SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Your Contribution, TODAY?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Your Contribution, TODAY?

Your Contribution, TODAY?

8/6/2001

IF the most valuable thing in the galaxy, in all of creation, for all time—is one human soul... what will you do TODAY in keeping with that truth? What will you contribute today, towards yours and others Knowledge and Experience of the Holy One of Israel, the Christ of God? What will you do today—to turn your soul and other’s towards a humble, truthful walk in Him? Nothing else matters one whit—compared to that, right???!!

This was sent to me and it really just hit me. Edit:Because of some of the things God has been placing on my heart just recently this really touched me. I was thinking over this topic just today and considering my sons and where their relationship with the Lord is at, where it is headed as they become young men and adults. I was also thinking about how much time I waste getting caught up in "stuff", a lot of it selfish stuff that I don't take the time to really live what it says about being a servant and caring for others.

It was a challenging question and reminder for me. JESUS is all that matters! I just thought I would share is all...

In HIM be blessed
mj

2011/5/1 17:26Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Your Contribution, TODAY?

Galatians 5:16-25 (ESV)

Walk by the Spirit
16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21 envy, [4] drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

2011/5/1 17:29Profile

Re: Your Contribution, TODAY?

Hi MaryJane,

I want to put a slightly different perspective on the question - perhaps more important to have sorted out first, a bit like when the safety info on board the plane says, if the oxygen masks come down, fix your own first before trying to help someone else (including your child).

(I don't mean there is something wrong with your heart. I just mean there is a priority, and Christians can neglect themselves too.)

This verse:

Proverbs 4:23
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it [are] the issues of life.

{with...: Heb. above all keeping}

Keep thy heart above all keeping, for out of it [are] the issues of life.

2011/5/1 17:33

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy