SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Osama bin Laden Dead

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Friendship is a two way relationship. Osama bin Laden was my enemy. But that was his choice, not mine.

Excellent!

When Jesus says to love your enemies, he is indicating that we will have enemies but it is not our responsibility to kill them.

2011/5/2 0:44Profile

Re:

Yes, there are people that hate us because they hated him first.

Joh 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
Joh 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Joh 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
Joh 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

But we don't hate the world (people in the world).

We love the lost and take the Gospel to the lost.

A777

2011/5/2 0:52
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

be in prayer in the coming days...

From Wikileaks:

It can also today be disclosed that:
*A senior Al-Qaeda commander claimed that the terrorist group has hidden a nuclear bomb in Europe which will be detonated if Bin-Laden is ever caught or assassinated. The US authorities uncovered numerous attempts by Al-Qaeda to obtain nuclear materials and fear that terrorists have already bought uranium. Sheikh Mohammed told interrogators that Al-Qaeda would unleash a “nuclear hellstorm”.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8471907/WikiLeaks-Guantanamo-Bay-terrorist-secrets-revealed.html

2011/5/2 1:17Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I hope that Osama bin Laden gave himself to Christ before he met Him face-to-face.

Otherwise, he is experiencing quite a shock. After all, Osama will kneel -- along with the rest of the world (including Muhammad) -- before the One true King of Kings and he will declare Him as Lord for the glory of the Father.

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

2011/5/2 1:27Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

These verses from Romans 12 also came to mind,

"14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse."

"17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 Therefore “ If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."

2011/5/2 2:58Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead

He now, knows the truth. .... No virgins waiting either.

Ruf

2011/5/2 7:51Profile
DesertRose

Boston.MA

"Shall not the Judge of all the earth do what is just?”

"When the righteous prosper, the city rejoices; when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy."

"there is not only no regret expressed for his decease, but a general joy because God has removed him." Adam Clarke

"The people of God unite in the shouting, not from any selfish feeling of revenge,much less from unfeeling hardness towards their fellow-sinners. But when a hindrance to the good cause is removed; when the justice of God against sin......" (Charles Bridges)

2011/5/2 9:07Profile

Re:

I believe somewhere the scriptures say that God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked. We need to think with the mind of Christ. What bin Laden did was evil. But how is he any different than any man who has not been changed by Christ? According to Eph.2:1-10 all of us were in the realm of Satan before God brought the gospel into our lives and we responded to the gift of his grace as found in Jesus. That would be the only difference between myself and Bin Laden. Were it not for the grace of God I would be just as evil as bin Laden. PersonallIy I am troubled over any child of God who would rejoice at his death. If anything we need to be troubled that this man's eternal soul may be in hell. Saints it is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Last night the SI call said we needed to have the fesr of God restored to the church. Did not Jesus say that we must fear God who can cast both body and soul into hell. A man may have passed into eternity without knowing Christ. Should we not be about the work of bringing pepple to Christ? Do any dispute me ?

2011/5/2 9:35
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Were it not but for the grace of God, you could be Osama bin Laden.

2011/5/2 21:13Profile
Zionshield

Ohio

An enemy is someone that sets himself against you. When Jesus said turn the other cheek it was to the person striking you that you turn the other cheek...this person is your enemy. And this is how we respond to them. We have enemies because we have people who hate us. That doesn't mean that we are enemies ourselves.

Osama was a national enemy...not your personal enemy. He was hunted by a nation and killed by a nation at war with him. You cannot apply the Sermon on the Mount this situation. God does not tell a nation to turn the other cheek...He tells His disciple to do that.

2011/5/2 23:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy