reservation; an end of self.
Remember Christ told us HE is the bread of Life and he that cometh to HIM shall never hunger or thirst, in HIM is a river of living waters (John6v35), this is when HE feeds us with the bread of divine life. And as we submit to HIM in all our tribulations, then can we learn how to serve HIM not only in the day of divine consolation, but also in the night of trials, storms or tribulations. Serving Him day and night, in HIS temple which is our body by yielding it as a living sacrifice to HIM. Read back revelation 6v 14-17 again and it will prove to all of us that, this not an event to come but something every Disciples of Christ of all ages experienced, as they go through their individual tribulations.

The Image, the Mark and the Number of the Beast.
“Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.The LORD [is] my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he [is] my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him. The LORD [is] a man of war: the LORD [is] his name. Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea. The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone.Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy. And in the greatness of thine excellency thou hast overthrown them that rose up against thee: thou sentest forth thy wrath, [which] consumed them as stubble. And with the blast of thy nostrils the waters were gathered together, the floods stood upright as an heap, [and] the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea. The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters. Who [is] like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who [is] like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful [in] praises, doing wonders?Thou stretchedst out thy right hand, the earth swallowed them. Thou in thy mercy hast led forth the people [which] thou hast redeemed: thou hast guided [them] in thy strength unto thy holy habitation. The people shall hear, [and] be afraid: sorrow shall take hold on the inhabitants of Palestina. Then the dukes of Edom shall be amazed; the mighty men of Moab, trembling shall take hold upon them; all the inhabitants of Canaan shall melt away. Fear and dread shall fall upon them; by the greatness of thine arm they shall be [as] still as a stone; till thy people pass over, O LORD, till the people pass over, [which] thou hast purchased.Thou shalt bring them in, and plant them in the mountain of thine inheritance, [in] the place, O LORD, [which] thou hast made for thee to dwell in, [in] the Sanctuary, O Lord, [which] thy hands have established. The LORD shall reign for ever and ever. For the horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and the LORD brought again the waters of the sea upon them; but the children of Israel went on dry [land] in the midst of the sea.” (Exodus 15v1-19)
“And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, [and] over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous [are] thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for [thou] only [art] holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest. And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened: And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles. And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.” (Revelation15v1-8).
Please read carefully the following scriptures above in Exodux15 and Revelation 15 it is possible that even without speaking much here we will all see through the help of the spirit how this scriptures are speaking about our growth into our full inheritance in Christ. We were all in Egypt under the bondage of pharaoh or the Beast. We were completely under the control of pharaoh or the beast without reservation; and so bore HIS image, mark and number. Remember three is also a number or completion.
It happened like in the case of the children of Israel the LORD sent Moses (a type of Christ) to liberate us from the power of Pharaoh or the beast. Pharaoh or the beast was resistance to free us yet through the might judgment of God HE subdue to free us and gave us the liberty to follow our God. We came to a period of great trials of temptations were all our hope of following the LORD was gone, and pharaoh followed us in the red sea, to take us back, but through the mighty intervention of the spirit of Christ which mortify the deeds of the body, the red sea became parted and we walked on it victoriously like a sea of glass (Revelation 15v2). This is the song of Moses a point were we obey the moral law of God through the power of the spirit; yet there is no full redemption until we sing the song of the lamb, who is not only the fulfillment of the moral law of Moses, but the one who came with a higher order ; The inward law. As we can see from Revelationv15v3 the overcomers sang both the song of Moses and that of the Lamb.
Now the image, mark and the number of the beast is an opposite of the outer court, the holy place and the holy of holies. We are first liberated from the number of the Beast which is a human number, which is the sins which all men can recognize as evil, like murder, adultery, stealing, lying, corruption etc. This is also a type of the literal Egypt, in our first day of exodus. Here we partake in the image of Christ in a measure, and becomes part of the house hold of faith, through the blood
Yet as we come to the red sea we see a higher challenges our unbelief and self becomes more reveal, we see a law which no human can keep, to path the sea is something we have never heard of. This is the road to the holy place and a deliverance from the mark of the beast, the Egypt within we never saw before. We have been fully delivered from the number of the beast but the mark and the image is still within. When the sea become parted then we become delivered from the mark of the beast, here through the spirit of Christ we saw fruits of inward purity. Yet like the Children of Israel only a tiny few make it to the Promised Land, the holy of holies, through a total deliverance from not only the number and the mark of the beast but also the image. And also like in the case of the beast we can partake in the image of Christ, HIS mark even as Paul told us he had, and HIS number. The number of Christ is the full manifestation of HIS nature, the full inheritance.
We will also try to make it clear hear that, unlike the children of Israel who were unable to return to Egypt literally but only in heart, we can return to Egypt or the world and manifest the plain number of the beast when we stop carrying our Cross.
In conclusion I will like to add that we are not denying the fact that God still judges sin and there could be more earthquakes, disasters, and many terrible things or maybe a physical manifestation of some of the things share here. Amen.

2011/5/17 16:12Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: A Consideration to Some Popular “End Times ” Teachings.

I do not follow exactly what you are trying to say. It almost reads like you are implying that the the church will have individual tribulations?

And in fact each christian is living in our own apocalypse? If so this is a false teaching, one the bible does not teach. The Apostles do not teach. This almost sounds mystical that might be found in a new age book.

I might be interpreting your post wrong, but after reading it twice and in thought about what you are saying...

It is my pray that you will further try to reiterate your posting for a better clairity.

2011/5/18 0:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy