SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons :  KEPT BY THE POWER OF GOD by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

KEPT BY THE POWER OF GOD by David Wilkerson

WEDNESDAY, MAY 11, 2011
KEPT BY THE POWER OF GOD
by David Wilkerson

Peter said, "[We] are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time" (1 Peter 1:5). I see in this a prophecy that in these last days, God is once more going to reveal his keeping power to his people.

Christ prayed to the Father concerning his disciples: "While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost" (John 17:12). The disciples did not keep themselves in the will of God, they were kept by a mighty power outside of themselves. They could not have made it a single day without Christ's keeping power.

What a glorious prayer Christ prayed on our behalf: "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil" (John 17:15).

In the Greek, the work kept is very expressive. As used in 1 Peter 1:5, it means:

• To establish a military outpost.
• To guard, hem in, protect with a garrison.
• To establish a fortress with a full military line, with full military apparatus.
• To discern the enemy far in advance and protect from danger.

Not only is the Lord a strong tower, but he establishes in us a military outpost, manned by a fully-equipped army. We actually become a powerful military outpost with armies of soldiers, horses, and chariots ready for combat, and with a sentinel that sees the oncoming enemy far in advance.

Jesus prayed, "Keep them from the evil...." The Greek word for keep means:

• Deliverance from the effect or influence of anything bad, evil, grievous, harmful, lewd, malicious, or wicked.
• Deliverance from Satan himself and all that is corrupt or diseased.

Put it all together and it seems almost too good to believe. We are God's military outpost, protected by a fully-equipped spiritual army of innumerable horses, chariots, and soldiers in full battle array completely informed of every enemy plan and device—wholly defended against Satan and all the evil powers in the universe. Now maybe we can understand what the Scripture means when it says, "Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4).

2011/5/11 11:27Profile

Re: KEPT BY THE POWER OF GOD by David Wilkerson

This is so good Sis. The Strong's, just in case someone doesn't believe it -

"Keep" the word and actual "Phrase" that John uses twice - once in the verse that David gave "Keep them from" [Jn 17:15] and also the same "phrase" that John wrote as Jesus' dictated the words to him in Rev 3:10 "Keep thee from" - though this is just the Strong's definition of "keep" - the word joined with the word "from" makes it doublely powerful -

G5083
τηρέω
tēreō
tay-reh'-o
From τηρός teros (a watch; perhaps akin to G2334); to guard (from loss or injury, properly by keeping the eye upon; and thus differing from G5442, which is properly to prevent escaping; and from G2892, which implies a fortress or full military lines of apparatus), that is, to note (a prophecy; figuratively to fulfil a command); by implication to detain (in custody; figuratively to maintain); by extension to withhold (for personal ends; figuratively to keep unmarried): - hold fast, keep (-er), (ob-, pre-, re) serve, watch.

Neither verse means that He will take us 'out of' the world, but as David said so well - we are "guarded" in the midst of all in the world. Bless The LORD of hosts!

After reading this, a testimony that I had heard on the radio came back to mind strongly.

It was about a big teddy bear of a man and his dear wife, a very loving couple, that wanted to go overseas to adopt a baby.
When they got there, they were shown all the babies and children in the orphanage. They were there sometime because it was so hard to choose just one.
Then he spotted a solitary little girl who he asked about and was told that despite her size she was actually 12 yrs old. She stayed basically away from everyone because she had been abused. She was terribly shy - but more than that, she actually was difficult to approach because she was so hurt inwardly.
This man wanted to adopt her and after spending some time talking with his wife, they did adopt her and brought her home and you can just imagine the beautiful life that they gave this troubled girl. She did get saved, I believe it was at 16 yrs old but he was so tender with her. The type of father any of us would love to have.

I think that came to mind because so many believe that we're adopted by GOD our Father and then left unprotected.

Can you imagine what this big Daddy of this adopted child would have done if anyone tried to hurt his rescued-already-beaten little girl, once he adopted her. Oh my!

If we go away or outside of our Father's Protective umbrella, so to speak, sure, of course we many get hurt - but as long as we're, by faith, "holding Daddy's hand" - nothing shall in any way harm you.

We're "tested" - but that is not the same as being an open target for anything that GOD doesn't allow in His Love and Kindness. But we need to learn the difference between "tests" and "lies against GOD and our relationship with and in Him".

That little girl from overseas did experience some troubles at school in the beginning - but she always knew that her new Father was in no way involved in any of those.
She had the choice and it took time, but she came to realize that her new Father that adopted her would never hurt her and even any discipline was in his love. She never felt unloved and his love healed her and she was able to trust Jesus in that way within 4 yrs.

I just have to say this - we should not except anything less than this message of "adoption and protection by a very Omnipotent and Loving Father" ... and all the more as we see the days ahead becoming more evil and darker.

We 'must' Know where we stand in Christ! How else can we be overcomers by the blood of the Lamb and the words of our testimonies or His testimony within us?
We need to Keep the Word of His Patience. Amen!

2011/5/12 12:19

Re: KEPT BY THE POWER OF GOD by His Spirit -

He Never Lies -

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of Truth, which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of Me

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the Truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, 'I' will send Him unto you.

Notice in these next verses - 'Who' dwells within us ...

Rom 8:9-15 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the 'Spirit of God' dwell in you. Now if any man have not the 'Spirit of Christ', he is none of His.

And if 'Christ be in you', the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

But if 'the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you', He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

For as many as are led by 'the Spirit of God', they are the sons of God.

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;

but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."

Eph 3:17-21 That "Christ may dwell in your hearts" By Faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in Love,

may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
and to know the Love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with All the Fulness of God.

Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think,
according to the power that worketh in us,
unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus
throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."

2011/5/12 12:56
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Amen and Amen! Burn these truths into our very being Holy Spirit. Burn them deep. Glory to God. Thanks for expounding as well. JisG.

2011/5/12 14:53Profile
Clarebear

Re: KEPT BY THE POWER OF GOD by David Wilkerson

A place where a similar translation is applicable is in Philippians 4:7. This scripture (v's6-7) have been a powerful comfort and encouragement to me over the years, but it wasn't until I read the Amplified version that I was given a completely new understanding of this promise of God.....
"6.Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God,7 and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard [GARRISON!-a FORTRESS!]your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

I saw the power of God at work. I remembered watching westerns as a kid, and seeing these garrisons they built out on the plains that surrounded the army wives and children and kept them safe from attack. High on the walls watches were kept constantly to warn of any enemy approaching. Great strong gates were closed and the only way in was through siege. My great comfort is always that God's power is greater than all the enemy could throw at me, and no weapon formed against me will prosper! I thank God for the amazing power of the Word which is sharper than any two edged sword - Jesus overcame Satan with the Word, and we have the same Word to overcome him too. Hallelujah!

2011/5/12 18:30Profile

Re:

Amen, Clarebear, and Welcome.

Good Word. Rejoicing in His Word. The LORD Bless you!

2011/5/13 0:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy