SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Judgemental

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

What most people fail to realize (because they dont read the famous "judge not" verse in it's context) is that a few verses down Jesus calls some people "dogs and pigs". And also in this context Jesus judges judging!

We are to judge with righteous judgment, not fleshly hypocritical judgement... which is what we are generally prone to doing.

I wrote an article about this on my blog, I may post it here sometime. I was amazed at the positive response I received... I thought it would be more negative. Scripture taken in context makes sense. Scripture taken out of context causes confusion, which is why there are so many questions surrounding the "judge not" verse... the second most quoted verse in the Bible right behind John 3:16... and the first most "wrenched out of context" verse.

Krispy

2011/5/28 6:12
allaboard

Re: Judgemental

You did the right thing. The hypocrites will accuse you of being judgemental. He was judged by his own words and you just played them back for him.

You weren't judging his heart, but his words.

And you weren't judging. You were calling attention to him speaking about the Lord and cursing at the same time.

You offended his pride and he actually judged you.

2011/5/28 9:45Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
admire you for speaking up - there are many so-called Christians who will defend the use of profanity in speech. God bless you and keep you and make his face shine upon you and give you peace...

I also agree!

Years ago I was working beside someone who claimed to be a Christian and he was older who used curse words every now and then. I was shocked because the bible says we are not to bring reproach on the name of Jesus. The bible says we are not to talk like we did in our former ignorance when we didn't know the Lord.

The bible also says to have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness but rather reprove them.

Blessings to you!

2011/5/28 10:36Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
And you weren't judging. You were calling attention to him speaking about the Lord and cursing at the same time.

You offended his pride and he actually judged you.

Good point!

He was judging you by saying you were judging him. This is done a lot by those who refuse to change their ways. The humble will receive it and be glad in the end.

Blessings to all!

2011/5/28 10:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy