SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is Christ eternally cursed? May it never be!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
anti_paradox

Is Christ eternally cursed? May it never be!!

[b]Hi again everyone,

Christ was made a curse to redeem His people, right?

What do you think?[/b]

Gal 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us;

[b]So if some of His *blood-bought* people aren't redeemed is he still a curse for them?

Comments?

Also, the gospel says that Christ who knew no sin was made sin to reconcile the world, right?[/b]

2Co 5:19 God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself... for He made the One who knew no sin to be sin for us,

[b]So if some of the *blood-bought* world are not reconciled, then is Christ still sin?

Is Christ eternally cursed? [/b]

1 Cor 12:3 no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, Jesus is a curse

[b]May it never be!![/b]

2004/12/1 10:00Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Is Christ eternally cursed? May it never be!!

Hello anti-paradox,

Please help me to understand your thinking here, In your opinion, would it be accurate to say; though the blood of Christ is necessary for forgiveness in God's economy, it is applied to those who never heard the Gospel and even to those who reject Christ?

In Christ,

Ron

2004/12/1 10:59Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Is Christ eternally cursed? May it never be!!

Please keep the same topical discussion in ONE thread. you have started the same topic here: http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3883&forum=36 Unless its a totally new topic its advisable to continue in the same thread.

2004/12/1 11:07Profile
markitats

Springdale AR

Re:

Hey anti, I have to agree with Greg on this because you seem to be just rewording your original statement of “Hell: did Jesus die for those burning”? Even in a Reformed view, if your are of that choice, you have to believe in some sence that Christ died for all and eventually the only one’s Christ death will affect will be his chosen people. In any event, God is not like us. If he states that His son died for the sins of the whole world, then you have to believe that the invitation has to be true. I know I have invited people to my house, but had no intention of being there,(please God forgive me). God can not and will not lie. But again, In reformed view, the only one’s who will act upon that invitation are the one’s ultimately chosen by God before the foundations of the earth. Thanks for reading and God Bless.

2004/12/1 11:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy