SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Last sermon listened to.... ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Last sermon listened to.... ?

What has been the last sermon you have listened to on SermonIndex and how did it bless or inspire you?

2004/11/30 21:54Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Last sermon listened to.... ?

The last sermon I listened to was [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4409]'Nearness of Jesus'[/url] by Basilea Schlink

I was a bit surprised by this download because this is really more of a narrative (given by several different people) than a sermon. It was testimony about the Lord's dealings with the women who He used to start the Evangelical Sisterhood of Mary in Germany at the end of WWII. The testimony is interspersed with beautiful hymns that Ms. Schlink wrote.

To put it simply, Jesus is just exalted and adored in this testimony, the simple love and trust expressed in and through these women left me feeling like I know nothing of the love of Calvary.

I usually go for the meaty offerings from guys like Katz, Poonen, Conlon,and Daniel to name a few but this was a delightful message of love and hope that is equally meaty in its own way. I have been convicted recently of my own lovelessness and this message just seemed to turn up the flame on those convictions.

Good stuff, I don't know where else would I find something like that other than here on SI. Thanks Greg.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/11/30 22:46Profile

Re:

I'm sure everyone has listened to these messages before, but I listened to them again recently.

"Are we longing for repentance" and "The Judgment Seat of Christ" both by Leonard Ravenhill.

2004/12/1 4:06
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

"Baptism of Fire" by Pastor David Wilkerson. The fire has come to purge and for that I praise Jesus. It's a great message to hear.

2004/12/7 10:44Profile
JGL1974

Re:

I listened to Iain Murray on John Knox. I thought it was a great message. Partly academic and partly a sermon. I am also grateful that Vance Havner's sermon "Is This That?" is on the index! Its very powerful.

2004/12/22 16:35Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

Hey

The sermon, "(MEN WHO MET GOD) MOSES- THE BUSH" was the last one...but really the whole men who met God series by A.W Tozer was great.

James

2004/12/22 21:00Profile
markm

Re:

Keith Green's "The Error of Balaam." A timely (for me at least) warning about a common, yet subtle at times, temptation.

2004/12/23 1:45Profile
RobbieMcGee

Re:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=9] The Reproach of the Solemn Assembly - Part 1[/url]
and
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=10]The Reproach of the Solemn Assembly - Part 2[/url]

This is a great sermon by David Wilkerson, really helped encourage me to stand for the true gospel and gave me confirmation for a current situation in my life.

2004/12/23 8:14Profile
phebebird

San Pedro, California

Re: Last sermon listened to.... ?

Well, I've been downloading 1-2 David Wilkerson sermons and burning them to CD just about every day. I listen to them in the car and before I go to sleep. At this rate I am going to have to get a new CD burner before long. :)

My favorites have been Shall We Continue in Sin and Feeding Christ.

As we speak I am burning A Craving For the Presence of the Lord and Power Over Sin by David Wilkerson.

Phebe

2005/1/1 3:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy