SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : EVENT: Open-Air Evangelism in Toronto, Canada

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The wicked flee when no one is pursuing [them],
but the righteous are as bold as a lion.Pr. 28:1

Amen Chanin! I will be going out with a few of the brothers from New York State tonight and then tommorow (saturday) there will be more brothers coming for a day of outreach. I know its going to be a blessed time and many will be convicted and brought to God.

2004/12/3 15:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here are some pictures and videos from the open air preaching downtown toronto for the last 2 days.

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photos/thumbs/1024.jpg[/img]
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?cid=225]Some Open-Air preaching pictures in downtown toronto[/url]

[b]Videos of open-air:[/b] [i]*(note videos are in .mov format)[/i]
[url=http://www.therevivalweneed.com/openair01.mov]Video 01[/url]
[i]more videos coming soon[/i]

--

This last 2 days were awesome!!! I thank everyone for their prayers and encouragements. On friday I went to meet at the hotel brother Miles and Jon and we went out to witness and preach in downtown toronto were people go to clubs at queen and john. We had a few good one on one conversations and many people were interested. But it was -5 below and very cold so people could barely stop for 5 minutes without freezing half to death. But even amongst that circumstance people still heard the gospel.

On Saturday, brother Ricki (a brother from trenton, ontario) and Pastor Pat (the pastor doing a Calvary Chapel Church plant in toronto which im helping out with) came and met with the other 2 brothers and we went down to Yonge and Dundas which is right in the centre of downtown were busy shoppers were. We had alot of huge crowds even getting to 30 people at a few points. Many people got tracts and heard the gospel clearly presented. One of the most awesome parts of the whole day was to be able to have some indepth one on one conversations with people. I myself had 3-4 of these in which people really were searching and seeking for God. God led some very interesting people to talk to me.

There were so many interesting stories that happened but the summation of the event was that it was fruitful and God was working! Praise His name.

2004/12/5 11:25Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Praise God Greg!

-5 degrees! No wonder you want to come out this way... :-)

Got to run, will check this video out later on, but what a blessing to hear of all this. Will keep on praying that this seed will take root in the hearers hearts.

2004/12/5 11:41Profile
LoveOneAnother

Re:

I've been praying for those of you who went to Toronto, Greg! I haven't been to this forum for several months, but I know Jon who went to Toronto, so I stopped by to see the pictures. :-) I love open air preaching--there's just nothing like it in the world!!!

Blessings,
Elisabeth Dyvig

2004/12/7 0:10Profile
dougkristen

Re:

Jon Speed and I are going to continue with street evangelism in upsate New York. We have not meet yet, but are going to get togehter soon, hopefully next week. If anyone lives near Rochester, NY and would like to join us, please let me know.

Grace,
Doug

2004/12/7 9:00Profile
Lawevangelis

Justin, TX

Re:

Just wanted to make a note on what happened with the rest of the weekend...

The plan this weekend was to stay in Toronto through Sunday afternoon, but the Lord clearly directed us to return late Saturday night so I could preach on Sunday at church. My traveling buddy Miles Lewis, shared his testimony with me and it turns out it is very similar to mine, so I asked him to share it in church. In fact, he was soundly saved only two weeks before me. Some in my church think I'm nuts for ever questioning my own salvation and so the Lord directed me to have him speak in both services.

He stayed over and shared his testimony in both services and then I preached on Genesis 32. God came down in power, even more powerfully than in Toronto. I spent a couple of hours speaking with people who were false converts and one who had never made any profession before afterwards.

Craig, the first timer (for lack of a better term) was absolutely desparate to know God. When I asked him what he wanted, he almost shouted at me that he couldn't go on without knowing God any more and absolutely must get right with God no matter what the cost was! When he prayed, he wept and agonized with God, repenting of his sin and trusting Christ alone. He kept saying, "I won't let You go!". It was absolutely beautiful and something I will remember for all eternity.

Andy is a guy who I've been concerned about for awhile. Pray for him, saints. He is on the edge of either repenting and getting right with God or hardening his heart. But he was convicted enough to search the matter out and is examining himself to see if he is in the faith.

Another guy named Dave is in the midst of conviction. He needs to stew in it awhile longer and has to make some hard decisions if he is going to follow Christ. He is counting the cost and under serious conviction. I have never seen this hardened man cry like a baby before, but he soaked his Bible in tears.

There's rumors of others who might have come to Christ or are under serious conviction. I have never seen anything like this in our church and I'm praying it might be harvest time among the false converts. Praise God for conviction of sin, righteousness and judgment through the Holy Spirit. God is such an awesome God, perfect in all His ways.

I praise God for all of your prayers this weekend. The Lord blessed powerfully on many fronts and the harvest is still coming in.

Blessings,

Jon

2004/12/7 9:40Profile
mileslewis

North Syracuse, NY

Re: open air in Toronto

Just wanted to follow up on what Pastor Jon said. This week-end was intense. Friday night started out with real discouragement. Jon and I went out to hand out tracts and do some one to one and to our surprise, almost nobody would take a tract. We prayed quickly on the side walk and found the response to be better, but still dissappointing. After dinner I found a group of youths on the street and began witnessing to them which led one of them to ask me if I had a bible to give him. I didn't, but did give out a few "save yourself some pain" booklets from livingwaters.com. I then found Jon talking with a tall gentlemen on the street and to my surprise it was our liason, Greg Gordon (administrator- sermonindex.net)
We then headed out to do some open air on a few different corners. We had some great response there. There were actually a few girls(see the photo section with the BIG MONEY in hand) who seemed concerned about the state of their souls and said they would "definately" get right with God Before they went to sleep that night. We ended the first night at around 11:30 p.m.
Now for Saturday; We met up with Rick and Pat and Greg Gordon at about 10 a.m. We headed down to Yonge and Dundas outside Eaton Centre and I got the festivities rolling with an open air that immediately drew a nice sized crowd with a rather rude heckler named Moses(see pics, guy with huge beard and sunglasses). Jon and myself open aired on and off untill lunchtime while our other laborers for the Kingdom witnessed one to one and passed out tracts. (I Praise God for you guys!) We all had our share of hecklers, at one point, Jon had I think four different hecklers at once time and then they began to argue with each other. Jon basically told one Jamaican guy to talk to the hand and I thought this guy was going to break it (his hand) off.
We came back from lunch and it had just started to rain... We went down to Dundas and Yonge where Greg introduced us to a dear saint named Sakarov. He preached to us for at least a half an hour. We told him we were thinking about setting up on the corner again but (as we were getting wet from the rain) it looked like we might get rained out. In a calm voice, he basically told us that Daniel was put in the lion's den and Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were thrown into the fiery furnace... He said "I think you can handle a little rain for the Gospel's sake". Well that was exactly what we needed, we got fired up and we preached the gospel with power on that corner. At one point, I hopped up on the soapbox at about 5:30 p.m. and I didn't get off for more than a 30 second break untill 8:45 p.m. Over 3 hours of preaching in the power of the Holy Ghost praise God. God just kept bringing the crowds. I had one heckler named Kirk for over an hour and a half which kept the crowds coming. I felt my life was in danger at one point. I was alone with no crowd and was talking to a man named Peter on rollerblades. He was in my face but speaking in a monotone fashion. He asked me if I had ever had a near death eperience... I thought back to my conversion and replied with a yes. There was a long pause as he stared me eye to eye without blinking. I remembered something Ray Comfort said and broke the erie silence with this question: I said "Peter, you are either going to hit me or you are going to hug me."... He then gave me big hug and rolled off. Praise God.
Thank you all for your prayers and don't forget to check out the pictures. Hopefully there will be a video of all this soon as a film student from Ryerson caught about an hour and a half of this on film.

2004/12/7 23:19Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Wow...

Praise God you guy's, what Holy gumption. This is all just incredible...

2004/12/8 1:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
There was a long pause as he stared me eye to eye without blinking. I remembered something Ray Comfort said and broke the erie silence with this question: I said "Peter, you are either going to hit me or you are going to hug me."... He then gave me big hug and rolled off. Praise God.

Praise God! Thanks for sharing Miles.. I am amazed at how God used you and blessed many in Toronto. I have added more pictures that brother Jon sent recently to me I hope you all enjoy:

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photos/thumbs/1065.jpg[/img]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?cid=225]Open Air Preaching in Toronto pictures[/url]

2004/12/8 12:43Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

Thank you for sharing this video. It is so encouraging to see godly men stepping out in boldness for the Creator. I hope and pray those being ministered to walked away with a bit of understanding of the things of God and will seek the Living God through our Lord Jesus Christ in truth and God will use these faithful laborers to bring in the harvest. I am continuing to grow in the knowledge of God, and as He wills, I hope me and my family and more christians will openly evangelize more and more. Thanks again for sharing, it is so encouraging and faithbuilding

2004/12/11 23:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy