SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : David Wilkerson's Son Urges Prayer for His Mother

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

David Wilkerson's Son Urges Prayer for His Mother

David Wilkerson's Son Urges Prayer for His Mother

CBNnews.com

Rev. David Wilkerson's wife, Gwen Wilkerson, is still recovering in the hospital from the crash that killed her husband.
On Wednesday, doctors worked to repair a broken hip she suffered during the accident, according to her son Gary Wilkerson.

In a brief update published on the World Challenge website, Wilkerson also urged supporters to continue praying for his mother.

"Please pray as she in surgery today to repair a broken hip," he said. "Pray also for her emotional strength after suffering such a loss."

Rev. Wilkerson was buried Monday during a private ceremony for friends and family in Tyler, Texas. The beloved minister was killed April 27 when the car he was driving collided head-on with a truck in east Texas.

Earlier on Wednesday, Gary Wilkerson, also assured supporters of his father's ministries that the work he started will continue.

"Today, with the funeral and burial behind us, the works of Jesus launched through his ministry are still moving on in full force," he said. "Dad was fond of saying, 'The best is yet to come.' I'm convinced he's right."

Times Square Church will hold a public memorial service for Wilkerson in New York City on May 14 at 2 p.m.

CBNNews.com will be streaming the event live, beginning May 14 at 2 p.m. EST.

Previous Stories:
Legacy of Faith: Pastor David Wilkerson

Rev. David Wilkerson Killed in TX Car Crash

I Was David Wilkerson - Pat Boone

Nicky Cruz Remembers David Wilkerson

Source: CBNnews.com

2011/5/6 8:49Profile
ManofGod0000

Re: David Wilkerson's Son Urges Prayer for His Mother

Our father,

provider, healer, help in the midst of all trial n trouble, see miss gwen through, the family, loved ones.

For your name God is to be exalted and praised, in sorrow we r to know that through our pain there is hope, their is a help that will someway somehow provide for us.

it feels as though hope is gone sometimes, even my tears right now sense a feeling of abandonment and wonder, but through the ages, someway somehow you have proven to show us, helpless mankind that your name is great and that deliverance and redemption are sure.

So even now my god, not that I can demand anything from u, but I plead the mercy, the powerful mercy that only u possess. I plead over the Wilkerson family and all of those who are in terrible need of a touch, of a meeting with u almighty god through the preciousness of Christ.

I pray this feeble prayer from my broken heart, from a soul that is also in distress and awaiting for u to crack through our moments of pain and discouragement.
U r it Oh God, and none else can even come close!

It is in the mighty name of Jesus (Yeshua) I speak
AMEn

2011/5/6 10:20Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

May we all pray here on SermonIndex for this situation.

2011/5/6 11:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy