Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Judgemental

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lovefirst

Lake Charles, LA

Judgemental

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:1

What is the complete meaning of "judge"? I mean, if you bring something up to someone and they feel it convicts them and they reply "Don't judge me, only God can judge me". Doesn't the judge give a sentence or some kind of punishment?

I say this because yesterday I was sitting around some fellow workers, all of whom claim to be Christians, and one in particular who is much older then us was using foul language and took God's name in vain proceded to starting talking about the Lord. I mentioned something about talking about the Lord with others, he replyed that we should always speak about Jesus with others. I then asked if we should curse and then turn around and speak about the Lord? He got very offended and told me to not be judgemental and he isn't perfect.

2011/5/2 23:12Profile

Re: Judgemental

Is this a real question? :)

Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, "but judge righteous judgment" and James 3.

Sounds like you said the right thing to him & now just to pray for him with Gal 6:1 in mind always.

2011/5/3 17:55
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

It was good you stood for truth.

2011/5/3 17:58Profile
Lovefirst

Lake Charles, LA

Re:

Yes, this is real. I have heard this from so many people that it seems they just don't wanna hear what makes them feel convicted. I also do not wanna be a judgemental christian that isn't loving in the way I speak with my brothers and sisters. Maybe I should pray to be more loving in my approach.

2011/5/3 18:03Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i invite you to do a word study on krino,thegreek root for judge. we are never to krino but we should diakrino. judge.jimp a great article on this is ' are we to judge' can be found on a wilderness voice.

2011/5/3 18:31Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Lovefirst:

Quote:

Wrote: """Maybe I should pray to be more loving in my approach."""

How is God loving in His Judgement of us. Only God can reach a persons heart through the Holy Spirit. How are we judging? Is that not how we should be judged? That is why the scripture says judge not lest ye be judged in the same manner, which is As Fathers to sons. In other words, bring up a child in the way he should go, taking time to love them first and ask in prayer how we are to be in giving loving judgement, where, when and why? For we all learn obedience by the things we suffer from God, not from me.

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Ro 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

The Cross and the blood at the base of it is our gift to take away many offences unto Justification.

Ro 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Ro 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit..
2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

Learning to give loving kindness in our judgement of others is walking a very thin line, it takes much teaching from the Holy Spirit and from the Love of the Father and Jesus Christ. Be quick to listen and slow to speak.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/5/3 22:11Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Lovefirst, I believe you did the right thing according to God's Word. Some recommended passages are Matthew 18:15-20, 1Cor.5(whole chapter), and Gal.6:1. Blessings to you, don't be discouraged.

2011/5/4 0:26Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Quote:
He got very offended and told me to not be judgemental and he isn't perfect.

Though we will not be perfect until He appears for the second time. We are told in numerous verses to press onto perfection.

Col 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Col 4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.
1Th 3:10 Night and day praying exceedingly that we might see your face, and might perfect that which is lacking in your faith?
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Heb 13:21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Jas 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
1Pe 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

It is those who wait for Him, whom He will appear to. Who would rather suffer in the flesh for a season than live without knowing Him for the rest of eternity.

Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

2011/5/4 0:40Profile

Lovefirst, you were very much in the right. This person was angry and offended because they knew you were right and wanted to save face. They probably felt convicted and went home and thought about it. I would just let it do it's work and say no more about it for now.

2011/5/13 23:34
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Scriptures record many incidents of people confronting others of their sin. If you were to study the contexts of those incidents, it may teach you something.

This fellows response is normal although it usually will work to intimidate the Believer who spoke in good faith.

I admire you for speaking up - there are many so-called Christians who will defend the use of profanity in speech. God bless you and keep you and make his face shine upon you and give you peace...

2011/5/14 0:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy