SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : joseph prince vs. the Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

joseph prince vs. the Bible

joseph prince vs. the Bible
Due to the growing popularity of Singaporean home-grown "pastor" Joseph Prince, I have decided to read his book Destined to Reign, which is proving very difficult to read (difficult as in I feel utterly disgusted by it and am feeling very much like puking because of its unbiblical contents). Anyway, here is a VERY interesting quote:

The bottom line is the Holy Spirit never convicts you of your sins (p. 134. Bold original)

Ugh! According to Prince, this is in the context of believers after they have became Christians, not the world. Here is what the Scriptures teach:

[To the Corinthian Christians who were celebrating sin] For even if I [Paul] made you grieve with my letter [1 Corinthians cf 1 Cor. 5:1-2], I did not regret it, for I see that that letter grieved you, though only for a while. As it is, I rejoice, not because you were grieved, but because you were grieved into repenting. For you felt a godly grief, so that you suffered no loss through us. (2 Cor. 7:8-9)

To this, we can add the case of Ananias and Sapphira (believers) who were literally "slain by the Spirit", not to mention the numerous examples in the Old Testament and the Psalms.

This is all for now. As it is, this statement has moved Prince to the arena of preaching not only a false "gospel", but a false "Holy Spirit" and therefore a false "God". Joseph Prince is therefore not a Christian, fulfilling 1 Jn. 2:19 and Jude 1:4 by his teaching.

Joseph Prince of New Creation Church in Singapore where he preaches easy-beliverism and grace without repentance from sin. He defines repentance as merely changing one's mind in believing. He identifies his position as one which many theologians would call easy-believerism. In other sermons not shown here, This particular sermon here starts off well until he starts saying that salvation is by belief alone without need for repentance from sins.

Contrary to what is preached, a person cannot assent to the gospel in faith if there is no accompanying repentance. Both justifying faith as well as repentance (not just changing one’s mind as Prince claims, but also includes turning away from sins and towards Christ) are gifts of God that are caused by the Spirit after they are regenerated by the grace of God. (Matt 7:21-23).

Grace is free, yet it is very costly, it is not cheap !!!!

this joseph prince guy make his own version "grace" ,

2011/5/16 22:18

Re: joseph prince vs. the Bible

This is sad to hear.

O J Smith makes a clear declaration of how a saint should view sin, and, the difference that is from when a sinner first comes to Christ.

The Spirit-filled Life

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=6612&commentView=itemComments

Blessings.

2011/5/17 9:53
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Joseph Prince's teaching wrecked havoc in my former church. Joseph Prince believes Jesus' words before the cross should not followed (i.e. Sermon on the Mount) because they are old covenant. It lead my former pastor to believe that parts of the bible need to be re-written.

Wisdom and discernment is needed in reading books written in our generation as there is multitudes of false doctrine being promoted in many of them.

2011/5/17 11:25Profile
melvinchow

No offense, but before we make any conclusion, just want us to be certain that we understand what kind of statements we as Christians are passing (:

http://www.blogpastor.net/2009/11/eating-the-flesh-of-joseph-prince/
I believe this website could bring new insights to the past comments you said.

2011/9/5 4:37Profile

Re: Some scriptures might help

Acts 20:21
I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they MUST TURN to God in REPENTENCE and have FAITH in our Lord Jesus

Acts 26:20
First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached they should REPENT and TURN TO GOD and PROVE THEIR REPENTENCE by THEIR DEEDS.

Seems like the Apostle Paul was pretty clear on this issue.

Blaine

2011/9/5 8:30
PaulFaculin

Quezon City, Philippines

Re:

Yeah that guy have also done great damaged even in many believers here in Manila. I've heard him once on a Christian bookstore here, and boy, his style of preaching is very fiery and deceiving. But you could easily discern his antinominianism and marcionism. Many believers now had been left confused that they should no longer confess their sins, if ever they sinned. I thought; how could you overcome those sins if you're not broken because of it?

2011/9/5 10:53Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Like Gamaliel said in Acts 5.35-39:
And now I say to you, keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing; "BUT IF IT IS OF GOD, you cannot overthrow it — LEST YOU EVEN BE FOUND TO FIGHT AGAINST GOD."

Why do we not trust God concerning these preachers? Why are we so deceived to believe that our human efforts toward them are better than God's ways? Let's worry about our own lives and how people perceive us in representing the Lord of lords!

Let us be an oasis when those who follow the wrong ones finally see the light.

God help us all,
Sister Lisa

2011/9/5 11:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

"Like Gamaliel said in Acts 5.35-39:
And now I say to you, keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing; "BUT IF IT IS OF GOD, you cannot overthrow it — LEST YOU EVEN BE FOUND TO FIGHT AGAINST GOD.""

This quote has been used a lot in evaluating church groups, revival movements, etc. It has an element of truth in it but it does not contain all the truth. If acted on by itself, one would assume that any group that flourishes will of necessity be of God. Jehovah Witnesses, Mormans, Christian Science, to name a few, could then be viewed as God ordained because of their longevity.

Gamaliel was not a Christian but a respected Jewish leader and scholar. Given the context in which he spoke it was excellent advice.

The apostles wrote much in warning the Believers of grievous wolves coming in to destroy the flock and in some instances naming some of them.

We all hate to see so many well-known names promoting false doctrine. They have charisma and passion and somehow seem so right - in so many areas. But in orthodoxy fall so far short and that is where one needs be exercise extreme caution.

As for me, I limit my exposure to famous Christian celebs. For the most past I am not familiar with many of them until I see their names mentioned here on SI! Whether they are of God or not does not impact me - I have enough devils to fight without looking for anymore!

Have a Blessed day!

BTW - the Lord is bringing us LOTS of rain - had over 6 inches so far. We were in a bad drought...brown tree leaves were falling, lawns were brown. If you ask anyone about the rain, they will tell you, "Praise the LORD!"

2011/9/5 13:30Profile
Leeza

I don't know anything of this particular preacher, but I do think it is important to test the spirits, examine the teaching to see if it is in harmony with scripture. We should share our humble evaluation and warning for the sake of young believers. Proclaim the truth.

2011/9/5 17:13Profile
Fisher61

Dear Friends,
It is really a shame that you all are saying such bad things about Pastor Prince. I was raised so legalistically and have struggled terribly in my walk with the Lord because of it. It has only been because of the grace teaching of brother Prince that I have been able to find freedom from addiction and have overcome those wrong teachings of my youth. Brother Prince is spot on and I am thankful for his ministry. May God continue to bless him and may God bless you all too.

2011/9/13 19:05Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy