SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Ok I'm open for your questions.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
dohzman

Ok I'm open for your questions.

My name is Daryl Miller. I'm a street preacher and an evangelist with The Church of God out of Cleveland Tenn., I'm based in Ohio. I have 4 children ages 9-17 (2 sons and 2 daughters) and my wife of 19 years. I've so enjoyed this site words are truely hard to come by. I enjoy the sermons and you folks here. I have a collection of Tozer and Spurgeon on cassetts and people like Judson Cornwall, David Duplesee(don't know if I spelled his name right---he was known as Mr. Penecost and talks in the first person about his friendship with people like Smith Wigglesworth) anyway, so you can see my love for the older preachers and thier messages. Thats what drew me here. I actually downloaded messages from here for along time before even looking at the various posts and registering. My time is very limited and free times runs in spurts , all you pastors will be able to understand this.When I'm not in other churches ministering , I stay submitted to a local assemby of believers. I minster in several different denominations beside my own.If you have any questions you'd like to ask, fire away and I'll do the best I can to answer them promptly.---- I really appreciate all I see here and trust that I'll be able to show it in a tangible way starting in January when my wife and I set our budget for the up coming year.God Bless and ask away.

2004/12/2 21:01Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Ok I'm open for your questions.

Quote:
David Duplesee(don't know if I spelled his name right---he was known as Mr. Penecost and talks in the first person about his friendship with people like Smith Wigglesworth)

Ahh I have read a few bios on Smith Wigglesworth and "David Duplesee" name showed up a few times. How many tapes of him do you have? I would love to get a copy of one or two to hear and possibly get up on the site?

I am so glad that you are being blessed by the site! How did you get involved with Street Preaching? Have your kids gotten to hear any of the sermons from SermonIndex?

2004/12/2 21:21Profile
dohzman

Re: tapes

I'll get you a list of tapes and of course you can have copies of all I have.I would be honored to give you these.I'll try to get the kist for you by mid Dec as I'm book this week and next then I'm off till January 3rd. They all have heard the sermons from this site but its the comps that seem to connect best. I guess because they're short and pointed. When I have some time to give you a brief testamony I'll share how I ended up preaching on the streets . So far I've preached in Pittsberg, Cleveland, Canton, Youngstown, New York. Planning on going to New York again this spring, Lord willing.

2004/12/2 22:46Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Just in case you want to look it up the name is David Duplessy. I met him many years ago.

2004/12/3 3:39Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Just in case you want to look it up the name is David Duplessy. I met him many years ago.

and....

hehe if you could share abit more information about this fellow that would be great Ron. I think to have a few of his messages on the site would be a good thing but I would like to know more about him first.

2004/12/3 8:55Profile
dougkristen

Re: Ok I'm open for your questions.

Dear Daryl,

Do you street preach with your children at your side? God has placed it on my heart to begin a street evangelism ministry with my entire family. We are a family of 8. 6 Children. I would love to hear more about your ministry.

Grace,
Doug

2004/12/3 10:04Profile
dohzman

Re: It is finished

I heard that from 2 sources. Then read it from some of the early writtings ---I think Eusebius' but its been along time sinece I've read it---5 yrs ago or so. I attended 2 seperate senimars ,One was sponsored by The Assemblies of God and was conducted by an ex-rabi-now completed Jewish/Christian ,I'll have to locate the ministry name for ya, the other was at Israel My Glory which is located in the States here in Pa. www.christianity.com this link will take you to thier home page. As to the rest of my comment about the egyptian and the blood of the lamb I was really saying it for the other brothers benefit because it seemed to me that he was attacking you and his comments , to me seemed like they were unnessary.So I took and extreme, way out in left field exagerration, to make a point in hopes that he would modify his verbal --net---writting---behaviour. Thats all. Anyway---I appreciate Ya. God Bless, Bro. Daryl

2004/12/6 0:12Profile
dohzman

Re: Children by my side?

My children know what I preach and have been with me and my wife when we passed out tracks and did daytime evangelistic work in the poor--or project areas in our local city. Most of my preaching is done at nite during and to the bar crowds and I haven't taken them with me to these. Since I speak in various churches as an evangelist they've had occassion to attend and hear me speak publically that way. My wife and I both fell that a strong local tie to our home church is pretty important and so, much of the time since I travel all over the U.S. she keeps a strong presence at home and in our local church.But that said, God 's plan for my family will be different than that of yours. So just be obedient and sensitive to His leading. I might note that a good study to incorperate into your thinking would be that of a shepard and what all he does on behalf of the sheep.I'll put together my testomony and post it in a couple of weeks. Its after midnite here and I just got home from Mich. and have to go back out for one last 3 day meeting Thursday. So that will give me a few weeks to catch up on alot of things and thats when I'll post more about what and where I go and what I do and how I do it. God bless ya Bro. Bro. Daryl

2004/12/6 0:27Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:David du Plessis: aka Mr Pentecost.

I gave you a duff lead on the spelling, but there are some notes David du Plessis notes which might be a good starting place. David Du Plessis originally came from the South African Apostolic Faith Church. He then moved to the USA where he served in different Pentecostal organizations until he was disfellowshipped because of his contacts with the World Council of Churches.

Traditional Pentecostals tended to be suspicious of du Plessis and Donald Gee (please see my comments there) because of their ecumenical aspirations. I don't know how modern pentecostals view them. (husley, robertw?)

Here is a comment or two by Hollenweger. (I once did a mini thesis on the development of the House Church movement in the UK that Hollenweger wanted me to publish, but I decided against!)

'The David du Plessis notes' above and the 'Hollenweger' article provide a painful but useful contrast. The Hollenweger article probably gives a more thorough feeling for the atmosphere of du Plessis work with the World Council of Churches.

2004/12/6 4:02Profile
mloaks

So. MD, USA

Re:

The bar crowd. Bless you; what a fertile field! I have to stay away from those places.
Go get them, volunteer. I am from Oak Ridge...

2004/12/6 15:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy