SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Feminization of Christendom

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Ovadia

Re:

The fault is not with pastors it is in "The Failure of the Faith of our Fathers". Dad's don't teach their children like they did years ago. In that you can see our homes are not what they should be or once were...Guys it's not your fault or your dad's, but both. They may not have taught you leadership and if not than you should have learned leadership. Pastors are at fault to a degree, but please don't put the blame there...the Bible has not been taught from the pulpit by allot (not all) because the congregation does not what to hear the truth. So...read the Bible it is our instruction manual for all of life.
B. Basic
I. Instructions
B. Before
L. Leaving
E. Earth

Besides all that...it has been women that have keep the doors open in the church since nearly the first century.

Another note...Love is the greatest command taught by Jesus.

2011/5/13 17:41Profile

Re:

Ovadia, there is usually a little more to a marriage than someone writing one paragraph in a forum.

Husband and wife must be in agreement and walking together in the Lord. If they put up a united front, then the children cannot use one against the other. What we have here is unequally yoked man and wife. Husband and wife mutually submit to one another in love. But if they are not in agreement how can they walk together in the Lord and lead the children?

Husbands don't order wives around like drill sergeants, either. Wives are heirs of life together with husbands and are sisters in the Lord, too.

A777

2011/5/13 18:11

Re: The Feminization of Christianity

Even as a woman I hate how feminized the churches have become, and how passive the male membership. It's not just men who desire masculinity back in the church it is also the women. One cannot even find a real man to marry anymore.

2011/5/13 19:30
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
One cannot even find a real man to marry anymore.

They're out there, but they're just as uncommon as real women. It's a double edged sword. Unfortunately in my life I've met more of the former than the latter...

2011/5/13 19:47Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
....where does submission come in.

Submission is her job. Loving her unconditionally no matter how much she submits or doesn't submit is yours. You do what Christ commanded you to do as a husband, and let Him sort her out for what she has to be doing. We were given a command without an exception, there's no disclaimer after "love her like Christ loves the church".

Colossians 3:19

Husbands, love your wives AND DO NOT BE EMBITTERED AGAINST THEM.

Quote:
Christ never obligated himself to love any one who didn't submitt to his headship (LORD)

You won't find that in the Bible, so I'm not sure where you're getting it from.

Mark 10:20-22

And he said to Him, "Teacher, I have kept all these things from my youth up." Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." But at these words he was saddened, and he went away grieving, for he was one who owned much property.

You think it's possible that Jesus didn't know that the young man wouldn't submit to His Lordship before He felt a love for him?

2011/5/13 19:56Profile
Enochh

Indianapolis

Re:

I'm not gonna split hairs with ya EverestoSama, obviously Jesus knew his heart, (church lore has it that this was Barnabas) but my Bible says is Psalm 5:5 God hates all who do iniquity. I think that not submitting to His Lordship would fall in that catagorey. ....so i guess you can retrack this statement "You won't find that in the Bible, so I'm not sure where you're getting it from"

2011/5/13 20:39Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Nice dodge. In that respect then, God hated you too until you found Christ, yet it says in Romans 5:8 that He showed His LOVE for us that while we were YET sinners, Christ died for us. You can sit in your apartment and feel as right and as justified as you want, but the fact is you still have an unconditional command from Christ concerning your wife that you're not holding up your end of. You're not splitting hairs with me, you're splitting hairs with the Word of God.

You were quick to point out Sarah calling Abraham my lord, but you should pay even closer attention to the verse after it.

1 Peter 3:7

You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.

Are God's covenants based on our faithfulness, or on His? Be like Christ dude. If this is a conversation about the masculine aspects of Christianity, then don't mind me speaking to you like a man. Man up to your role. No matter if she holds up her end or not, that's not on your head before God.

2011/5/13 21:01Profile
Enochh

Indianapolis

Re:

yes it says we were enemys....what version do you read? Its nice of you to assume how I feel..."right and justified". Must make you feel good.

2011/5/13 21:06Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

The reason I assume you feel right and justified, is because that's what you're fighting for right now. The "rightness" and the justification of your position. You can go ad hominem on this if you want to, but that's the first sign that you can't refute what's being said.

You have yet to deal with any of the unconditional commands of Scripture. You can continue to take more potshots at me, but that won't help the issue much. I'm not saying this to tear you down, I'm saying this because you have a chance to resolve it. It's an awesome thing to be a husband. It's not an easy thing, but it's an awesome thing. Despite your arguments, you know what the Word says, and you know your role to play. Sometimes it's a bummer hand, but that's between you and God. You can make the right choice, bro. It's not easy, but it's right, and you can do it!

2011/5/13 21:16Profile

Re: The Feminization of Christianity

Hi Everest

Quote:
Christ never obligated himself to love any one who didn't submitt to his headship (LORD)

You won't find that in the Bible, so I'm not sure where you're getting it from.

Just for the record - John 2:24 But Jesus did not commit Himself unto them, because He knew all men.

2011/5/13 21:18

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy