SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : EVENT: Open-Air Evangelism in Toronto, Canada

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 EVENT: Open-Air Evangelism in Toronto, Canada

I have been blessed to be able to be a part of an organizing of an weekend for Open-Air preaching in downtown Toronoto where I live. There are 4 brothers coming up from New York state and a few brothers from toronto and other parts of the surrounding Ontario. There will be tract distribution and Open-Air preaching in many parts of downtown Toronto for God's glory. If anyone is neart Toronto, Canada and want to make the trip down to participate in this then that would be great. Also prayers are coveted for this event. Here is an rough schedule and the dates, if you have questions or comments reply to this thread or email me at: [email protected] :

[b]Open-Air Evangelism Weekend In Toronto[/b]
December 3rd-4th

[b]Day 1[/b] - Friday December 3rd
6:00pm - get checked into hotel met together in common room in hotel or one of the hotel rooms. Have a time of prayer and fellowship with everyone.

8:00pm - Go downtown to Queen and John to hand out tracts and do personal witnessing. At some point go over to Queen and Spadina to do Open-Air. Afterwards go down abit south to where all the clubs are where people will be later at night from 11:00pm and onwards.

[b]Day 2[/b] - Saturday December 4th
9:00pm - Breakfast in hotel

10:00pm - Fellowship and prayer.

10:30pm - Go to City Hall at the public pulpit, Pray for the city and preach from that venue. Hand out tracts around city hall.

1:00pm - Lunch out at the Eaton Centre

2:00pm - Open-Air preaching at the corner of Dundas and Yonge.

4:00pm - Seperate into groups of 2 and cover much of dowtown (handing out tracts and personal witnessing).

6:00pm - Supper

8:00pm - Go downtown to Queen and John to hand out tracts and do personal witnessing.

2004/11/30 10:40Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: EVENT: Open-Air Evangelism in Toronto, Canada

Quote:
10:30pm - Go to City Hall at the public pulpit, Pray for the city and preach from that venue. Hand out tracts around city hall.

An interesting note about this is that there is a large wooden pulpit right infront of this sidewalk open area infornt of city hall where it states that you can publically state your opinion and its for debates with other people. Its funny because there is a sign below it stating that the city of toronto is not liable for damages to persons thereof that speak from this puplit. So its kinda enter at your risk.

2004/11/30 17:30Profile

Re: EVENT: Open-Air Evangelism in Toronto, Canada

Oh man! Where's our bro Jesse in all this?!?

I wisht I had a few extra ducets to send him and his band up there to raise a little heaven!!!

2004/11/30 19:10
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Oh man! Where's our bro Jesse in all this?!?

Yes its amazing how God has led me to meet so many open-air preachers in the last 6 months on SermonIndex. I could never have thought myself being involved with something like this back then. Jesse and others have been an inspiration and give me some encouragement to do this! I appreciate your prayers and encouragement. I will be getting pictures, video clips and audio of the preaching and tract distribution. Pray for all the people that hear and get gospel tracts that God would meet them there!

2004/11/30 20:25Profile

Re:

Oh man, I was checking plane tickets to see what it would cost me, but just realized that I have to go to Arizona during that time. Thats alright, if it was of God it would have worked out. Brother Greg, you are going to have an amazing time. Pray alot, minister alot, and learn alot! God can use you in ways you haven't yet imagined. I'm praying for you guys.

2004/11/30 23:45
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
God can use you in ways you haven't yet imagined. I'm praying for you guys.

Thanks for the encouragements and prayers I will keep everyone posted with happenings and also some pictures etc.

2004/12/1 10:49Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Day 3 - Sunday December 5th

JUST an FYI that this day is been taken out so the outreach will be just done on Friday and Saturday, let me know if you are interested in joining in if you are near or in the toronto area. Prayers of course will be appreciated for all those who will be involved.

2004/12/1 17:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Please keep me and the other brothers in Prayer as we go out tonight and all day tommorow into the streets of Toronto to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. Pray for boldness and that the Holy Spirit would convict of sin.

2004/12/3 10:19Profile
moreofHim

Re: open air preaching

You can count on me to lift you guys up in prayer!

The wicked flee when no one is pursuing [them],
but the righteous are as [b]bold as a lion[/b].Pr. 28:1

In the day when I cried out, You answered me, And [b]made me bold with strength in my soul[/b]. Ps.138:3

May you be bold as a lion, and humble as a lamb. :-)

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/12/3 11:15Profile
jameztree

halifax, canada

Re:

May the LORD's blessing and protection be on the ministers reaching Toronto from Upstate New York, and may the Gospel be boldly proclaimed this weekend. May the Holy Ghost convict of sin, as the ministers show the people their transgressions, and proclaim the Good News of Eternal Life.

Muchlove in Christ the Rock,
Ricky Earle

2004/12/3 12:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy