SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Happy Mother's Day to all of our mothers :)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Happy Mother's Day to all of our mothers :)

Hope you all have a great day today! The Lord has used my mother to bless me many times over and is now using my wonderful wife to do the same as we raise our children.

I had a silly thought in light of Mother's Day perhaps we can lightly discuss it for fun but Do you think Jesus got Mary anything for Mother's day, if so what? ;)

GOD BLESS our Hard WORKING MOTHERS!
Matthew

2011/5/8 8:46Profile

Re: Happy Mother's Day to all of our mothers :)

Thanks bro. This year I get two! ;)

(The UK celebrates Mothers' Day a few weeks ago.)

2011/5/8 12:40
Lovefirst

Lake Charles, LA

Yes, Happy Mothers Day to all of you mothers! God Bless.

2011/5/8 14:33Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Just called my Mom. Thank God for mothers. May God bless them today no matter how bad the circumstances or how far away they are from God.

2011/5/8 14:50Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

My Mother is with Jesus and I miss her a lot but I am so very thankful she is with our Savior. Got to know Him a little late in life but Glory Hallelujah! She's there!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ALL MOTHERS & GRANDMOTHERS!

2011/5/8 17:16Profile
mama27

Re:

I wish the same to everyone on here who is a mother or grandmother. I am very grateful that God allowed me to be a mother, as hard as it is right now. It has taught me countless lessons about the heart of God - how He doesn't want me to love Him out of duty, but out of desire....how His restraints in my life only out of wisdom and a heart of love....how He desires my WHOLE HEART, not just outward compliance....how NOTHING can EVER cause Him to stop loving me - NOTHING!!! And there are many more lessons that I do not have time to write. Thank you Lord, for Your marvelous plan! May I be a better mother until the day I die, even when my mothering is only through prayer...

2011/5/8 18:14Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Quote:
Do you think Jesus got Mary anything for Mother's day, if so what? ;)

I think the greatest gift Jesus gave his mother and Joseph is found in Luke 2:49-51 NASB: "And He said to them, “Why is it that you were looking for Me? Did you not know that I had to be in My Father’s house?” 50 But they did not understand the statement which He had made to them. And He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and He continued in subjection to them; and His mother treasured all these things in her heart." As a mom this would be the greatest gift my child could give me.

Since godly moms tend to think the same I imagine Mary was pleased as she saw Jesus' dedication to serve His Father but yet lived in subjection to her and her husband.

2011/5/8 21:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy