SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Deconversion: I can't say this guy is lying.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Deconversion: I can't say this guy is lying.

I've been struggling with my faith and lost almost everything and only wanted to figure this out. It was a crisis of faith and I put everything else on hold for this.

I know this is "bad" but I can't help empathize with this guy. He sounds like he genuinely sought God

I can relate to this guy.

please watch all four parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa5FDATiErk&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_396625&v=h97IurNPoG8&feature=iv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=0GMyD4-Y-EM&annotation_id=annotation_537080

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdKwyV1gnNw

2011/5/7 6:40
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Deconversion: I can't say this guy is lying.

codex,

I listened to part 1. I am not so sure it would be edifying to listen to all the parts. Are you working to prove that faith in Jesus Christ is a farce?

In listening to the speaker on this video I could not help but notice how self-centered he is. It was all about "I" with a capital letter. I heard nothing about surrender, repentance, obedience but "I" and ritual - did this and that. And it failed. It sure will - every time. You can take this to the bank.

If faith is only an intellectual thing, it will fail you every time because there are so many things out there that does not make sense. Why is there evil? why does God allow evil, cruelty to exist? So, you discard God as being irrelevant to society because he does nothing to stop it, or so you think. And what happens to people who live like this? They pursue a life centered on satisfying selfish interests only to find themselves caught in its consequences and then blaming God. Does this alone not convince someone of the futility of living for self?

Moderns have been spoiled because they have imbibed the gospel of self-esteem and they want to marry it to Christian faith. It will never work. Self-esteem works to be on the throne where all are to serve ME, MY COMFORT, MY INTERESTS, I THINK... You need to take yourself to that cross and allow a crucifixion to take place and in a few days you will experience a resurrection.

No, I refuse to listen to the remaining videos because I believe them to be devilish, unedifying. Sure, I have had to deal with my own doubts and it does no good to revisit them...I have doubted everything I had been taught as a child but God in his mercy kept working on me and succeeded. PTL!! and He will do it to any who want it. I am nobody special - if he will do it for me, He certainly will do it for anyone else.

ginnyrose

2011/5/7 7:42Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Quote:
If faith is only an intellectual thing, it will fail you every time because there are so many things out there that does not make sense. Why is there evil? why does God allow evil, cruelty to exist? So, you discard God as being irrelevant to society because he does nothing to stop it, or so you think. And what happens to people who live like this? They pursue a life centered on satisfying selfish interests only to find themselves caught in its consequences and then blaming God. Does this alone not convince someone of the futility of living for self? Moderns have been spoiled because they have imbibed the gospel of self-esteem and they want to marry it to Christian faith. It will never work. Self-esteem works to be on the throne where all are to serve ME, MY COMFORT, MY INTERESTS, I THINK... You need to take yourself to that cross and allow a crucifixion to take place and in a few days you will experience a resurrection.

------

AMAN! Ginnyrose, I agree completely. What you shared here is so right on the mark I could not have said it better!!Thank you also for the warning about these videos, I do not want to give any room to the enemy so this kind of stuff is not worth the time HE has so graciously given me!!

God Bless
maryjane

2011/5/7 8:56Profile
PaulFaculin

Quezon City, Philippines

Re:

What a wonderful post, sister ginnyrose!

2011/5/7 9:07Profile
DesertRose

Boston.MA

My Help and My Deliverer
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry.
2 He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD.
4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie! 5 You have multiplied, O LORD my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told.
6 In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted, but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required.
7 Then I said, "Behold, I have come; in the scroll of the book it is written of me:
8 I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."
9 I have told the glad news of deliverance in the great congregation; behold, I have not restrained my lips, as you know, O LORD.
10 I have not hidden your deliverance within my heart; I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation; I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness from the great congregation.
11 As for you, O LORD, you will not restrain your mercy from me; your steadfast love and your faithfulness will ever preserve me!
12 For evils have encompassed me beyond number; my iniquities have overtaken me, and I cannot see; they are more than the hairs of my head; my heart fails me.
13 Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me! O LORD, make haste to help me!
14 Let those be put to shame and disappointed altogether who seek to snatch away my life; let those be turned back and brought to dishonor who delight in my hurt! 15 Let those be appalled because of their shame who say to me, "Aha, Aha!"
16 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation say continually, "Great is the LORD!"
17 As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God!

2011/5/7 10:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
I listened to part 1. I am not so sure it would be edifying to listen to all the parts. Are you working to prove that faith in Jesus Christ is a farce? In listening to the speaker on this video I could not help but notice how self-centered he is. It was all about "I" with a capital letter. I heard nothing about surrender, repentance, obedience but "I" and ritual - did this and that. And it failed. It sure will - every time. You can take this to the bank. If faith is only an intellectual thing, it will fail you every time because there are so many things out there that does not make sense. Why is there evil? why does God allow evil, cruelty to exist? So, you discard God as being irrelevant to society because he does nothing to stop it, or so you think. And what happens to people who live like this? They pursue a life centered on satisfying selfish interests only to find themselves caught in its consequences and then blaming God. Does this alone not convince someone of the futility of living for self? Moderns have been spoiled because they have imbibed the gospel of self-esteem and they want to marry it to Christian faith. It will never work. Self-esteem works to be on the throne where all are to serve ME, MY COMFORT, MY INTERESTS, I THINK... You need to take yourself to that cross and allow a crucifixion to take place and in a few days you will experience a resurrection. No, I refuse to listen to the remaining videos because I believe them to be devilish, unedifying. Sure, I have had to deal with my own doubts and it does no good to revisit them...I have doubted everything I had been taught as a child but God in his mercy kept working on me and succeeded. PTL!! and He will do it to any who want it. I am nobody special - if he will do it for me, He certainly will do it for anyone else.

I wrote this because I'm being genuinely honest. I don't know what to think. I think 99% of the christianity I've faced in decades of growing up and attending church is absolutely not the work of Jesus Christ. It just doesn't work. I've been searching earnestly for the real thing.

I admire your reasoning but I have to disagree with you about not watching the videos. Although, I'm not sure where the guy stands, the person who created those videos, I know, wasn't trying to be self centered. He surrendered much for Jesus Christ. He just burned out. And right now he is so very lost. I feel sympathy for him like Paul does for non believers. I really don't want him to go to hell.

Also, doesn't the bible say that we are transformed into a new person when we are saved and that the Holy spirit is in us. So by that premise, if I really believed in God, I would be willing to test it against anything because it would be the absolute TRUTH. I wouldn't believe that by watching some video of how a earnest christian STRUGGLED WITH FAITH would hinder mine.

I think most of us here live in a Christian cocoon, we love to be on this forum among believers but we have no guts to actually going out into the real world. I'm not saying this about anyone specific but I think it's just the general consensus here. Most people know the bible very well but i don't see people going out into the real world and dealing with real people and real problems.

Because the state of the modern church is so horrific today, I think true believers should fellowship with the lost, understand where they are coming from and minister to them. After all, isn't that what Jesus did?()

He might be blasphemy on most accounts but the author of the video is not wrong on the account that most modern church experience stems too much from feelings derived from the praise and worship experience. I realized how I overconfided in praise.

I mean as a christian, shouldn't we care to save this guy's soul.

I also disagree with the view that this guy is self centered. He served in the ministry, He worked his butt off to serve God, not to chase girls or fame. He cried out to God and to him it seemed like God was silent. And I think we all know what it feels like for God to be silent.

I mean I'm not really sure what kind of christian I am today. That's why I have so many questions and so much doubt. I'm so jaded by all the fake christians I've seen, I don't know what to think but one fact remains is that I'm earnestly trying to seek God and really believe to the point that I have lost most things and my condition is looking very bleak.

I'm not saying this to attack anyone but I just think we should have sympathy for people like this as Christ would and find out why the multitude of people are leaving the church. And if we really believe, try to love them and bring them back.

I really think we should be more honest with each other on this forum. And we should be open to sharpening each other even with harsh truth. I will dish it out but you should correct me as well.

I remember someone on this forum saying that we're going to have to start loving people because of these times even strangers. I was suprised because Jesus commanded us to love everyone and not just friends even before "these times" hit. (what you do to the least of these, you have done until me, and the his commandment on loving our enemies, even nonbelievers love their friends)

2011/5/7 12:21
Lysa

East TN for now!

Everyone who has wooo hoooo’d a supposed great comment has failed to see that this man, codek, needs prayer. He is losing his faith if he hasn’t already. Should you really be patting each other’s backs (at a time like this)?

God bless,
Lisa

PS codek, I will comment more on the videos later today (I'm watching them now).

2011/5/7 12:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Everyone who has wooo hoooo’d a supposed great comment has failed to see that this man, codek, needs prayer. He is losing his faith if he hasn’t already. Should you really be patting each other’s backs (at a time like this)?

I am praying for you codek. The devil is real, Hell is real, sin is real, Jesus Christ is the Lord right now in heaven.

PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO:

He Died! by Paul Washer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Ej_f4rXP8

May God rouse you to "reality" and the sense of sin, and the reality of eternity.

2011/5/7 12:53Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Praying for you as well. You know I am.

"Lord I believe, but help my unbelief!"

2011/5/7 12:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

After watching some of these videos it is clear the emotional music which is soulish, the very sensual voice of this individual is clear that he is probably into homosexuality, as he said in the video he struggled with sensuality. Having only a view of the fatherhood of God and not the fear of God will lead to this type of christianity and people falling away from this faith.

Sadly many who have these views don't really know God to start with.

2011/5/7 13:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy