SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Counterfeit of the Occult - Some things to know and remember

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Quote:
I found it. War on the Saints, pg 50, The Baptism in the Holy Ghost (unabridged edition).

Hi anonymous777

i've been reading this book for months as a very godly man that i know recomended it to me his words where "there is alot of meat in this book and it will lead to the goryfication of God" seeing avarious reviews on this book myself. the only good discussion on found it was that the original book is different to an unabridged edition as it wasnt truthfully an unabridged version as the co-writers changed some of her writings because they didn't want to push the point of possession in christians. and comparing the two books together they have been changed alot. i know that there are websites with the writings being trully unabridged.

I tried to post earlier on this but weird things happend to my computer so i changed the content of the post.

2011/4/28 8:13Profile

Re:

Crusader,

I can't read off of computer screens too much, and I don't know if it bothers you either, but here is the Full Text, Unabridged Version.

http://www.amazon.com/War-Saints-Full-Text-Unabridged/dp/0913926043/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303997968&sr=8-2

Read some of the comments on Amazon.

Lack of experience should not deny what the Word says.

We "color" the Word by our experiences or lack of.

A777

2011/4/28 9:41
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

The entire premise of this thread is SO bogus. imho. Sorry for the bluntness...but it appears to be so! For example, Anonymous777 stated

Quote:
I find that much of the working of the enemy takes place in the charismatic and pentecostal churches.

If that is so then perhaps the reason folks do not see attacks outside of those groups is that the other "more mainline" groups are never of any threat to the enemy whatsoever! satan wastes no time attacking an impotent foe. If your, and similar thoughts on this thread, are correct then it is actually the proof they are on track because the enemy opposes and tries to derail them....

However, the more important issue is this..... the very ideas expressed in this thread are clearly unscriptural.

It has been said that those seeking God and asking Him for deeper and fuller expressions of the Holy Spirit are being deceived and led astray. Strange...scripture says that can not happen. Recall this in Luke 11

Quote:
9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. 11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for[f] a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

If I am sincere in my heart in seeking an experience from Jesus with the Holy Spirit I AM NOT GOING TO GET SOMETHING ELSE. The premise of this thread appears to accuse Jesus of lying to us! Either Jesus mislead us...or the thoughts in this thread may be a bit off course. You choose for yourself. I will stick with the Word...not Jesse Penn Lewis.

One final thought. You might want to do a bit of research into the actions, reasons, and motivations of Ms. Penn Lewis. You will find she took Evan Roberts, a key...probably the key...leader in the Welsh Revival, and isolated him from his family. He had a breakdown from the physical exhaustion of going night and day...but she isolated him and refused to allow anyone to see him. She refused his mother, father, siblings, virtually ANYONE. These were his blood relatives who loved God and loved Evan. They had no motivation other than their love and concern for him. His family did not believe Penn Lewis to be a godly woman. She was an author who could not sell her books and used Evan's fame as her "publicity". She kept him in isolation, eventually persuaded him to deny most of the incredible work that happened in the Welsh Revival, and then used him as her publicity man to hawk her books. There is a great deal more....but do a little actual digging before holding up Penn Lewis as all authoratative in this matter. History appears to indicate that the motives may not have been so pure..ultimately God knows...and it is plain that she was against almost everything in the Welsh Revival. Just go do some actual digging....and be fair...find what is there...not what you "want" to find.... that's all I am saying.

edited for clarity..should proofread BEFORE I post!
Blesssings

2011/4/28 9:59Profile

Re: Yesterday's post

A777

Just trying to get clarification on what this thread is saying. There is a tendancy to overreact to the excesses of spiritual experiences and say they are not valid today. If I read this thread rght it seems that a caution of excessive emphasis on experience is wise. But I would not want to discourage the experience of Christ in a believer's life.

2011/4/28 10:47

Re:

Hi Solomon,

Bluntness is ok, no problem.

To add clarity, yes, the enemy works in the non-charismatic camp, too. Obviously! There is plenty of deception to go around. Satan does not respect any Christian that opens the door (give place) to him and there are many ways to do this (sin, rebellion).

I was saying that those that open themselves up to the supernatural without proper grounding (understanding) in the Word pertaining to the supernatural, and without discernment are opening themselves up to seducing spirits and counterfeit supernatural gifts.

Satan is very effective in the churches that deny supernatural gifts, too. He has a different strategy for deceiving and keeping them in the dark.

Asking God scripturally for something is completely different from opening yourself up to the supernatural realm. "Abandoning" yourself to the spirit, I believe is one of the terms used. If you abandon yourself to a false spirit of Jesus, you certainly will not receive an egg, fish or loaf of bread.

Sincerity is not the protection against lies. I think we can all testify to that.

Regarding Jessie, Attacking any messenger of the Lord, does not necessarily disqualify what they have received from God. There are many illustrations of this down through the centuries regarding men and women used mightily by God. Do you want to start talking about dirty laundry of men and women of God? Who would stand up to our scrutiny? Would we listen to anyone?

Knowing about Jessie Penn-Lewis's faults or mistakes would not nullify the truths in her book.

If our lives were laid out to all in this forum, do you think anyone would listen to us?

Blessings to you, too.
A777

2011/4/28 12:07
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Counterfeit of the Occult - Some things to know and remember

I have the 1995 abridged edition. Should I get the unabridged instead?

2011/4/28 12:16Profile

Re:

If you want everything she wrote and not what people who disagreed with her, took out. It's up to you. Links are in this thread.

2011/4/28 12:21

Re:

Rather than go through this discussion again - my replies are on this link -

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=37171&forum=40&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0

It seems that we can't stress the balance on this topic enough of late. There must be a reason and I feel that the days ahead are that reason - when deceptions coupled with fear will be rampant.

The warning of Paul, to not go beyond what is Written certainly was and always will be the order of the day.

GOD help us to put down our beliefs and 'experiences' at His Altar - at the feet of The Word of GOD Himself and that which is written. Pray one for another to sacrifice what is not from Him / His Word.

2011/4/28 12:53

Re:

And may the Lord give us more understanding and light.

Amen.

A777

2011/4/28 13:17
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I am going to update my book. Links are ok but I want the paper version in my hand. I don't have a laptop.

2011/4/28 14:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy