SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Feminization of Christendom

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
savedtoserve

Re:

Quote:
Would like to see real women and real men of God, today. This feminist spirit is not what a true women of God should be, either. It has affected women, too. I have actually read some articles by women online, decrying the girly songs. ... I think there is a bigger impact when women are actually lamenting the superficiality of words today and the turning of Jesus into our "romantic lover". A777

Right, amen, A777.

There's the aspect of how you view God--it will come out in your attempt to worship Him.

So many people mistake emotionalism for worship.

But God Himself tells us how to worship, "O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness; fear before him..."

Nothing about sensualism or emotionalism is holy; neither is it an outpouring of a heart that fears before Him, that trembles before the Lord. You know, it's the very thing Christ saved us from...now He says to worship in SPIRIT and in TRUTH.

This is not to imply emotions should be ignored or that they are unimportant in our lives. I trust this is understood. But sappy, emotional, and touchy-feely songs only cover up and obscure the God Who is.

savedtoserve

2011/6/4 11:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy