SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Will Jesus return to Jerusalem?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Josef83

Sweden

Will Jesus return to Jerusalem?

I am poundering a question that doesnt fit with my theology.
I have always heard since I was a child that Jesus will return to Jerusalem. I guess all of this is based upon the verse in acts 1:11.
Are there other verses confirming he will return to Jerusalem??.

I have 2 problems with that.

#1. It says when Jesus return every eye shall see him.
How can everyone see someone that is so smal that he fits only in Jerusalem?
-Well we have internet.
The problem is many countries do not have electricity nor internet. And even if the return of christ would appear on the youtube everyone would not see him the same time.
thats a problem I got with that theology.

#2. The second problem I got is with Gal 4:21-27 that calles the physical Jerusalem as a picture of the law.
Rev 11:8 calls Jerusalem the great city.
And also Babylon is called the great city then if we intepret scripture with scripture the great city of babylon would then picture Jerusalem and not Tokyo, New York nor Mexico City.

The question is now then will Jesus return to Jerusalem or is he bigger then a smal city ?
If all eye shall see him then he must be big enough to return EVERYWHERE att the same time ????

well just some thoughts what do you guys belive?
is there any verse saying he will return to Jerusalem?

2011/5/2 13:34Profile

Re: Will Jesus return to Jerusalem?

Hi Josef,

You're going to have to do your own detailed study and come to your own prayerful conclusion. I agree there are - what seem to me discrepancies between what some people claim to believe, and what's written, because of not thinking clearly about just what IS written, and whether it has already been fulfilled or not.

Quote:
guess all of this is based upon the verse in acts 1:11.

The verse says He will 'come in like manner' - meaning He will be travelling in the opposite direction in a cloud when He arrives - not the place.

Regarding the prophecy which is linked to Acts 1:11 in Zechariah 14:4, I believe there may be a spiritual meaning to that short passage. Also, at the time Zechariah wrote, Jesus had not been born or died. He definitely stood on the Mount of Olives after His resurrection. Much is made of Golgotha being a rubbish dump, but the symbolism in the name Mount of Olives - in connection with healing and Pentecost, I have never heard expounded. There's much to be pondered upon there.

Quote:
It says when Jesus return every eye shall see him.

Might be spiritual eyes?(Reg 1:7)

I also want to comment on 'they pierced', because John lifts just a short bit out of Zechariah 12:10.

John 19:37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

It's worth studying just who had done the piercing, who would look on Him, and compare with Psalm 22:6.

Is it a reference to the Jews? Are the Jews 'every kindred'?

You have a good study ahead.

2011/5/2 17:40
Christinyou

Ca.

Where else would He return to when He puts His foot on earth again?

"every eye"? I guess that depends on how big your God is, or how small the box we put Him in.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/5/2 20:08Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Re 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Re 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Re 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Re 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Jesus will come to Jerusalem only it is not earthly city, it is the Heavenly City and the Father and the Lamb are the light therein.

We His bride and son's of God will rule and reign with the Father and the Son for 1000 years in the Heavenly Jerusalem come down from the Father descending out of heaven, all Christs saints with Him, that all will be accomplished, the final Great White Throne Judgement of God for all who are left on the earth after the 1000 years in the graves and not in the graves unto salvation, tribulation saved saints to be with Him, the rest to the pit. Christ in all that are His unto glory and the rest eternity in hell.

John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also, Where Christ is, The Fathers House, so are we, Christ in you the hope of Glory;;;

Revelation 22:5

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

2011/5/3 0:55Profile
Josef83

Sweden

Re:

I find your explaination good.

what about Zech 13:4-5? is that talking about his second coming to Jerusalem or what?

2011/5/3 1:46Profile
Josef83

Sweden

Re:

what about Zech 13:4-5? is that talking about his second coming to Jerusalem or what?

2011/5/3 1:49Profile
Josef83

Sweden

Re:

2011/5/3 1:49Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Zech 13:4-5?

This scripture being spoken is giving the Lord Jesus His due for His great sacrifice and making the Cross so much more than old prophets and present time preachers, who cannot speak the greateness of Christ and His work on the Cross. His sacrifice and resurrection; the ultimate in forgiveness and salvation to the believer. When Christ appears it will be seen how great His sacrifice was and how much it takes away from mans doings to become saved. It is Christ and Christ alone and His Grace, which is so total that all mans works and sins are so completely erased that all who profess to be teachers of the Gospel will drop to their knees and confess, false teacher of what we conceive as mans free will and choosing his own to acquire his place in Gods House.

There is only One who in full acknowledgement of God the Faather, Only One who can attain to our salvation. He paid the price and none other can surfice. That is what Zech is speaking of; Man cannot even see How Great this price that was paid has given all that are His, so pure a place before God our Father. Christ is our Glory and none else, especially nothing I can attain to, be good or bad.

2011/5/4 16:56Profile

Josef asked

Quote:

Are you sure you mean those verses?

Zechariah 13:4 And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; neither shall they wear a rough garment to deceive: {a rough...: Heb. a garment of hair} {deceive: Heb. lie} 5 But he shall say, I [am] no prophet, I [am] an husbandman; for man taught me to keep cattle from my youth.

2011/5/4 18:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy