SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Carrying on the Vision by Gary Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

Carrying on the Vision by Gary Wilkerson

WEDNESDAY, MAY 4, 2011
Carrying on the Vision
by Gary Wilkerson

Dark clouds, pouring rain and a cold wind blew through the tent where my father’s body was to be lowered into the ground. But those who gathered at his grave site after a glorious funeral found solace and even joy knowing that David Wilkerson had run his race, finished his course and left behind a legacy of millions of lives deeply impacted and transformed. Our family, close friends and ministry associates sang, “Soon and very soon we are going to see the King! No more dying there, we are going to see the King!” Knowing the sting of death has lost its power, we rejoiced.

Today, with the funeral and burial behind us, the works of Jesus launched through his ministry are still moving on in full force. Dad was fond of saying, “The best is yet to come”. I’m convinced he’s right. The days of feeding starving children, ministering to the poorest of the poor, rescuing homeless orphans, preaching the Gospel to the most unreached will not be diminished during our watch.

Even this week, we will be launching new feeding sites through Please Pass the Bread. This week homes are being built for homeless by World Challenge mission teams in Haiti. This week new churches are being planted among the unreached people of Northern India. In the coming weeks, months and Lord willing, years, we will continue to feed hungry hearts with the David Wilkerson Daily Devotional and World Challenge Pulpit Series Newsletter.

I want to assure you that the vision and ministry of my father and World Challenge, Inc. will continue. We still have the same Board of Directors, same focus and same leading of the Holy Spirit for the work God has placed in our hands. I have been actively serving as President of World Challenge, Inc. for the past year and will officially take the role now. We will not make any major directional changes but will carry on in the same heart and vision as my father.

Even though my father has gone to be with the Lord, the work will continue. The needs are still great and your continued support is appreciated as we reach out to the poor and needy.

2011/5/4 10:11Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Carrying on the Vision by Gary Wilkerson

Thank you for posting this. I didn't think anything would change in the ministries! This proves all these ministries wasn't about David Wilkerson but about Jesus and the people. To God be all the glory!

God bless,
Lisa

PS: Does anyone know how David's wife, Gwen, is doing?

2011/5/4 11:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy