SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts :  Read Maleachi 3...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
browny

Read Maleachi 3...

Dear saints,

I have the strong impression to share Malachi 3:16 with you.
But praying about it, I believe some of us need to read prayerfully _true_the_ whole_ chapter…. I cannot explain my burden to post this, it’s just there and it is strong. Hope to bless someone by it.
In His Wonderful Shalom,
Browny

2011/5/6 10:12Profile
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Re: Read Maleachi 3...

Amen, Dear Brother. This verse has been a key verse for me these past months on the fear of God. Notice the special attention God gives to those who fellowship in His Name and in His fear. A special book just for those who fear Him? Can the Lord make it more clear that His people ought to Fear His Holy Name? I believe the burden that the Lord has given you is the same burden that He shares. The absence of the fear of God amongst His people. When a people stop fearing God, we abuse His grace. When a people stop fearing God we slide further into sin and wickedness. It's only by the fear of the Lord that we can depart from iniquity. Oh God, please restore your people to a right fear of You. Help us to see You in all of Your Glory and Holiness! Hold the pre-eminence in our hearts and reduce us to right size!

Thank you for sharing, brother, and may you be filled with the knowledge of the fear of the Lord today.

2011/5/6 10:38Profile

Re: Read Maleachi 3...

Quote:
It's only by the fear of the Lord that we can depart from iniquity.

If I may point something out here - because not all preaching acknowledges the biblical balance written by the apostle Paul - to those who feel they have long ago lost (or never had) any fear of God:

Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts... 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;'

Despite the list of sins which follows in vv 29 - 31,

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them',

we come after two more verses to (ch 2) 3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? 4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

The door to repentance is opened wide. There IS a way back.

2011/5/7 5:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy