SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Three Black Dogs and One White Dog

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HeartSong

Three Black Dogs and One White Dog

Earlier today I was out in the yard and heard a terrible commotion. When I looked down into the yard below I saw some dogs that were out of control as the result of someone passing by on the street. As I returned to what I was doing I heard one of the dogs screaming in pain. A fight of some sort ensued which seemed to last a very long time. When I looked down into the yard again I saw a large white dog limping to the back door of the house as three black dogs - two large, and one small - paced around the yard.

I pondered how my old dog used to try to school my young dog for getting out of control - and how she would attack him as a result - and decided that that must have been the case with these dogs as the white dog appeared to be old, and wise, and kind. Later when I checked on the dogs again, the white dog was still sitting by the door, apparently in great discomfort, as the black dogs laid in a semi-circle around it. The little black dog went to check on the old white dog, but then soon returned to join the big black dogs.

This is how it will be for us as Christians as the days draw nigh, but we must stand against the darkness and not just cower by the door.

2011/4/30 15:15Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Three Black Dogs and One White Dog

Dear HeartSong,

When I am an old Christian I trust God will send a young Christian to ease my burden.

There is a strong possibility I would get involved in that scenario you presented. At least to shelter the white dog until the owner steps up. Of course I would enlist my husband to help. If I was alone my options would be not as generous. I would spray the black dogs with a hose, if it would reach them. Do they belong in that yard?

Your pondering of your old dog schooling the younger is confusing, as this white dog is the one who is being 'schooled.' Are there no people home at that house? We have neighbors who are negligent with their dogs & horse. Their children are not getting a Godly upbringing, either, although a Baptist Church van picks the youngest up every Wednesday evening. Apparently the Church does not teach animal husbandry or at least the youngest would learn that a 1200 lb horse needs water - every day, not just when they remember it. (I water the horse as often as she asks for it because my ears are open to her voice.) If the neighbors do not hear the horse ask for water, there is slim chance they will hear God calling them home. So many are in this position, lost and they don't even know it.

Your post really made me think and pray.
white stone

2011/4/30 16:23Profile
HeartSong

Re:

The dogs are in a large, fenced enclosure that is some distance away. There is also a fenced off area within the enclosure that one, or more, of the dogs are sometimes in. These dogs did not all grow up together. First there was "Barker" (one of the big black dogs) - He was tied up all day by himself at the end of a rope. Then the fence (chain link) went up and another dog appeared, and now there are four. I do not know anything about the family other than the fact that the teenage son is very bitter.

I have prayed for the white dog, and have my eye on him. Tonight he was in the smaller enclosure - it was dark so I could not see where any of the black dogs were. My heart goes out to the white dog as he really does look like a very nice dog that is used to being inside. If the LORD directs, I will insert myself into the situation.

God bless you white stone.

2011/5/1 1:34Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear HeartSong,

Thank you for the clarification. I will pray for you to be a blessing to that family. Also, I will pray for you. It is stressful to view this, I know. It is a small consolation for them to be fenced. Not a sparrow falls to the ground that God does not know. Everything works to His glory. Praise Jesus,
ws

2011/5/1 9:43Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Thank you for your prayers White_Stone.

The other day I noticed that the neighbors with the dogs were planting a garden. Today, when I finished planting potatoes, I had a few left over and considered seeing if the neighbors wanted them for their garden. Having plenty to do, I brushed the thought aside and set the paper plate with the left over potatoes upon the rain barrel. No sooner had I turned away when the plate and all of the potatoes blew off the top of the rain barrel and onto the ground.

Due to the timing and power of the small wind gust, I decided to see if the neighbors were in their back yard - and of course there she was. She graciously accepted my offer of the potatoes, so I climbed down the hill and we exchanged pleasantries. The door is open.

FYI - The white dog, with it's owner, will be leaving at the end of the week. They were just visiting.

2011/5/5 0:15Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear HeartSong,

What good news! That wind gust was a real attention getter, I loved that part.

Thank you for the update,
ws

2011/5/5 0:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy