SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : I believe God is Love: By Roy Lessin

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
browny

I believe God is Love: By Roy Lessin

I believe God is Love: Roy Lessin

God is love. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 1 John 4:8-9 NKJV

I believe God is love. I believe He loves me. Everything that is true tells me God loves me—His word tells me, He tells me, Jesus tells me, the cross tells me, the blood tells me, the Holy Spirit tells me, the great cloud of witnesses tell me, the lives of those “of whom the world was not worthy” tell me. Any voice that tells me He doesn’t love me is a lying voice, any voice that tells me He loved me once but doesn’t love me now is a misleading voice, any voice that tells me He loves me now but will not always love me is a deceiving voice. God’s every action demonstrates His love, His every attribute confirms His love, His every attitude reveals His love.

I believe God loves me consistently, faithfully, righteously. He loves me to the height, to the breadth, and length, and depth of His being. His love sought me, wooed me, called me, welcomed me, received me, embraced me, adopted me, brought me into His family and made me His child and heir.

I believe His love assures me of His acceptance, extends to me His mercies, and covers me with His grace. The signature of His love is written all over my life— feeding me in my hunger, sustaining me in my walk, upholding me in my trials, healing me in my pain, bathing me with comfort, soothing me with oil, clothing me with kindness, protecting me in the battle, holding me in the storm, guiding me in the journey, and keeping me to the end.

I believe God’s love will never fail me, never disappoint me, never let me down or let me go. In love, His hands give and correct, shape and prune, form and fill. He loves me patiently, perfectly, practically, protectively, purely. I believe His love will never give up on me, and will endure through every circumstance.

I believe God’s love seeks for me what is the highest, the richest, the fullest, and the best. All that His heart desires for me can only be found in His love for me. It is only in His love that I am fulfilled, satisfied, complete, joyful, peaceful, and deeply content—no else can bring it, nothing else can give it. I believe the only way I can find my true purpose and destiny is to be lost in His love.

As a believer, the testimony of God’s love for me in Christ leaves me overwhelmed—when I was unlovely, He loved me and made me new; when I was unwanted, He chose me and made me His own; when I was lost in my sin, He found me and forgave me; when I was bound and condemned, He justified me and released me from my chains; when I was unsure and confused, He placed my feet upon a rock and put a song of hope in my heart; when I was troubled and afraid, He reassured me and gave me His peace. I believe God’s love for me is amazing and leaves me amazed, astounding and leaves me astounded, wonderful and leaves me in wonder, awesome and leaves me in awe!

2011/5/2 22:50Profile

Re: I believe God is Love: By Roy Lessin

I believe the unbelieving world needs to hear this and see it from believers toward them.

Thank you much Browny.

2011/5/3 23:25
Joyful_Heart

Re: I believe God is Love: By Roy Lessin

This is so awesome and true Browny.

This is first and foremost. God is love. I rarely see a post on love. In fact I have written some and hardly a reply. No offense to anyone at all.

But we need to show the world the true love of the Savior which comes from sitting at His feet and getting to know Him. The love from Him - we will welcome with open arms and then the love for the brethren and the love for the lost will flow and the things and desires of this world will grow strangely dim and the things & desires of God will increase.

God bless you Browny, you are a precious child of God and so loved and appreciated.

2011/5/4 0:37Profile

Re:

Very well said, Roy. That's my Lord.

2011/5/4 0:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy