SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Rev. David Wilkerson Killed in TX Car Crash

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Rev. David Wilkerson Killed in TX Car Crash

Watch the Video here: http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2011/April/Rev-David-Wilkerson-Killed-in-TX-Car-Crash/

NOTE: Please pray for Gwen his wife who was badly injured in the car crash.

Rev. David Wilkerson, founding pastor of Times Square Church in New York City and author of the well-known book The Cross and the Switchblade, was killed Wednesday in a head-on collision in Texas. He was 79.

"It is with deepest of sadness that we have to inform you of the sudden passing of Reverend David Wilkerson, our founding pastor," Times Square Church Senior Pastor Carter Conlon said in a statement on the church website.

Conlon added that details of the family's wishes and a memorial service would be provided as information became available.

How did Pastor David Wilkerson's ministry and life impact you

from: http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2011/April/Rev-David-Wilkerson-Killed-in-TX-Car-Crash/

2011/4/28 11:04Profile
HeartSong

Re: Rev. David Wilkerson Killed in TX Car Crash

Shortly after the LORD got a hold on me, David Wilkerson's newsletters began arriving in my mailbox. I had no idea who he was, or how he got my address, and thought at first that it was junk mail. But it was not. Time, and time again, his newsletter contained exactly the message that I needed to hear for that very hour of my life. When I finally got around to reading his book, The Cross and the Switchblade, I was astounded that it described some of the very things that I was going through and was greatly relieved that I was not so very strange after all. At one point I considered moving to New York so that I could attend Times Square Church.

I have been praising the LORD for sending David Wilkerson - for his heart, for his honesty, for his uncompromising expression of truth.

EDIT: And I forgot to mention that which is first and foremost - through his messages I learned how to worship the LORD.

2011/4/28 13:25Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re: Rev. David Wilkerson Killed in TX Car Crash

Brother David Wilkerson first touched my heart when I saw the movie, Cross & The Switchblade. In made a huge impact on me that a man would be so bold & humble and sure that God was with him to go into the deepest gang places in NYC, then to go after the leader, Niki Cruz. What a mighty man of God.

Then I began to get his Pulpit series. Oh, we couldn't wait for the next one to come out.

He warned us of the coming disasters, he recommended the books "Christian In Complete Armour" by William Gurnall and I have been reading that daily devotionals for years now. He said every Christian should read it.

I got in big trouble once when David was saying, not to be going to a Church just for the fellowship but to find a Church where the Pastor was preaching the whole Gospel and not a watered down one. I was attending such a Church and without love and grace I kind of went about it the wrong way. But the Lord blessed me and I got out of that Church. Glory to God!

I remember one pulpit series he had shared how the Holy Spirit came upon him so much during a church service that he just fell upon the floor and he was there a long time as the Lord was speaking to him and he had figured everyone had gone home as it was a long time he was there. And when he got up he was so blessed that the congregation was still there. He always put God's first.

And even now, in his last TSC sermon that JesusisGod or Lysa posted he was encouraging us to put God first, spend time with Him etc. I say amen to this brother David, amen. Brother David walked what he preached.

Then I began getting David Wilkerson's daily devotional's in my email and how they touched my heart everyday. I was encouraged, convicted, uplifted and he always took me to Jesus. God used him to help keep me on the straight and narrow road. It was an honor to post them daily here on SI and forward it to different friends.

I missed it so much today, the first day I did not get it in my email, the first day no post on SI, only the words sI that he went HOME. In which I am so rejoicing for him as he has run the race and finished it and the Lord says to him, well done thou good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of your Lord. Glory to God! What a well deserved celebration there is in Heaven.

I dont know them personally but I have grown to love his lovely family as well and pray for them as they are feeling the loss and the joy as well. Pray for his wife Gwen as she was in the accident too and still in the hospital along with the truck driver.

Personally, I dont like the thought of not hearing his voice currently. There is an importance to him going Home at this time for God's timing is always perfect.

David who has been God's spokesman for so many years warning us of what is to come, encouraging us to watch and pray, well, his voice is quiet now. It has been said, it is done. Now is the time for it all to come to pass. Time for us to draw close to God like never before. To seek Him with our whole hearts while He may be found. To be ready in our hearts, close to our God. God has spared David of what is to come, of what he has warned us about. I pray we may be faithful to the end as well.

I miss him already but I am looking forward to the day I, we, will be rejoicing with him in the Presence of our Lord.
And all the wonderful saints here on SI and the dear precious ones who are being and have been persecuted for His Name around the world.

Thank you Brother Greg for SI as the Lord has used it in a mighty way to bring me, us into a deeper relationship with our Savior and thank you for allowing us to share our hearts at this time of sorrow and joy. Bless you Brother Greg with all the fullness of Heaven.

All glory, praise & honor to our Precious Savior.

2011/4/28 14:37Profile

Re: update from TSC website

At present the Wilkerson family has requested a private family funeral in Texas.

Rev. Wilkerson’s wife, Gwen, who was injured in the accident, is still in the hospital under observation and expected to recover.

The official memorial service will be held at Times Square Church in New York City within the next two weeks. The service will be streamed live on the Times Square Church website. Details regarding the service will be posted on our website as they develop.

For closest friends, denominational leaders and dignitaries who wish to attend the service please forward inquiries to [email protected]. Seating will be limited.

Thank you for all your prayers and the outpouring of love you have shown for the Wilkerson family. We are comforted by knowing that Pastor David has been enjoying the full presence of the Lord for more than a day now.

God bless.

Pastor Carter Conlon

2011/4/28 16:32
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Here is a news obituary from Israel Today Magazine:

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsItem/tabid/178/nid/22767/Default.aspx

2011/4/28 16:39Profile

Re:

Here is Ray Comfort being interviewed on Brother Wilkersons passing.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=292481

2011/4/28 17:26
rusaved1

Virginia

Re:

Just heard about it... His testimony sounds so worthy of striving after. What really spoke to me was the call to follow what God wants me to do, just as Brother Wilkerson did. I was amazed at the report CBN had; so untypical of what I know of them! Praying for his wife...

[Edit]
Sorry, I read it wrong and thought it was CNN, instead of CBN. Towards that thought, it was a good review!

2011/4/28 20:18Profile

Re:

I would like to cry right now.

2011/4/28 21:20
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

The Latest:

At present the Wilkerson family has requested a private family funeral in Texas.

Rev. Wilkerson’s wife, Gwen, who was injured in the accident, is still in the hospital under observation and expected to recover.

The official memorial service will be held at Times Square Church in New York City within the next two weeks. The service will be streamed live on the Times Square Church website. Details regarding the service will be posted on our website as they develop.

For closest friends, denominational leaders and dignitaries who wish to attend the service please forward inquiries to [email protected]. Seating will be limited.

Thank you for all your prayers and the outpouring of love you have shown for the Wilkerson family. We are comforted by knowing that Pastor David has been enjoying the full presence of the Lord for more than a day now.

God bless.

Pastor Carter Conlon

---

http://www.tscnyc.org/pastor_david_wilkerson.php

2011/4/28 21:45Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Thanks for the update bro. Greg.

2011/4/28 22:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.